(See All?) Announcements
1,028 Users Online
Google, Bing, Adora

aim your arrow at the sky — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
@Sylva || Expectant mothers may start to feel uncomfortable and she may vomit occasionally due to the extra pressure against her stomach.

And I can feel your anger from way across the sea

Saying she felt bad was putting it lightly. She felt gross and it seemed her body was keen on keeping her feeling like that. Instead of hovering near @Kajika she strayed from his side. The last thing she wanted to do was maybe share the sickness - which she was pretty positive it didn't work like that but surely she'd make him sick with her own churnings.

Instead she settled down near the lake's shore. It had taken ages to find just the right position but once she did she hunkered down for good, not intent on moving until something (or someone) made her. Every now and then she'd stretch out her neck to lick at the icy surface of the lake. Every time the weather started getting warm it seemed the temperature dipped again. She was tired of it. Partially upset she hadn't taken herself and her unborn brood back to the south while she could have. Then again, would Kajika have followed or would he have stayed ever faithful to the pack?

It didn't matter and she didn't dwell on it much longer than that. She was pretty much stuck here now.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow
Medic Demonstration 1/3

The weather was frustrating and annoying to say the least. Two litters were on the way and what did Sylva have to show for it? Shriveled herbs. It’d be a nightmare if the cold stayed and lingered once the pups were born. They’d need a lot more warmth, and if winter didn’t release its icy grasp, she’d never been able to gather the herbs she’d need to combat any illness or injury that cropped up. 

She stepped along the lake’s shore, seeking solace in the icy, rhythmic lull of the currents that tugged the water along the rough edge where water meets land. Her nose twitched, a stray breeze carrying the scent of a packmate, one Sylva had been meaning to check up on, to begin with. Now seemed like a good time to, if Birtie was in the mood that was. Sylva wasn’t one to linger when emotions run high and became unpredictable like they did when you were carrying.

As she came closer, she let a soft yip out to announce her presence before padding closer, a small smile on the medic’s lips as she spoke “How are you feeling today?”
(This post was last modified: Apr 13, 2018, 11:50 PM by Sylva.)
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Her ears stood tall at the sound of the yip. Her grungy yellow gaze looked around to catch the small form of Sylva. While they weren't close, they were familiar with each other. Birtie would have been happier to have been left alone but maybe the company of a medic wasn't awful. Maybe she could actually get something out of it.

"I've certainly felt better. Nauseous today." She admitted with a dismissive thump of her tail against the earth. "Is that normal?" The large female asked with a raised brow. Was she supposed to feel so uneasy in her own skin? Just thinking about it caused a nasty taste in the back of her mouth. Hesitantly she leaned forward to lick at some ice hoping it would wash away the gross flavor.

Sylva Riverflow
Medic Demonstration 2/3

Sylva’s ears angled toward her cream-colored packmate. She listened intently to her questions, genuine concern always there for the welfare of her friends. She was worried about the nausea she had been feeling lately. The small wolf nodded slowly, recalling her own pregnancy the previous year, she had first-hand knowledge of how it felt and what Birtie was going through.

“It is very common.” She said confidently, a smile forming on her rubbery lips as she settled down onto her rump a few feet from the sprawled out mother to be. “There’s new life growing inside of you, it’s not gonna feel normal for quite awhile, but you’re looking healthy and your instincts will help guide you., but do you have any more concerns? I know a being a first-time mother is nerve-racking.
(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2018, 12:06 AM by Sylva.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Instincts and such. Maybe if Birtie trusted her own instincts enough she wouldn't have asked a healer if it was normal. These weren't instincts she had had before. Everything felt strange, made her uncomfortable.

"Is there anything that can help with it or am I just supposed to deal with it?" Surely there was something she could do to help. Some magical plant or certain actions that would silence her stomach. The Parlow had no idea how healer stuff worked, she had never taken a particular interest in it. Part of her regretted the decision now. She should have been smarter and listened when her older brother discussed plants. Birtie supposed that this was the price she had to pay for her youthful mistake.

Sylva Riverflow
medic Demonstration 3/3

Sylva wasn’t sure what she should say, sure there were plants that could easily help, but this weather killed anything before it could even blossom. She didn’t want to give the expecting mother hope for something that could be weeks away from even growing or potent enough to really help settle her stomach.

She nodded, figuring it was best to at least let her know about them “There are plants, like one called yarrow, it helps alleviate upset stomachs, but until some grow, any I could find from last year would be too withered by now to have any potent or noticeable effect, but please, give it a few more weeks, with the weather warming, it’ll be popping up all over the place.”
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
The expectant female listened intently. Yarrow. It wasn't something she was familiar with but she was trusting the small healer to be honest with her. Now that she knew there was a cure, they could get to find it right?

No. She had been wrong because the dark female proved her thoughts wrong with the next string of words. They brought a sharp frown to Birtie's features. She huffed and stood up, a sharp flick of her tail being given. What good was the advice if it wasn't going to do her any good when she needed it? "A few weeks?" She asked with a sharpness. "I'll be...I'll be the size of a moose by then!" Which surely meant she'd feel even worse by then. Her words were filled with bitterness. How long was it supposed to last? Would she even make it for another few weeks? Birtie was pretty positive that both her temper and her sides would explode in a few weeks.
Sylva Riverflow
Sylva grimaced, her ears folding back at the sudden sharpness in her packmate’s tone. It was expected though, she knew exactly how Birtie felt. Honestly, she couldn’t blame her, but with the high, cold attitudes, she'd have to go far off the mountain in any hope to find the early blossoms.

“No no.” she murmured reassuringly to the pregnant female “You shouldn’t get much bigger, depending on how many you’re carrying, but you won’t get to the size of a moose, I didn’t.” She said, pausing to think something over. She’d talk to @Kajika and @Moonshadow, she needed to go on an expedition soon anyways, she needed to collect some yarrow and sweetgrass for when Birtie and Moonshadow did go into labor.
(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2018, 05:08 PM by Sylva.)