Apollo, Google, Bing, Nash, Armand

photo albums spread out on the floor — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
what's the point in closure, when it's already over
used to be your shoulder, now i don't know ya

It had been over four months since he had last been this far North, and over a year since Lorcan had last ventured to these particular springs. This last time he had been here he'd been a dutiful healer of Whitestone Monadnock, desperately seeking medical supplies for @Odin. This time was not much different. A year later he was back, to the same spot he had visited before, in search of sweetgrass for @Daesamar. However, this time, the pack that had greeted him at their borders before ceased to exist.

Pale brows furrowed in a mixture of worry and disappointment. There was no longer any sign of White Fir Notch, nor any lingering scent of his old friend and teacher @Emrys in the trees which gathered around him. The leader couldn't help but wonder what might have happened to them. When he had last been in the North, in Hearthwood, he had not heard any whispers of trouble with any of their neighbouring packs — except at Whitestone of course. Maybe, in all the choas, the wolves of the Notch had  slipped away and disbanded without notice.

Lorcan swallowed hard, trying to push down the guilt he felt clenching at his gut in that moment, before pressing his nose to ground. Maybe, if he searched hard enough, he'd get lucky and stumble across their abandoned medicinal cache and be able to scavenge whatever was left. If not, he'd just have to focus his search for the sweetgrass beside the water. Either way, he was determined to return to the tarn with something of use.

(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2018, 06:43 PM by Lorcan.)
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

He had departed from the Rye with a small kiss to @Adelayde's head and the promise of returning in three days max. Laike wanted to search for something worthwhile. Perhaps a smaller herd that would have less potential to seriously injure someone. A wounded doe or young fawn. It was a bit of a stretch but he could hope. He had decided to search the south first, wondering if any might be hiding in the thicker foliaged lands.

His nose led him this way and that way without anything truly promising. The man had half a mind to turn around and head home. He knew he was needed there. As a guardian, a leader and a soon to be father. He should have been happy. He had almost everything most wolves wished for but he still wasn't content. Laike craved to improve the state of the Fields. He wanted to make their ranks swell and secure a future for the pack. It was easier thought of than done, though.

He caught something though, up ahead that moved about. The large male stopped his own movements and let out a deep bark.

art by kydnt
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
used to be your shoulder, now I don't know ya

Lorcan was hard at work with his nose pressed to the ground, picking up dirt on his muzzle, as he went about in search of the Notch's old medicinal cache, along with any signs of the sweetgrass he was after. As he had expected though, the trails that had once weaved through the territory were long gone and any distinguishing features, such as dens and caches, were now concealed beneath dirt and overgrown foliage. It was shame, but perhaps continuing his search beside the water, where he knew the sweetgrass was more likely to grow, would be best.

Lifting his head, golden eyes glanced around in search of the faint glimmer of water through the trees, though before he could take a proper scan of the area, his nose caught a whiff of something — or rather someone — he recognised. There was no mistaking there was a Rye wolf nearby, though as his head turned towards their bark as it reached his ears, he had expected to be met with such a familiar face.

Laike, brother, what are you— His voice trailed off as he immediately moved towards him, tail waving behind him and head held low as he attempted to greet his larger sibling with an affectionate nuzzle to his neck. The scent of the Rye wolves was unmistakable on his brother's coat. So, you decided to side with the Rye wolves huh? He commented, a single pale brow perking up curiously.  Lorcan couldn't say he was entirely happy about the idea of his brother living alongside the wolves that had hid @Risaela from her pack for so long, but then again, that was old news. It had been a long time since Lorcan had been in the North and maybe opinions had changed since then.     

(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2018, 07:23 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

How...odd.

Laike had not expected to stumble across his brother, especially not anytime soon like today. The voice was undeniably belonging to Lorcan though. His tail swayed easily behind his beefy form. He didn't mind the fading words of his brother as he was instead greeted with a more affectionate display. "Lorcan." The larger brother rumbled kindly as he offered a soft nip at Lorcan's crown.

His brow raised at the question that soon followed. "I did but there's no illness between me and Lachesis. I originally went there for Adelayde but I lead there now." The words were calm and neutral but the corner of his lips tugged up every so slightly. His nostrils flared to take in the scent of his own brother. Nothing seemed familiar, though. "Where have you gone off to?"

art by kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
used to be your shoulder, now I don't know ya

The nip to his crown summoned a low purr from the smaller brother before he moved, muzzle still rubbing up against Laike's silver fur, to circle all the way around him. He appeared in good shape, hadn't changed much, and Lorcan couldn't help but eye him curiously as he stepped off to one side, a smile gracing his charcoal lips.

Pale brows quirked upwards, first at the mention of Adelayde, then at the news of his brother leading the Rye. Golden eyes widened and his black-tipped tail moved to waved faster behind him. Congratulations! Did you challenge for it? He asked, his smile widening, before he added on. ...and Adelayde, she wouldn't happen to be the same girl you were so nervous to meet at the pool would she? The smaller brother teased.

He had been about to mention his own status when Laike prompted him with the question. South of here, along the edge of the mountain. Me and Piety recently set up a pack there together, Clearwater Tarn.. and we're expecting pups. He explained, his cheeks growing red as he spoke of his own accomplishments. Who would have thought. Both him and Laike, leaders. Oh, there father would have been proud. Not that Lorcan particularly cared what their father thought.

# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Laike Artemieva
i remember, i remember the days
when i'd make you oh so afraid

Despite his brother's widening smile, Laike found his lips tugging down as his brows briefly furrowed. No, He started off as his gaze seemed to harden some - unwilling to show emotion. While he had never been terribly close to the older Avalon, Laike had plenty to thank him for. Along with the fact that everyone around him had seemed so hard hit by the passing that the Artemieva felt he had somehow absorbed the festering moods. The previous leader passed away so I did what any honorable wolf would do and stepped up. He very well could have declined but he could not imagine the kind of mood that would have put @Adelayde in. He loved her and cared for her deeply so in turn, he had unspokenly vowed to protect the lands she loved so deeply.

She is. He rumbled as some of the warmth seemed to return to his features. The tawny duo had come so far in the last year. A whole year. It boggled him how much had changed in his life in the last year but it (more or less) seemed to be for the better.

His tail swayed and had he been human he would have given a hearty hand to the back of his brother. It seems a congratulations is due for you too. With the news of both of them being leaders allowed some more diplomatic thoughts to ring in his brain. They ought to set up an alliance or something close to one. He would have to discuss it with Jessie first, not wishing to run the entire place without her even if she was still mourning. Adelayde is also expecting. He spoke with a not so hidden tone of pride.