414 Users Online
Hazelnut, Google, Bing, Sophrosnia, Viorel, Jethro

off the grid. — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer
For @Greer.  Evening.

There were a lot of things to talk about. One of which was the litter she was currently brewing – only five weeks in, and Kyna thought she was about to explode – but that was not currently on the Queen’s mind. There was Aurora Heights’ dropping numbers…but that was not exactly what she wanted to discuss with her mate, either.

Nudging Greer’s shoulder, she encouraged the shadow to walk with her as most of the pack settled in for the night. They would join the group soon – but this was a private discussion. Not an alpha discussion, but a couple discussion. Maybe that was why Kyna led them out to one of her favorite places within the forest.

She sighed softly and sat, her feet aching, even after that short walk. She shook a paw out as she began to speak. “There’s been something on my mind, lately…”

Resources by freepik.com, table by Kydnt
Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

Greer would never deny an evening stroll with his mate. He’d be foolish, especially in her current state, to brush her off. They also rarely got to spend time together, just the two of them, as their duties (along with their few subordinates) kept them busy. Although he matched her pace, stride for stride, the shadow allowed his russet wife to lead the way, as it was her that had initiated the stroll. His mercury gaze fell to her occasionally, his brows knitted with worry. For the most part she appeared composed, a little focused maybe, but not at all troubled. Unfortunately it made him worry even more, as he wasn’t sure what was cooking in that brain of hers…

Once her paws ceased and her hindquarters settled against the ground Greer took his place at her side, his shoulder brushing against hers. Her voice caused his maw to angle toward her, the corners of his mouth tightening and curving downward. In typical Greer fashion, the Archer remained quiet, his expressive features doing the talking for him instead. Go on, the wrinkle between his brows said as his tail wagged encouragingly behind him.

[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Ahhhhhh.

This was much better. As Greer settled in beside her, the female allowed herself a soft, satisfied sigh, leaning into his weight and enjoying the warmth. The closeness. Being this heavy all of the time was truly a task in and of itself, and having someone to take some of the weight off (even if only a little) was some kind of miracle. She couldn’t even lay on her belly anymore, but had to sprawl out in some weird tangle of limbs and bulk. Even then, she was never really comfortable.

Being a yearling and seeing Aponi pregnant came to mind, if only briefly – she’d been certain the silver wolf would explode (and all that came of that pregnancy was Lila). If that was the case, she was certain she was bigger. She must be. This just felt so much worse than before.

It dawned on the alpha (eventually) that she was getting locked inside of her own skull again, so she reached closer and nuzzled up against Greer’s thick ruff. “I was thinking about what to name our children. Not….first names, I suppose. I’ve no idea if they’re girls or boys. I assume girls. My mother always had girls.”

She shrugged – nothing was certain. Corsair had been tossed into the mix last year, after all. “I was thinking about family names.”

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

Fortunately, for the shadow, he was burdened with the easy part of parenthood: watching his mate swell with puppies. It was entirely his fault (technically fifty-fifty, but he knew Kyna would be happier if he put the blame on himself) and he wished he could make it easier for her, but the Archer did not know how. He’d picked up some knowledge about herbs from his younger sister, but he didn’t know if it actually helped her. She was uncomfortable and irritable; most days he did not know if she wanted him around or for him to piss off. Most days he was hesitant, approaching her with food or a compliment (or two). He never knew which of Kyna’s many moods were going to greet him.

Allowing her to lean against him the ebony Archer turned his nose toward her as she spoke, mentioning names for their children. … I’ve no idea if they’re girls or boys. I assume girls … His tail flicked indifferently behind him. He wasn’t partial to either gender, although he wouldn’t mind have at least one son this litter. To carry on the family name—but which family name was his scarlet mate thinking of? He hummed in response, the corners of his mouth curling as he considered her words. Family name? Revon had always been considered an Archer, but the shadow knew that his mate was fond of her own family name. They both came from proud lineages. What ideas did Kyna have up her non-existent sleeves…?

Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Aponi always had girls. Even in her latest litter, the girls outnumbered the boys. The odds were not in Greer’s favor.

But Kyna could not read thoughts – nor could she see the future – so she simply yawned as exhaustion caught up with her, snuggling more closely into the shadow’s side. For a moment, she simply rested. If he hadn’t prompted her with his own question, she might have forgotten she’d asked one at all. Pregnancy brain was a pain in the ass. (And everything else, from the tips of her ears right down to her aching toes.)

At least, at the moment, Greer was greeted with a very cuddly, uncommon form of Kyna – at least when out in plain sight.

“Yes. I-- Well, you, Niles, and Morganna were the only Archers I really knew until recently. Your…family down in the willows leaves some to be desired. So very loud, you see, and there’s… There’s no one left to carry on the Argyris name, and since we’re on my father’s old grounds, I just… Wondered… How attached you were to ‘Archer’, I suppose.”

@Greer -- "will u take my name, o love of my life?"
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

For the first time, perhaps ever, Greer found it difficult to read his scarlet mate. He’d gotten used to her silent, non-verbal cues (just as she’d become accustom to his own), along with her mannerisms, but the expression she wore was not one he was familiar with. She seemed almost… nervous? About what, though? The family name? His brows pinched tight with concern as he waited for her to explain herself, the words tumbling off her tongue haphazardly as they filled the air between them. She spoke of Niles and Morganna—two Archer’s that the scarlet queen was familiar with and liked, aside from himself—and the family he had within the willows before discussing her own family. The Argyris name. He blinked, his expression smoothing. Ah. So this was what the fuss was all about. She wanted to continue her family name.

… how attached you were to ‘Archer’ … His chin tipped to the side as he considered her question. He’d always been proud to be an Archer, even with the family drama that seemed to follow them around. It was the Lyall name that the shadow had dropped, as he had never connected with it. So he understood the importance of a family name, and why his mate was so attached to her own. Greer flexible, he hummed as he brushed his nose against her cheek. What in Ky-mind?

Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Flexible. What did that mean?

She highly doubted Greer was being coy – or even looking for a particular answer. He just wasn’t like that. Painfully blunt, yes. But word games, mind games…those were not particularly his style. Admittedly, she did imagine that sometimes he would just humor her. They’d never had a real argument. Disagreements, yes – they weren’t the same wolf. Weren’t raised the same, had different ideals. Ideas. But never all out arguments, with raised voices, or anger, or…

She was getting carried away. First of all, Kyna hardly desired any kind of confrontation with her lover. More importantly, he seemed curious. “I’m not sure.” That was her honest answer. Part of Kyna had expected Greer not open to conversation at all, though she hardly knew why, in retrospect. “I still carry it myself.” Still introduced herself as Kyna Argyris Archer. “But…I still feel far more like an Argyris than an Archer. You seem more like an Arygris than an Archer. What if they…weren’t…Archers…but, you know, Argyris?”

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

He was not surprised by her request, or by her statement. Greer had always been proud to be an Archer—it was why he had dropped his father’s surname Lyall and only introduced himself as an Archer. But, due to recent events, he could feel himself distancing from his own family name. He barely knew the family that remained in the willows; the only thing that kept them tied to each other was their shared surname. But he did not hold any loyalty to them—not anymore. He would always care for his younger sister, along with his older sister further west, but he felt as though the strength that their surname once held was slowly fading.

But he could not abandon his own family name. Even if things were strained between him and his remaining family member. He was still an Archer, even if he felt more like an Arygris.

He nodded softly in response to her question as he mulled it over, his tongue pressed to the roof of his mouth. What would the rest of the Archers think if his children were given his mate’s surname? Did he care?

He wasn’t sure anymore.

Both? He suggested, his tone soft as his silver gaze met pools of ember. Let choose, like Greer? Choose what feel. He paused, letting his words digest. Revon, too.

(This post was last modified: Jun 27, 2018, 12:33 AM by Greer.)
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Let them choose.

She hadn’t thought of that – and why not? Hadn’t she chosen? She’d been an Aquila, an Aquila Argyris, and then finally an Argyris Archer once she and Greer had made their partnership official. His suggestion set her into several moments of thoughtful silence as she rolled the ideas around. She didn’t want the Argyris name to die with her – but she couldn’t force names on them. That was wrong and, well, Greer was right. There was no stopping them from changing it later on.

“I knew I kept you around for a reason,” she murmured, her fiery eyes bright as she leaned back in to kiss his cheek. “How very clever. Yes. Two names – and then they can choose as they grew.” Kyna sighed happily, snuggling back in to Greer’s warmth. “A brilliant man.”

And all hers.

@Greer -- Fade with your post? <3
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

A soft smile rolled on his dark features as he watched his scarlet wife consider his suggestion. The Archer-Lyall brood had gone through a similar situation in the past; where the children kept the surname they were most attached too. Some of his siblings held onto the Lyall name while others, like himself, only felt ties to the Archer name. Although Greer wasn’t sure how attached he was to the name anymore. The new generation of Archers did not seem to understand what it meant to be attached to such a strong lineage. They felt entitled because of it, and did not feel like they needed to prove themselves like Greer’s litter (and Morganna’s). He just hoped his own children wouldn’t fall under the Archer spell and make a name for themselves; whether it was with his family name or Kyna’s. Or both. Whatever they chose.

He hummed beneath her praise, his nose leaning into her cheek as he embraced her touch. He wouldn’t go as far as calling himself brilliant but he was pleased Kyna thought so. Not brilliant as Ky, he added as he nipped, affectionately, at the base of her ear. His mercury gaze remained fixated on the mountain view before them, his shoulders sagging as he relaxed. There was no other place he’d rather call home—although home was wherever Kyna was, no matter what terrain they lived on.

Fade — thread complete.