Long Silent — Roamer's Rest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 144 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Macha Archer
Macha ARCHER
You are the vision I'm looking for.

Forward dated to 4/16

With all of the responsibilities the young Archer had taken upon herself back home, alongside the inevitable danger that came with wild coyote's wandering about, Macha was still determined not to stray too far away from safety, limiting herself to area's directly surrounding her pack and anything she could find between home and Sven's place. Today it would be the latter. Even though she'd more than done a once-over of these lands, the fae knew that there was bound to be something new to see if she went looking for it. Plus, wasn't it about time to scope out how the growth of all of the local herbs were coming along? Just a quick trip away to clear her mind, then she'd be right back within the borders.

As promised, Macha managed to stumble across the most peculiar looking tree, something she'd managed to miss time and time again before now. It looked as if it was specifically made to be inhabited by something, and the near-yearling's mind hastily jumped to tree spirits. She smiled as she slowly began to approach the sight. "Nature sure is lovely, isn't it?" the girl said sweetly to herself before something perhaps even more peculiar caught her eye. Something was moving inside of there, what? A tree spirit, perhaps? But to be this visible? Well, that'd be a miracle. "Hello?" She asked with  bit of enthusiasm, quickening her pace as she approached the tree. What was it?! Well, whatever it was it was definitely too small to be of any danger to the girl. Unless of course it really was a tree spirit, though the girl hadn't ever done anything to piss one off before. She was pretty sure she was in the clear.

Alas, as Macha closed the distance the form became quite clear to her. A small, slimy brown guy stared curiously up at her now. 'crooaakk' "Oh.. Hello, Mr. Toad." She sighed, what a disappointment.

(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2018, 02:28 AM by Macha.)
[Image: 9lnGsxY.png]
[Image: Ms48YtV.png]
Check profile for preferences, Noemie can jump into any of my threads at any time.
Played by Switch who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilith
though i'm empty when you go

The turn of events left her in a miserable state. Things were off balance, and she wanted to correct it all. She wasn't sure how. She kept failing in so many areas. She surely couldn't do something like it alone. There was a great piece of her heart warning it might not be her place. These things were happening because they ought to. She needed to seek out why. Trust it was how the path was. But, she was having a hard time trusting herself, and fate. She felt like there was no one listening. Her spirit suffered.

Like now. She should not be out here, alone. How much she wanted to keep Sven assured she wouldn't endanger herself. But, if something happened to her maybe he'd look at her differently. Maybe, she could hold his attention. Testing the air she did not find a hint of coyote and continued her wandering. She ought to try hunting. With her mind a mess she knew she had no hope to focus. Rather she did or not she would use it as an excuse to be from the Ridge territory. It was her job after all.

A voice. One she thought she knew, teased her ears. Without a second thought she sought it, a faint flicker of joy lightening her chest. "Macha?" She could only question, having realized her joy might be stolen from her. She might have hoped to hard, and this was just a black wolf.

i just wanted you to know
[Image: g3SYtUY.png]
Inactive No Rank
Macha Archer
Macha ARCHER

A soft call from behind where she stood caused Macha's ears to flicker, thus interrupting the introduction she had been preforming with the small amphibian, not that the event served any importance or anything. "Sorry Mr. Toad, maybe later." She whispered with a smile and turned to greet the wolf who had apparently known her on a first name basis. "Oh! Woah!" The Archer grinned. "Lilith! What are you doing out here?" Her tail wagged lightly as she examined the fae. If memory served, this was the first time the pair had made any contact with each other since devilsbite. "Sven told me you were staying in his pack, is that still a thing? How are you? Is he treating you well?" So many questions, poor Lilith.

Check profile for preferences, Noemie can jump into any of my threads at any time.
Played by Wolfsong who has 3 posts.
Inactive
Svalla Roane
Svalla saw the two wolves and tentatively walked up to them. Neither of them looked anything like her father. Good. "Hello," she said. "Who are you? I'm Svalla." Mentioning her name to a wolf she'd never met was a risk. They might be working with her father. Her paranoia was still very strong in her. A survival instinct she probably wouldn't need, although there was always a chance one of the wolves would try to hurt her, would try to bring her back to him. The only way to keep living was to forget. Ignorance was bliss, and since those terrible days she had wished that she could be ignorant again. It wasn't an insult in her mind, but a blessing.

She pushed the dark thoughts away until she was just looking at the shadows, not inside of them and concentrated on the wolves in front of her. They didn't look too evil, but merely a pair of friends bumping into one another. That was innocent enough.
Played by Switch who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilith
sorry let me try this again maeby. @Macha
though i'm empty when you go

The young woman turned, and there was no doubt. An assured smile touched her lips. Things were still different but in a lot of good ways. But sometimes there were those things she missed. But, she had to laugh, almost scoff as Macha questioned her. "I do leave the Ridge now and again. Who on earth are you talking to out here?" She raised a brow, batting her eyelashes in tease. She had yet to realize there was anyone else around. Like always she couldn't help wonder what the girl was up to. She wouldn't lie. She was a bit surprised she'd left the dell behind. Wondered how she'd gotten away from her mother.

"Yes it is." Though if she meant the pack, or her attachment to Sven she wasn't sure. Clearly her actions left little idea.

"I've been all right. It's not the same but not all bad." She had to take a pause, a little surprised by the question. Was he taking care of her? An emotion she didn't feel often brought heat into her cheeks. He wasn't treating her the way she really wanted to be. "Of course he is. He is a diligent leader despite his soft mate." She did not hide the coolness that clung to the last three words. Right now she couldn't help it.

A strange white wolf cautiously came their way. Lilith's hair raised on the back of her neck. She didn't like the idea of being overheard nor this reunion intruded upon. Play nice, right? Lilith's teeth set tight, but she swiftly unclasped her jaw."Lilith. Is there something you think we can help you with?" She hid her disdain behind her dark mask.

i just wanted you to know
(This post was last modified: Jul 27, 2018, 04:59 PM by Lilith.)
[Image: g3SYtUY.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
The scent of a large band of coyotes is on the breeze.
Played by Wolfsong who has 3 posts.
Inactive
Svalla Roane
Svalla stopped, one paw lifted in the air. She hadn't expected the disapproving tone. She probably shouldn't have interrupted their little reunion. Nothing is wrong, Sval, nothing is wrong, she thought. "Nothing really." she said, trying to dig herself out of the hole she had fallen into. To her relief, her voice sounded cool and confident. At least, compared to what she had expected. She really needed to get over these little panic attacks. They didn't help her at all.

Then she screamed. Well, nearly. She didn't actually make a sound, but she felt like she did.

The scent of coyotes flew through a gentle breeze. A large pack of them. A huge, giant, terrible pack of them. "Uh, guys. I think we should get out of here." she said, already primed to run. She wasn't going to die here. Not after surviving so much.
Inactive No Rank
Macha Archer
Macha ARCHER

Macha almost felt embarrassed after Lilith questioned who she had been sharing a conversation with previous to her arrival. It sure did look like she was out here talking to herself, huh? Though in retrospect that wouldn't be too out of character of her either. "Oh, just a toad living in the tree." She grinned. "I thought it was a tree spirit, though toads are just as lovely I suppose." She then listened as her seemingly oldest friend talked about life living with Sven's pack. "Ah.. Speaking of, I have yet to meet this illusive mate of hi--oh. Looks like we have company.." The witch trailed as she watched the stranger approach. Well, this would be interesting.

"Hello Svalla, my name is Macha. Pleasure meeting you." The Archer smiled, bowing her head a bit in respect before catching the unpleasant perfume of a band of coyote's, probably around the same time their new friend did. "Mhh... Yeah, It seems like there might be a lot of them.."