Google, Bing, Adora

[BWP] The Girl Before — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

you fill my head with pieces

of a song i can't get out

The Raven was glad to get confirmation that her daughter was behaving herself for Lachesis. Even though she and the pale healer had their disagreements about things she didn't want Oksana misbehaving. She’d tried before they had parted to teach her what she needed to be successful. She hoped that her daughter was finding her way in life without her parents and the guilt she felt for having to leave her was something she had to live with everyday. There wasn't anything she could do to change the past but she could now with Lachesis’ permission she could visit more often.

The coyotes were at the forefront if her mind. It was something she had to worry about. In just a few short weeks she would be bringing new life into the world. She had to think about how she was going to protect them but her plans had long ago fallen apart which was why she was on her way to a place she knew. She offered her daughter a smile for her concern. "You don't have to worry about me Sana," she said brushing her muzzle against her daughter's. "I’ll take care of myself." She didn't want the little Crow to worry about her when she needed to worry about herself. With it being rather clear she'd suffered an injury that needed care.

Inna nodded in agreement with Lachesis words, “Listen to Lach,” she told her daughter, “He’s right about the coyotes. As long as you stay in the borders you’ll be okay. Especially with your leg please don't put yourself in a bad situation okay.” She turned her attention to Lachesis as he asked about her plans. “Yes, I was going to visit my parents since I'm in the area but I thought my old den would be the best place and I know Hearthwood has the things I need, at least that's what I'm hoping.” She needed to find a place soon so she would have time to prepare.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Hearing the coyotes even though they seemed a good distance away it still seemed very close to her. She was worried about her mother and how she would fair on her own and she worried about Driftwood and if something bad would happen to them. She'd never met a coyote but she did know that they could cause a lot of problems. She wished there was something she could do for her mum but she also knew better than to ask about her staying. After everything that had happened Oksana didn't know what could be done.

Her mother was quick to reassure her that she would be able to take care of herself. To Oksana that meant that she really was alone or else she would have said that there was someone with her. I’ll still worry, your my mum, she stated a little defiantly. She wouldn't ever stop worrying about Inna even if she didn't visit as often as Oksana would like because she knew deep down that if she could her mother would be there.

Lachesis explained about the coyotes and that he felt they wouldn't cross the borders which Oksana was comforted by that knowledge. I'll listen to Lachesis and I'll stay in the borders, she promised her mother and smiling up at the pale healer. Would it be a good idea to increase patrols just to be safe? She asked the alpha. She felt with Lilya getting ready to have pups they couldn't be too careful. The crow was happy to hear her mother would be returning to Hearthwood. She would be closer and maybe Oksana could go and visit her a few times before she moved on. What sorts of things do you need? She asked curiously her brow furrowed.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

His ears twitched as the raven assured her daughter that she would take care of herself. He hoped, for Oksana’s sake, that the mother would, but considering that she was pregnant a second year in a row without a father in sight… Lachesis didn’t know what to think. He listened, almost uncomfortably, to the exchange between the mother and daughter. Part of him felt as though he was intruding, but these were his borders. He was supposed to answer when a wolf called at them, regardless of who they were and who else they were calling for.

Inna mentioned heading further north, to visit her parents’ graves and stop by Hearthwood. It sounded like the raven intended to give birth there, which made sense. Unless coyotes had taken over the forest, the old river dens would still be available; there might even be some herbs that were left behind. She’d be mostly safe there. He nodded quietly in response to Oksana’s comment about increasing patrols; he’d already been implementing more patrols since the arrival of the coyotes (and the impending birth of his children). However, he did not think it was wise that the crow participate in the increased patrols. It was the bear situation all over again; she was an easy target for the hungry coyotes.

Hearthwood is a good place for you to be, he mused, his expression still tight as the words tumbled from his tongue. I cannot allow you refuge within Driftwood, but if you run into trouble you can call at the borders. With this he offered her a small smile despite his furrowed brows. It would be completely hypocritical for the ghost to allow Inna to rejoin—even if it was temporary. Not after he’d kicked Aytigin out.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Even though Inna knew there would come a time where she would be especially vulnerable to any coyotes that may come sniffing around she tried to remain positive for Oksana. Her daughter's words pulled at her heart, “I know my love just as I worry about you even though I know Lachesis is taking good care of you.” As the crows mother she would always worry about her daughter. Just because they couldn't be in each other's lives didn't end that. The injury to Oksana's leg and that it seemed to be healing well and that her daughter was healthy and seemed happy was all the evidence she needed to know that the pale alpha was caring for her daughter.

“It's more important than ever that you do Oksana he has a lot more experience than both of us and he will keep you safe.” Inna had never doubted that about him even if they did have their differences. She wanted to put it all behind her and start a new life, she couldn't hold on to the past any longer as it held her back. She too looked to Lachesis as Oksana asked him about the patrols. He confirmed that there would he extra ones in place to keep the coyotes at bay. This brought Inna to another conclusion, “I expect that Lilya will be bringing pups into the world this spring. Please will you give her my best and congratulations to you both?” It only made sense that they would be bringing a new litter into their new pack.

She nodded at his words, “It will always be home and despite all the looking I did it seemed the most logical place. I was born there and Oksana and I want my next litter to he born there as well.” Whatever her feelings were about moving the pack from the lands her parents had claimed didn't matter. She understood his reasons and perhaps had she been in his paws she would have done the same. In her mind and perhaps in his Hearthwood would always belong to the Baranski's. “I understand,” she told him as he informed her he couldn't allow her refuge within his pack. “I was not expecting anything more than a visit with my daughter but thank you for your offer. I do appreciate it and I'm glad we had this chance to talk.” Even though it had been a little strained and she'd been a little nervous about showing up to the borders pregnant.

She turned back to Oksana remembering that she'd asked a question. “As for the things I need a few herbs and plants to help through the birth and a place to have my pups and cache some food.” That brought her to something else that she wanted to consult Lachesis about. “I know where to get the Lavender and Sweet grass,” she said looking up to meet the Alpha’s eyes, “But would you be able to tell me if Yarrow and Garlic grow in Hearthwood or somewhere close by?”

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

There were times in the past that Oksana had wondered if her mother thought about her since she'd seemed so determined to remove herself from the crows life. Now her mother was telling her that she worried about her everyday and for a moment Oksana felt guilty for doubting Inna. She looked to Lachesis as her mother spoke about him. He helped make my leg better, she told in her way of saying that she knew her mother was right. Oksana would tell her mother the whole story later when they had the chance to catch up.

The crow nodded in agreement and understanding of her words about listening to Lachesis. After she and the alpha had talked she understood that better and would remember what they'd talked about for the future. So with the Coyotes increased numbers she would do as Lachesis and her mother requested. Inna had left her in Driftwood to keep her safe and her incident on the mountain and then with the bear had taught her that the separation would be for not if something did happen to her.

She remained quiet as the adults spoke about Hearthwood but she wondered, Would it be alright if I visited sometime? She asked looking between the two. While she knew that they may say no it didn't stop her from hoping. Having Inna so close was something Oksana thought wouldn't ever happen again and she wanted to be able to see her as often as she could while she remained in their old home. Her mother also explained about the things that she would need. All plants that Oksana didn't really know about but as she looked at Lachesis she wondered if maybe he might tell her about them later.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Thank you, he hummed at her genuine congratulations, his nose dipping softly to show his gratitude. Unfortunately, the pale leader could not offer his own congratulatory message to the raven, for it appeared that the female was going to raise another litter without a present father.  It was her life, however, and as a lone wolf she could do as she pleased. He’d be lying if he said he wasn’t worried about her, but she was no longer his problem. Not after everything that had happened. I wish you the best, Inna, I really do. Especially with the current vermin problem. And I do hope you are able to evade the coyotes. If they become an issue you know you are welcome at the Driftwood borders. He would protect her, if necessary, but that did not mean the Surge would become her permanent residence. He was not a cruel wolf; he would not watch her suffer.

His ears twitched as she spoke of herbs. He nodded, softly, as she explained that she was looking for yarrow and garlic. There might still be some in my old medical den, he responded after a short pause, his lights tightening in thought. The yarrow you can find near the Rill, and the garlic you can find in the forest between Heartwood and the grove. He nodded, almost to himself, before speaking once more: But check my den first. He had not transferred everything after the move due to the fact that the river wolves had acquired another healer who was capable of collecting his own herbs. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Her tail gave a few wags at his thanks and she smiled glad that he saw what she'd said for what it was. At the end of the day she did still care as much as she tried not to because it did still hurt so much. She supposed though that would never change. “You’re very welcome Lachesis.” She then smiled down at her daughter and gave her a lick on her crown. “I’m sure he did. I never doubted that he would make sure you were alright.” She didn't know the circumstances of her daughter's injury but her daughter didn't seem upset with the alpha so Inna didn't see any reason why she should be either. Her fiery gaze went back to him as he spoke. “Thank you Lachesis that means a lot. I will remember your offer and am immensely grateful for it but I don't want to cause any trouble in the pack, your pack I mean. I understand why you moved and I want you to know I’m not upset about it. I do hope that you are successful here and that you've found what you were looking for despite our differences.” It had taken her some time but the anger she once held toward Lachesis had dissipated. “I'm not sure I've had the chance to tell you that.” She didn't know if it mattered anymore since months had passed but she also didn't know what the future held for her and needed to get it out just in case.

She'd asked him about the plants she needed because if anyone knew what could be found in Hearthwood it would be Lachesis. “Thank you I will check your den first, it would be a shame for anything still left to go to waste. I am hoping to have plenty of time to prepare everything before I will be den bound.” Once again her gaze turned in her daughter. “As long as you get permission from Lachesis and don't travel alone I would love to have visits from you.” She wouldn't have Oksana going against the pale Alpha just so that she could visit though. She also didn't want her daughter putting herself in danger for them either.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

There had been a time that Oksana had worried about what a meeting with Lachesis and her mother would he like. They had been at such odds and then what happened with Aytigin. She was happy that the two of them were getting along and even more so when Lachesis offered her mother protection from the coyotes. She was however disappointed that he mother had chosen to go on to Hearthwood instead of staying by the driftwood borders. She didn't really understand why Inna would take the chance on something bad happening. In the end she knew she couldn't control her mother. She remained quiet as the two of them spoke though feeling this was a very important conversation for them.

Her mother did say though that she could visit but she had to get permission and traveling buddies. I promise, she did say so that her mother would know she had been heard. She was eager to visit with her mum since they hadn't seen each other in what felt like forever. She wanted to hear what her mother had been up to and tell her what she'd been up to. She was also very curious about her mother's pregnancy, she'd never had a sibling before even if they were only half siblings.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

For a fleeting moment he almost considered offering her a home in Driftwood. To keep her, and her unborn children, safe from the coyotes. She had been an asset to the pack when she had been in her prime, but the death of her mother had weighed heavy on her shoulders. It had changed her; turned her into a wolf that Lachesis no longer recognized. Perhaps, in the future, he would allow her to re-join, but the pale leader knew there was still some healing left for her to do. He did not doubt that she was capable of taking care of herself, but he still worried for her. Even if things had not ended on the best terms. At least they were still civil.

I appreciate that, he hummed in response, his expression softening as he studied the bright-eyed raven. He could already see a difference in her—maybe being on her own was the best thing for her right now. And I hope you do the same. He meant it.

You are welcome to visit your mother, Sana, he added, his chartreuse gaze turning to the younger Baranski. But please notify me before you do so. He always worried when Driftwood wolves suddenly disappeared without a word. He also wouldn’t be opposed to the girl taking someone with her if her leg was still bothering her—just as added defence. The injured girl could only move so much, and do so much, with her crippled leg. If there is anything you need don’t hesitate to let me, or Oksana, know. He was no longer responsible for the raven but he would still help her if she needed aid. Because he was good guy Lachesis and despite his recent mean streak, he was still soft and kind on the inside.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It would have been very easy to be angry with Lachesis for giving up everything her parents had worked for. The things they'd sacrificed to have their home in Hearthwood had made that work do much more important. She'd fought it at first when it had first been suggested by the pale alpha but she soon understood. Her parents were gone, it had taken some time to finally accept it, and now it was time for Lachesis to make the pack his own. Like she'd started to do he and the rest of the pack needed to move on, they couldn't remain stuck in the past.

Inna gave a dip of her head when he said that he appreciated what she'd said. She felt he deserved to know that even though she didn't think in the least that he needed her blessing. Being on her own had given her the chance to move past some things. Other things she couldn't and wouldn't change her opinion on. “You and everyone else deserves to be happy,” she said looking to her daughter. She wanted more than anything for Oksana to be happy. “Thank you Lach, I am working on it.”

Inna was sure that it didn't seem like it having showed up pregnant again but she felt like she'd come to terms with a lot of things. She didn't feel the bitterness or suffocating sadness she once had. She remained quite at Lachesis instructed her daughter, Oksana was a driftwood wolf now able to make her own decisions. She would always be Inna's daughter but the Raven had let her go to live her life. Lachesis was her alpha and that was what should be important to the crow now. Her fiery gaze returned to her former alpha as he spoke to her. “I will be sure to ask should I need anything, thank you Lachesis that's very generous of you.”