(See All?) Announcements
487 Users Online
Google, Bing

[bwp] clearing the area. — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

That Askan wanted to fight the coyotes would come as no great surprise to the alpha – but shit, they were fucking alphas now, and everything couldn’t be rough and tumble. The acerbic look was not lost on the older male, but shit. As far as Reyes knew, this was it as far as the coyotes’ courage went; if that were true, he didn’t want to waste his energy. They had so many coming yearlings right now, and that meant a lot of training on their paws. Even with the pair of them splitting up the weight, there were four of them…no, wait. Five of them, now. Risaela was the same age as Hawthorne and Sachiel. And of course, Idris and Pete were coming adults. And—

Too much thinking, not enough howling.

Reyes threw his head further back, his voice low and strained as he tried to raise the volume. His tone had always been harsh, and it didn’t lend itself well to this sort of battle song. Thankfully, Askan joined in despite his misgivings, followed not only by the young Archer, but Sachiel as well.

He might have smirked, if he weren’t still howling.

The four of them produced quite a racket, drowning out the coyotes – the voices seemed to waver and wobble for a moment, and then taper off altogether as the wolves’ cousins seemed to catch the hint. Good.

After a few moments, Reyes let his own calls fall quiet. “Good,” he muttered, his voice hoarse from that much use. “We’ll patrol again later. Make sure these assholes take the fuckin’ hint.”

He cast his gaze back at the youngsters. “And you two – no wanderin’ off alone until they’re well and outta here, comprende?”

[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Together they sounded formidable, their howl easily smothered the coyote's, both in volume and presence. If the mutts hadn't realised it before, then at least now they knew that these woods were not ripe for the taking. As to whether they would remember that fact was yet to be seen, but a small victory was better than nothing, Askan had to remember that. It was just...hard, he supposed. Especially when he'd sworn to himself that things at Shallow's Edge would be different, that he wouldn't sit idly and hope that things would improve on their own....  

Askan cleared his throat, only to feel a rush of frustration when that feeling made it's unwelcome entrance. His ears snapped back against his skull as he squinted, his lips downturned.

Though no marks remained his throat had never been the same after what Savion had done to him. It didn't hurt nor was he in any real discomfort on a day to day basis. It was just...from time to time it felt rough, gritty, like he'd gargled stones. Sounded like it too, all scratchy and hoarse, like he was doing a bad Reyes impression.

It'd pass, it always did, so he had no interest in making a big deal, or eating any of Pietro's weird plants. Not that he wanted any of that anyway- weakness wasn't something to be acknowledged, not if Askan could help it. If anything it was understandably really, considering how much of a ruckus he'd been making. Howling was no biggie, but this? It wasn't even in the same league. It  had been a sonorous battle cry, an announcement for all of the east to hear.

"Are we done?" He asked, rough and impatient, as his tail flicked from side to side.

Askan & Reyes
(This post was last modified: May 08, 2018, 12:09 AM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
Played by Van who has 54 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Pietro Archer
They sounded good. Tough. Like they could take on fifty coyotes instead of just the handful in front of them. Well... Pete himself probably wouldn’t do much of the fighting or anything, but that was besides the point. His job was to heal - it was the most important thing he could do for the pack. It was basically all he was good at, and he was damn good at his job.

Part of said job was to notice when his packmates were hurting, or even uncomfortable. Another part was to not embarrass his packmates when they needed something, and so when he heard Askan’s voice get all hoarse and husky, he paused in concern.

The shaded wolf padded slowly up to Askan’s side, not touching, but close enough that only the alpha could hear him speak. ”I would greatly appreciate it if you met me in my den after this,” he murmured, silver eyes firm and lacking concern. He knew the proud wolf didn’t want his pity. ”I have honey for your throat.” And, because he knew the edgelord would argue, he lowered his voice further. ”Even the absolute toughest wolves get hurt or sick. Or even a scratchy throat. It’s what I’m here for, so please let me do my job.” A flick of his white-tipped tail and a smile accompanied his next statement. ”I won’t let anyone know that you visited the medicine den. You have my word - I just want to help you.”
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

The older wolves around him looked so serious, which made the boy worry. He supposed their worry was warranted, as it was quite alarming that there were a number of coyotes grouped together. They were typically solitary creatures, or occasionally partnered up, but never more than two. At least, that’s what Sachiel had gathered from his peers. While he had mostly reached his adult size, the almost-yearling was still inexperienced and a bit naïve (although he’d never admit it aloud)—which meant he was no match for a group of coyotes on his own. Mostly he worried of his greyscale sidekick, even though Sachiel knew she was fully capable of taking care of herself. The thought of her running into a coyote or five while on her own made his gut clench.

He only fell quiet when Reyes lowered his muzzle. Almost immediately his mismatched gaze turned to the dark leader, his creamy brows pinched tight with obvious concern. The scarred male, however, appeared nonchalant about the creatures. Sort of. Sachiel nodded quickly in response. He wouldn’t mind accompanying them on the patrol; to gauge how they were feeling about the sudden arrival of coyotes on their doorstep. Got it, he murmured in response as his gaze swept over to Askan, who seemed visibly irritated. They were just dumb coyotes, why did the grumpy leader seem extra grumpy? He watched as the dark healer murmured something into the older male’s ears but dared not eavesdrop. It was none of his business, even if he was curious. Can I patrol with you later? He asked, his nose turning to the scarred leader as he flashed him a hopeful look.

ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Hmph. Askan was….sour. More sour than usual. And to think, the guy had been right, gotten his way, won the argument… Ugh. Relationships were so frustrating, sometimes.

But now was not the time or the place to be frustrated, or to hash it out. So he nodded his assent to his mate, signaling they were indeed done for the time being – if they were going to argue, they’d do it in private – and turned his head as Pete tried whispering something in Askan’s ear. Weird. The alpha narrowed his moonlit eyes but said nothing, turning to Sachiel instead. “Yeah, no problem, chico. We can start tomorrow.”

One more so @Sachiel can claim points -- and Sach can fade with his post!
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Sorry for the hold up, I'm a goose

If Pete was trying to be subtle he wasn't doing a great job of it. Askan couldn't subdue his rumble of annoyance as he shot the Archer a sour look. Yes yes, he knew Pietro was worried because he cared and all that shit, but fuck. It really wasn't a big deal and this was the last thing Askan wanted. Greatly appreciate. Well, at the very least Pietro understood that he wasn't in a position to make any demands, let alone tell the Edge Lord what to do.

"I'm going to get a drink." He rumbled, his curt way of excusing himself- and turning down Pete's offer. "It'll pass, so don't fuss."

If it got worse...then maybe he'd bite the bullet and go and pay the medical den a visit, but as things stood he just wanted some space. Room to sulk and scowl till he felt a little better. Being crowded, coddled was doing nothing for his mood. That much was obvious. With a grunt and a flick of his tail he stomped off into the woods, heading back towards the Shallows were there was plenty of water to soothe his scratchy throat. The other's could follow suit or not, he didn't particularly care as long as they returned sooner or later, unscathed.

Askan exit.

Askan & Reyes
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn
We can start tomorrow. The youth nodded once more, his tail swaying gently behind him. Most of his time was spent with either his pumpkin-eyed friend or the grumpy Selwyn; he did not get much time alone with his other Edge Lord. His mismatched gaze quickly fell to the yellow-eyed leader as he dismissed himself from the group. Despite the perplexed expression he wore Sachiel kept his lips drawn tight as the dark male disappeared through the trees. Without waiting to see if the medic or Reyes followed, the agouti Selwyn quietly dismissed himself and sauntered off in the opposite direction. He made sure to steer clear of the borders, as he did not know how bold (or stupid) these coyotes were. The last thing he needed was to encounter one of them without back-up… he didn’t feel like losing an ear or tail to the scrawny creatures…
Fade — thread complete.
ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others