(See All?) Announcements
518 Users Online
Google, Bing, Lillia

I need some friends. — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

She watched him. His lowered stance, the way his nose would be touching the ground if he just bowed a little bit more. None of it made her feel anything, except a calming numbness that helped her get through her days. For her children and the pack that was counting on her to get through this. Counting on her for comfort and support through this awful time. And so her lips pursed, eyes narrowing as he lifted himself from his back aching pose (at least it would be for her at eight years of age) and told them his history. Jessie had never been fond of wolves that let it all out on the table upon first meet. It was probably what had drawn her so much to Askan and Reyes even though they annoyed the hell out of her once upon a time. She didn't ask questions and neither did they. Something about his story did cause an alarm to sound in her mind though. While creativity was an important trait to have, following orders were also valued.

If that had not set her off, when he continued, it only made her more wary - and only encouraged to sour her mood further. The Rye Queen's jaw tightened, emerald eyes hardening as they stared at the loner. Just as her jaws were opening to retort, her second beat her to it. Jessie nodded her head in affirmation, adding her own tid-bit, "Lachesis is a friend of mine and an intelligent man. I'm sure any reason he had for not accepting you back was not stupid." The woman's lip curled slightly, eyes narrowing into even further slits. Her voice was hard when she spoke again, "If we accept you, how will we know you won't cause trouble with our allies? As you said, you are angry with him and one of my least favorite things is ruining my relationships with other packs." The monochrome woman's tail lashed behind her.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
guardian demonstration 3/3

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

He cared little for backstories, if his wife and co-lead wanted to hear it then so be it. Laike was not concerned with dwelling in the past. His thoughts were locked solely on the future. But what did strike him was the way he spoke of Lachesis. The large male would have said something had both females not already chimed in. Laike allowed his body language to do the talking, stance raising, hackles raising and lip curling. Displeasure was obvious in his gaze.

With the Rye trio in obvious agreeance, Laike was left with little to say which suited him just fine at the end of the day.

art by kydnt
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
What do you guys think of my writing style so far? Just asking. And this is going to be tough for Alvar to pull off. Thoughts. Speech.
P.S. Do you think that maybe you guys could have the decision made as to Alvar's joining made in your next posts? I just don't want to have to work at finding out a decent timeline for too long... No offense.

Alvar winced as he listened to the females as they shouted at him for referring to Lachesis as stupid. He thought for a second and realized that he should have kept that to himself, it was only going to cause problems from here on out. He swallowed a bit and cleared his throat before speaking."I apologize for referring to Lachesis in such an unfit manner. I suppose that I am simply angry with myself for not foreseeing this possibility. I truly am sorry for speaking like this."

He listened further to the Pack Leader's words as she questioned him. He looked up and hesitated for a second, then turned his head and bit down on his own left paw, wincing as he felt his teeth pierce his skin. He drew his head back and looked at the wound. "That's going to leave a mark." He thought to himself. He turned to the trio and spoke, raising his paw as he did. "I swear on the blood that drips from my paw, that if I wanted to cause trouble, I would have done it when I was near him, rather than coming here first." He cleared his throat and spoke clearly and with purpose.

"I ask only that you take what I have said and judge me fairly on whether you think I will be an asset to the pack or not. Turn me away or accept me... That is all I want, it's all I have ever needed, just a place to feel like I don't have to fear those around me." He smiled sadly and sat down, head low while he waited for them to make their choice.
(This post was last modified: Apr 19, 2018, 03:49 AM by Alvar.)
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
It's good, everyone has their own different style.
adelayde artemieva
lyrics can go here if u want

After both standing females of the Rye said their obvious displeasure and with Laike showing his on how Alvar spoke about Lachesis, the lone male apologized profusely, though Ade couldn't help but feel his words were disingenuous. However, luckily for the male, she was the lowest on the totem pole compared to her husband and alpha female. They were the ones that had to say as to who is accepted into the Rye ranks and even though they were desperate for members, the Rye Fields needed to trust their members as well. Especially with cubs being born soon.

A tawny ear turned in Jessie's direction as she gave him another question, her normally soft ocean eyes were sharply glued to the agouti male. What unfolded next was the most bizarre thing done in order to gain entry into a pack that Adelayde had ever seen before. Mismatched ocean eyes widened as Alvar bite down on his own paw, drawing blood as he claimed he would caused trouble there and not when he came here. Trying to blink away the confusion, her mismatched gaze glanced towards her husband, unsure of what to think of this.

The male's last words were important enough to make her listen, Alvar asking them to judge him fairly on whether or not he can be a suitable asset to the pack. Ade supposed he had the determination to try to make them believe his words– though he went about it in the most peculiar way. However, she wasn't sure about him. It would take time to trust him and she couldn't be certain she'd allowed him near her children– if he didn't desert them, like so many others have, before than. But again this wasn't her decision to make.

Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Had it been any other day, Alvar might have already been running for the hills. Curtesy of a few harsh words from Jessie and her usual attitude. The mother's tail lashed angrily behind her now as she listened to the excuse this loner at to offer them. While he could have certainly meant that as meaningful, it did not detract from the fact that he had insulted someone that she had known much longer than she had known him. The Rye Queen snorted, black lips pulling down into a frown as she watched the loner's next actions. Jessie did not know how to react and simply watched. She shifted uncomfortably, watching for the corner of her eyes to gauge Laike or Adelayde's reaction to this.

It was comforting to see that at least Adelayde seemed to be as confused as she was. When he spoke, she did her best to listen, even though at this point the only thing Jessie wanted to do was chase the loner from their borders. They were down a healer now and the presence of an injured member would do nothing to benefit them. Something held her back though. Perhaps it was thre nagging voice in her head that told her that Drestig created this pack for second chances. She would be demolishing that truth if she turned this man away without a second thought. Her mate had always been the better half of the two of them. Turning her head towards Laike, she lifted an eyebrow towards him, wanting his thoughts. After all, they were partners now and it seemed that he would not be as vocal as her former one.

Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
I think one more post from everyone ought to do it? @Alvar @Adelayde @Jessie

Laike Artemieva

His lips pulled back as he took a protective step forward, to position himself between the women of the Rye and the loner on the borders. Laike could not grasp the idea of why the male hurting himself seemed like a good idea. It was this time that roles seemed reversed for the trio. None of the women spoke and he was full of words for the loner.

You do not come to my home and draw blood to prove yourself. He growled as his tail arched over his back. Who says we can afford to take care of your injuries or that we would even want an injured wolf? His orange eyes narrowed sharply. If you stay here, you will not be so brazenly foolish. You will learn how things work in these lands. You will prove yourself without needless injuries or words. The male's lip lowered as he raised his head high. Understand?

If the terms weren't clear or agreed to, Laike would take it upon himself to rid this loner from their borders.

[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Sounds good to me! This had better work for Alvar's sake! :| (chews nails) Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar waited patiently for a response from the two women that stood before him, as they seemed to be the more vocal of the group. But after a few short moments, the one named Laike spoke instead, catching Alvar off guard. Laike's words were harsh and seemed to point out every flaw with Alvar. Laike's final words were... "You will prove yourself without needless injuries or words. Understand?" Alvar understood perfectly but said nothing, instead turning to his side where he saw some Arnica growing in it's early stages, it was not much but it would do, he bent down and bit a single stalk out of the cluster, careful not to disturb the rest. Sitting up he chewed the Arnica and applied it to his wound in an attempt to show that he was good with medicine. Setting down his paw he had to hold back a wince as pain shot through his paw, he spoke to the trio, who were obviously not impressed with his earlier actions.

"You say that you may not be able to take care of my injuries, but as you can see, I can. And if you are short a healer then I would be glad to fill that role if you would only have me." He turned to the man named Laike and spoke... "I swear to you all that I will listen to your orders and preform my duties, I understand the terms you have set forth, Laike, (if I may call you that) and wish only to prove that I can be an asset to the pack." There was nothing more to say, so with his good paw he pushed forward the rabbits and lemming he had caught so that they were now one in front of each wolf. He sighed and spoke... "I ask only for fair judgement." and sat down in front of them, head low.
(This post was last modified: May 05, 2018, 06:47 PM by Alvar.)
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
adelayde artemieva
hard gaze and sharp tongue

The tawny woman expected Jessie to determine the loner's fact, but her uncomfortable glance in her direction it seemed she wanted to see what her and Laike thought. The usually stoic and quiet Artemieva leader had plenty of words to say to Alvar, his tone sharp and harsh. Her ocean eyes looked sharply at the loner as Laike's words demanded attention. They almost had no choice with the Rye being exacerbate these days. The Rye leader would accept the loner into their ranks, but with conditions that he would be foolish to ignore. Adelayde was sure Laike would be watching this man's every move, especially being his first member he accepted into the ranks. Her husband was never one to make a mistake and he would be watching to be sure this acceptance wasn't a mistake.

Alvar's words fell on deaf ears for Adelayde, she had enough of speeches and promises. She wanted to see him show her how to trust him and believe in him. With a glance towards her husband and female alpha, she turned to the new Rye male. Follow me Alvar. I'll show you around. Ade was sure Laike wouldn't be far behind them, keeping a close eye on them. She trusted he would watch as she wasn't sure she could trust Alvar just yet. Turning back towards the borders, she expected the male to swiftly follow her, her movements did not slow in account for his injured paw. He would have to deal with the fast pace if he wanted a tour. 

Ade's EXIT
(This post was last modified: Apr 29, 2018, 03:20 PM by Adelayde.)
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Laike had no problem taking this one. His sharp words and biting tone resonated well within Jessie's mind. The woman's tail curl behind her back, pleased that the two agreed with the sitation despite not taken a sidebar. The last thing the Rye Queen wanted was trouble in her home but just as much she did not want to see an end come to Wild Rye Fields. Jaw clenched as the loner responded and the Tainn resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Such empty words for someone who just spent his first impression insulting their allies. Lachesis, who was trying to help the fellow. They would accept him, however, and in the end, he would hopefully prove himself. Adelayde would take him on a tour. Jessie's jaws parted, voice forceful, "Wait. One more thing." Emerald eyes stared at the loner, her voice calm but serious, "You will occupy the lowest position of the pack until you prove yourself. Unless Laike and I state otherwise, you stay there." With a nod she allowed them to carry on and she turned and went back into the fields in order to think.

{END}
(This post was last modified: May 14, 2018, 01:21 AM by Jessie.)