(See All?) Announcements
459 Users Online
Google, Apollo, Bing

[bwp] killing every second — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

In a dirty, melting snow drift was a black wolf with a single patch of white on his chest, and faint silver ticking lining his lips. From a distance it was hard to tell if he was dead or if he just was sleeping. Clinging to the coolness of the snowbank in the light of the afternoon sun. Or if he'd just given up there, and it was his final resting place. A closer look it still wasn't easy to discern. His dark coat was dull, and ribs were evident. A hollowness to his flanks that had never been. It was at a wolf length someone might catch the slow rising and falling of his chest wondering how long it might last.

(This post was last modified: May 10, 2018, 04:42 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Loping onward through the melting snow and slippery slush, the leader made his way in a southern direction along the mountain trail towards his home. He'd left the tarn two days ago in search of sweetgrass which he needed to treat @Daesamar of his cold-like symptoms and now after a much needed, and totally unexpected, catch-up with his brother @Laike, Lorcan was anxious to return to the pack. 

Clutching the small bouquet of plants sprigs delicately between his jaws, the agouti male focused his golden gaze on the path in front of him. With all the melting snow and ice that was settled there, the trail was more hazardous. Lorcan therefore took care to visually inspect his route as he advanced, his gaze flitting cautiously between the thick snow, icy slush and jagged rocks...and moments later something else

The male's pace slowed as his eyes narrowed on the large black shape, his gaze quickly tracing along its smooth wolf-like contours. Russet ears pricked up in alarm and his eyes widened as he suddenly picked up his pace, moving to reach the lifeless looking stranger as quickly as possible. Pale paws skidded to a halt as he reached him, his heart already aching at the sorry sight of the male. He was terribly thin and his coat lacked the healthy shine that his own possessed, he couldn't even be sure that he was indeed still alive, until he reached forwards to nudge his side. 

Lorcan felt his heart flutter with relief as he noticed the male's side rise and fall as he took a shallow breath. Still with the plants clutched between his jaws, the healer proceeded to nudge and prod at the dark wolf some more, pleading whines filling the air as he begged the male to give him some kind of response to let him know that he was conscious and aware. 

Let me know if you want anything changed @Triell
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

He didn't remember passing out. Though in his condition it wasn't like he remembered a whole lot of being awake. A wolf needed more than snow and old picked bones. He had felt lucky he even had that. He'd been stuck for so long. It was the one thing he could not shake from his conscious.

What was that? In the darkness something pushed at him. Strange. For all the times he'd been "out" he'd never felt anything like it. All he could think was he wished it would all just stop.

It did not. It was soon accompanied by a sound.  One he had heard some time in his life. His own kind.  Was it a plea?

Slowly eyes pried open, instantly blinded by the brightness. Fear sped his heart, unsure what was going on. He was afraid now to face it. He'd never imagine what death would be. Did they actually come knocking? Ready to take you to the next life? Eventually the outline of a wolf formed before him. He kept blinking, willing the image to sharpen. It did to a point, but he really wanted to just close his eyes. Tired from the small effort.

A faint grown leaked from his chest, as he squinted. "Huh," he croaked. Unable to say more. His dry tongue, a useless appendage. Not much different from the rest of him. Slowly his mind started to flicker. He could now remember he'd been trying to go somewhere. Needed to get back. He had yet to know where or why.

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Frantically he nudged and poked his nose into the dark fur of the male's side, desperate for a response. Noticing as the stranger's eyes slowly opening, Lorcan's whines intensified, hoping the the louder sound would encourage the male to wake up and return to reality. Leaning ever closer, golden eyes tried to make contact with dull orange eyes that now blinked slowly up at him, disorientated. Finally, the healer dropped his small collection of plants on the slow between his paws. "Sir, sir, wake up. Can you hear me?" He asked, head bobbing from side to side as he tried to catch the older male's focus. 

Russet ears pricked up as a groan escaped the dark stranger. Black-tipped tail began to sway with relief behind him, though his pale brows furrowed when the male uttered again. He seemed confused. "Sir, it's okay. I-I'm Lorcan, a healer, I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." He wasn't sure what to do. He had no idea how long the older male had been lying in the snow or how serious his injuries were if he had any. "Um, do you think you're strong enough to stand?" He asked, taking a step back to look the male over. "If not, it's okay.. just, don't hurt yourself." His heart raced inside his chest. Already he was trying to think about what plan of action to take.

Ideally he wanted to take the male back to the tarn where he could check him over properly and the male could rest. However, if the stranger was too weak to stand, well, he'd have to find a way of getting him food and warming him up before he could try and persuade him to move again.

The coyotes have joined the thread :O
(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 05:55 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Several coyote abandoned a half-eaten deer. But before you can take a bite they reappear.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Of course they have XD feel free to direct them. I don't mind if another wolf of CT joins.

He focused on the rising and falling of his chest. Could he get up? He wanted to. He needed to. “I’ll try, “croaked dryly from his throat. He was sure he’d been through worse. If anyone could help him it was probably this guy. Why the Tainn's condition was mostly starvation and dehydration with a familiar ache in his shoulder he came to believe was an old wound, there was a touch of a cold. His memories were quite foggy.

Inhaling through his mouth he raised his neck, and slowly began stretching his limbs. The world was coming into focus. He could feel each one of his toes and his sore bones. He shoved against his front paws, slowly pushing himself up while digging against the slushy snow with a wince. A brief spell of darkness came across his vision but as he forced himself to hold still  his eyes eventually focused on the tawny wolf. Noticing his collection of scars, though he saw nothing distinctively. Blinking steadily he held himself up, trying to let the fog of his mind dissipate. After a couple of long moments he raised his hind end. Suddenly he realized how wet and cold the side he’d been laying on was. But he did not fall. He swayed, and his body shuddered. It was more mentally than physically.

Standing in the sunshine felt nice. He felt like it meant something, but he did not know what. Maybe if he just stood a bit he could try to move.

His brows furrowed together. His mind was finally catching up with his nose and he caught the scent of meat tainted with coyotes. Was that what he’d been doing? Getting to the deer carcass? He assumed he must have. But he could also pick up hints from the healers. His home and pack mates. None of it jogged his memory.