(See All?) Announcements
633 Users Online
Google, Bing

i'm a child, i'm afraid [bwp] — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

The silver man was honestly a little surprised when Kyna offered to let them stay in their borders, but he was very thankful nonetheless. Surely the coyotes wouldn’t be so brave as to venture inside. Even if there weren’t a lot of wolves, he was sure there were still enough to give the mutts a good butt kicking. She also mentioned they had supplies, and that Greer had an idea of how to use them. Wait...Greer? Like, tall, dark, and brooding Greer that he’d met at the Monadnock Greer? Was he the guy that had snatched up the red-head? “Wait, Greer that was up with Morganna at the Monadnock? Is he your mate?” he asked, head tilting in surprise. God, was he behind on the news.

He looked over as Sahalie spoke, tail thumping on the ground in agreement. He paused for a moment when she revealed she was pregnant, if Kyna hadn’t noticed already. Kino felt his cheeks start to burn as he ducked his head. If he’d have been human he’d have been rubbing the back of his neck. It was odd to him. This was the first time they’d announced it to someone, the first time they’d revealed it to the world. But boy if it didn’t feel good.

Cause I've got issues, but you got 'em too

Alastor Leigh

So give 'em all to me and I'll give mine to you

(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 02:53 AM by Kino.)
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

“Of course you can stay for a few days.”

Kyna might have offered for her to stay forever but – well, Hal always seemed to be a very free spirit, even if she hadn’t mentioned that the pair of them were ‘on a mission’. She was horribly curious, of course, but that would wait. She began picking her way over rocks gingerly, leading her pair of friends back towards the path (much easier going for the pair of ladies) when Alastor mentioned something about Greer.

Monadnock? Yes, that’s what it was. Kyna hummed. “Yes. He was the wolf I kept going north to visit. I’ve known him…longer than I’ve known Sahalie, come to think.” The thought made her smile. Her oldest, most dear friend (even if her girls came very close behind, Greer had always held a special place in her heart, long before she ever thought of giving that very heart to anyone at all). “He leads the pack with me. He’s my mate.”

He was her everything.

She might have said more, but Alastor had stopped talking, and Hal had uttered a small little detail – Kyna had known, of course, had seen the swelling, had scented the same general change in pheromones and orders that she was giving off – but it still made her tail wiggle in excitement. “I’m very glad for you,” she murmured, eyes dancing like firelight. “Perhaps our litters can be friends! It will take some of the burden off of poor Revon. And it would be good to see each other more often.”

She still had no idea what kind of ‘big sister’ the coming yearling would make – hopefully a better one than she’d made herself, at any rate. (But then, Revon’s siblings would be full siblings, and Kyna herself had never had any of those.)

Oof, sorry for the wait!
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You realize that two coyotes have been following you.
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
idunno if you wanna continue it or fade with your post @Kino ?
She followed Kyna along without comment. Yeah, that Greer—not that Alastor would have really known any of these things, she tried to tell herself as she swallowed the annoyance. It was just the hormones talking, she assured herself, just the lingering anxiety from the coyotes. If anything it was her fault that Alastor wasn't in the loop: Sahalie was the one that had this knowledge and did nothing with it. Maybe she had just felt that he wasn't... interested in these sorts of things? His life felt very small in comparison to hers, the circle of wolves was smaller—and here she was just assuming—and his world mostly felt like it began and ended with her. She blinked, wondering for the first time if perhaps it was a bad thing, what she'd done to her best friend.

Or was she just being self absorbed?

"Wouldn't that be wonderful?" Finding friends had been so difficult as a child. It had been just her and Drift in Oak Tree Bend, and while after a few months Sahalie had no end to friends high and low in Relic Lore there had been a lot of traipsing north and south and getting lost. The work was fun, but Sahalie was already starting to wonder if she would like the idea of her kids doing the same sort of irresponsible and dangerous things she had done. It would be much better for her to just _bring_ them to play dates. No one would have to get lost that way. "It makes me feel old, to be afraid of them just going out into the wilderness and meeting random strangers like I did." I mean, that was how Drift got lost for months and came back an entirely different, weirder wolf. "There was just no supervision in Oak Tree Ben— " The breeze had shifted.

"Seriously?" How could they have been following them this far. Sahalie and Alastor had been so sure the trail had been lost. But there they were, a bit farther down the mountain probably. Her gaze moved between fat Kyna and injured Alastor. No one was fit to give the coyotes anything to cry about. "Please tell me your borders aren't far...." For their sake, for anyone's sake...
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

Kyna confirmed that Greer was her mate. Apparently she’d known him even longer than she’d known Sahalie, which in Kino’s mind had almost seemed impossible. To him it almost felt like the pair had known each other their whole lives. Still, the red head seemed pretty happy and he was glad for it. There was too much disappointment in the world, especially for those who the pair came into contact with. Kyna had always been nice in his opinion, she deserve some happiness.

Kyna mentioned that their litters could be friends and he grinned at the thought. He wondered if they, too, would learn ‘graceful slipping’ together like they once had. If they would have the same fun times as them. A name was dropped, Revon, and he assumed that was the woman’s first pup. His attention turned to Hal as she spoke, mentioning that she was afraid of them going out and meeting strangers like they had. His brows rose at this, though he supposed she had a point. But, certainly they wouldn’t have to worry about that. After all, if Kino was so protective of his mate one had little to wonder about how protective he would be over his pup.

His auds perked as he scented the coyotes, a scowl forming on his lips. He got to his paws and nudged her forward, “I’m sure we’re close enough to call for help. Let’s get going though, close the distance a little more,” he said, topaz gaze traveling to Kyna asking her to silently lead the way. The man traveled close to Hal’s heels, one aud forward and one aud back as he followed the two pregnant females back to the Aurora Heights borders.

Fade

(This post was last modified: May 01, 2018, 12:19 AM by Kino.)