Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
For @Adelayde <3 || Sunset, Overcast Clouds, 23 ° F, -5 ° C

Laike Artemieva
i'm a flower, you're my bee
it's much older than you and me

Laike had realized in his short trip away that he did not enjoy being away from the north. More specifically the bit of the north that held his love. It was when he crossed back into the borders that he realized perhaps he cared as deeply for the Fields as Adelayde did. There was a wave of relief that overcame him as he walked through the lands that was hard to ignore. He knew that he belonged here.

He was quick to position himself in the direction of the private den he shared with Adelayde. Perhaps she would be there? Or had she taken up staying within the communal den in his absence? He figured that since the sun had not fully set just yet she might still be out. It almost gave him a headache trying to think about where she could be. The large male loved her but he did wish that she was maybe just slightly more predictable.

As he neared their den, a deep bark escaped him with hopes she would answer.

[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
sorry she's so emotional >.<
adelayde artemieva
so tell me what's wrong with the feeling

She hated when he was gone, having grown so used to sleeping alongside him every night since he decided to come live permanently with her in the fields. The comfort and security she felt when he was around was like a protective blanket that she could always rely on. Now the tawny woman was expecting, which put her more on edge and she needed the comfort of her mate. The Artemieva woman knew it was best that her husband scout for a few days to bring back any information on the location of the herds or even a member worthy enough to join the Rye.

They were certainly in need of members with their depleted numbers since even before Drestig's death. Drestig's passing just swung the blade closer. The risk of having to disband was the highest Adelayde has ever seen it since she joined over a year and a half ago. The sunflower had to admit she was afraid, the uncertainty was beginning to overwhelm her. Normally the tawny woman would try to walk it off with border patrols or a trip outside the borders. However, the nausea drove her to her den that she shared with Laike, earlier than usual that night.

Curled tightly around her stomach, she had noticed she was starting to finally show, her brawny form growing larger each day that passed during her pregnancy. Though it was hard to be excited when there was so much uncertainty around her. Wallowing in the silence of the tundra, she was content to let the world go on for a few moments without her while she tried to rein in her emotions. The familiar call of her husband interrupted that silence and prompted steady thumping of her tail upon the den floor. An excited whine escaped her maw as she peered out with her ocean eyes to find his figure.

(This post was last modified: Apr 17, 2018, 06:23 PM by Adelayde.)
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Laike Artemieva

His tail swayed at a low position behind him. He felt no need to assert any dominance. Not in the comforting presence of his wife. They both knew the role he now held and either way he saw her as his equal. Perhaps greater than himself in some aspects.

He leaned his head down to let his muzzle graze over her head and briefly down her neck. I missed you. The stocky leader murmured to Adelayde. Remind me not to leave again. His lips briefly pulled upward in a rare smile. He slowly settled himself onto the earth, half in the den and half out. Laike's back faced towards the entrance so that he could shield her from any cold breezes that may come through the fields.

It felt good to be back.

Did anything happen in my absence? He asked gently as his eyes instinctively roamed over her form to check for any visible signs of illness or injuries. Only once he was positive she was okay would he let his fiery gaze meet her cool ocean gaze.

Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
adelayde artemieva

Her husband wasn't far from the entrance of the den, his pale agouti form bright against the fading rays of the sunset. With the sunset glowing behind him, her gaze couldn't help but linger and appreciate how handsome he looked in this light. When he reached for her, she craned her own neck to reach his touch faster as his soft words warmed her neck. I missed you, she purred before she nodded briefly at his following comment. Your wife and growing children love you and need you. Adelayde reminded him, before sweeping her salmon tongue against his muzzle and nose, adamant on also showing him how much she loved him.

Once he settled upon the ground the with her, her tawny form crawled to get closer to him as if any distance between them was too much. Nuzzling her muzzle into his chest, her nose working to decipher the smells that clung to his coat. Pulling away just a little to give him some space, her own mismatched ocean gaze roaming over his form before they settled upon his fiery gaze as he worked over her form.

It's been quite uneventful aside from the joys of this pregnancy. Laike knew already that pregnancy wasn't all rainbows and butterflies like Ade would like it to be. However, she still glowed as a mother like she was a natural at it. Aside from the nausea and appetite issues, Adelayde loved being pregnant and the thought of her very own children so close to her. It was a blessing. How was your trip?

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Laike Artemieva

If he was a cat he would have purred at her words, warmth in his gaze as he let a protective growl slip forth. I think remembering that will keep me rooted here for years. It was true. As long as he had his wife (and hopefully his children) here in the Rye then he would have no reason to leave.

His head nodded softly. Joys of pregnancy. He faintly remembered how @Inna had been during this time last year. All round and practically terrifying Laike that she might explode. But now he was a soon to be father with his own wife heavy with pregnancy. Perhaps he had the dark Baranski to thank for his comfortableness with the situation at hand.

It was...nice. He admitted with a soft roll of his shoulders. I didn't find any loners but I ran into my brother. He's leading a pack up on the mountain. Laike shared the information in a hushed sort of tone as if anyone might be around to eavesdrop on the lovers. I think I'd like to try and form an alliance if possible. His features grew pensive, already wondering how Jessie would feel about the situation. Surely she'd agree to strengthen their bonds with other packs?

Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
adelayde artemieva

A warmth of security flooded over her with his protective growl and reassuring words. The pregnant Artemieva was patiently waiting for the arrival of the birth of their children. The future was exciting to think of, but that cloud of uncertainty was always looming above. However, Ade knew if she had Laike at her side, the little family could get through anything.

Her ebony lips lifted into a soft smile as he admitted his trip was nice. He hadn't traveled much outside the Rye borders since he joined last fall. It was good for him to get out again and get some fresh air. The pale agouti leader didn't find any loners to join the Rye but did run into his brother. Oh, that is good news! A wide smile naturally formed upon her lips as he continued to mentioned he had plans of forming an alliance with them. Yes, I agree we should. Especially having your family leading, could prove to be a strong alliance.

The Rye's relationship with their other alliances were strong, but having family leading could prove to be even more beneficial. Do you know who's leading beside him?

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

"We've had our ups and downs but...we get along for the most part. I think he might be a fool to turn down an alliance with family." He admitted with a soft frown as he let his thoughts roam. Their little reunion had seemed well enough in his eyes. As far as Laike was aware they were on a rather even ground with their relationship. For now at least.

The question his wife asked summoned a soft hum from him. "Something starting with a P..." His voice trailed off as his gaze looked elsewhere, trying to recall the name. "Piety, I think." If that wasn't the name then it certainly had to be close enough. It wasn't like Laike knew many wolves whose name started with that letter.

Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
adelayde artemieva

I agree. Even without blood family that she knew of left, she couldn't imagine turning down an alliance between family. @Askan has family to her and there wasn't a chance Ade wouldn't back him up if he needed it. Family was everything to the Artemieva and that passion only grew stronger with the children that developed inside her. There wasn't anything she wouldn't do for the family inside this very den. 

Her mismatched gaze settled upon his features as he tried to remember the name of who led beside Lorcan. When he finally thought of it, Ade had to pause for a moment. There wasn't another wolf in the lore that she knew of that had that name, so she had to assume she was the one. I know her. She used to lead Whitestone Monadnock, but they disbanded. I never found out why. There had been plenty of times she wished the Whitestone wolves would disband, but only when they were led by the monster, Craw. Piety and Wraith were honest and good leaders, it was a shame to see the pack disband.

I wonder why her mate Wraith isn't leading besides her? Figuring they must of relocated like Hearthwood had, Ade had no reason to think something tragic happened to the dark man.

(This post was last modified: Jun 01, 2018, 07:31 PM by Adelayde.)
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
one more from each of us?<3

The male listened intently to his wife's words. It was an odd situation indeed especially when she spoke of a Wraith. Laike couldn't stop the furrowing of his brows in thought. He was not one to withhold information or keep secrets from his dear Adelayde so he would inform her of what he had been told.

"Well I take it this Wraith isn't in the picture anymore. I do believe I heard my brother say he's expecting children with the woman." But his brother had never been the most reliable source or even most noble man. Was there perhaps an affair of sorts going on? He couldn't help but chuckle at the thought. "Paws crossed my brother hasn't gone courting another man's wife. I won't help dig him out of that one."

"Enough about them, though." The Artemieva gently declared. He motioned with his head for his wife to follow him back into the depths of the den. He was tired enough as is without getting tangled in his brother's drama. All the man wanted was to spend a few relaxing moments with Adelayde before he drifted off to sleep.

(This post was last modified: Jun 30, 2018, 06:37 PM by Laike.)
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
sorry for the super late response >.<
adelayde artemieva

It was unexpected news to her that the pair who had led Whitestone were no longer together, even though the pair seemed happy enough the few times Ade say them. However, she wasn't close to either of them to know what went wrong to make them seek love elsewhere. The last reason on her mind of why they could have separated was by Wraith unexpectedly dying defending his son. Perhaps one day Adelayde will know, but frankly she would never go around snooping in Piety's business.

She was happy for her brother in law, however, now that he confirmed there would be more Artemieva's within the Lore. Perhaps, once the time allowed them, their small family could take a trip to visit with their new relative. Laike hoped his brother wasn't courting a married woman and if he had, Laike wasn't going to help get him out of it if Wraith confronted the Artemieva. Let's hope that didn't happen. Neither of them needed any more added drama in their lives with their own children making their appearance soon.

"Enough about them, though". Her husband motioned for her to follow him into their den, a smile easily fitted her lips as she bumped his hip as she entered the den behind him. The Artemieva was happy her husband was finally back from his trip and would rather spend their rekindling moments relaxing than discussing. They had the rest of their lives to talk, for now she wanted to feel her mate's loving touch again.

(This post was last modified: Aug 15, 2018, 06:11 PM by Adelayde.)