492 Users Online
Google, Bing

Too little, too late — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
FTC wolves welcome @Namid

This trip was long overdue, but with Tikhi and then the coyotes, everything had been so chaotic. Now there was a moment of calm, and Tagg had something writing on his mind.

He made his way through the territory, where the pack graveyard was slowly growing. He hoped it was satisfied and swallowed no one else for a long time yet. He paused to bow his head where Anthem lay, but that was not his purpose here.

He found the place where @Moonshadow  had told him they'd buried Namid. Guilt wracked him as he looked down atat whe she rested beneath the soil. He'd missed her by a day... Then again by a week. He wished he'd been here. He should have been here. But he couldn't have protected her. He could not protect those he loved from their own bodies, or age, or the choices they made. It frustrated him.

But that was all meaningless now.

After several moments of silence, the russet man finally spoke, his voice soft with grief. "I'm sorry," he began, water prickling in his eye. "I'm sorry that I couldn't be here. I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry that I couldn't protect your children."

He swallowed, tail swishing across the chill ground. "I will do better. I promise to keep the Cove alive. I promise to remember you, and keep your legacy - your generosity and kindness and love for your pack - safe. I promise you." 

Here his voice broke, and the tears were falling freely. He owed this woman so much. "Thank you," he managed to choke out, "for everything. Thank you for opening your home to a lost little boy who missed his family. Thank you for caring for an orphan whose world was falling apart. Thank you for giving him a second chance when all he deserved was anger. Thank you for helping this jumpy, war-torn man become a father. Thank you for making a place for us to be safe and raise a family. Thank you. Thank you."

Again his voice failed him and Tagg regressed into silence.
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Moon is 23 days pregnant at this point. Her appitite has increased and her belly is only a little bit swollen. She will also stay in the shadows unless noticed :)

She felt like she just ate not that long ago yet she was hungry once more. She padded slowly along the rocky ground towards a cache. She was too tired to go hunt something herself. Along the way her coal nose picked up the scent of her love. She followed his scent across their home. It led towards the coves cemetery and she stopped in the tree line. Silver eyes watched woth woth sadness as her love sat and spoke to their fallen queen. She knew what hewas feeling and wanted to go to him but figured it was best to allow him to have his space. It was important to get everything out alone.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Tagg was aware of Moon approaching behind, but let her lurk in the shadows for the time being. He wasn't sure what he would even say to her. The scent of her pregnancy tickled his nose, and it seemed somehow wrong to him for new life to be so close to a place filled with death. 

But that was the point. She had given so much to keep this pack alive. She would be pleased to know that they had not only one but two litters due this year. The tragedy of the last two springs would not be repeated - he hoped.

His tears sowy tapered off as he smiled sady at the ground. "The pack is filled with Life, Namid. You would be so proud. Kajika is finally going to be a father, and Moon is expecting again. We'll do better this year," he promised. 
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

If Tagg was aware of her presence he most certainly didnt let on whatsoever. She sat her large haunches on the ground as she watched her husband speak to the fallen queen. Her eyes grew wet with tears as she listened to him. Her own mourning was coming out for losing Namid was a great loss. She had loved the woman as a friend and mother figure. It hurt like hell to know that she was actually gone but that was life. So the ebony woman would continue on, but for the meantime she would mourn and allow her mate to mourn as well. If he needed her all he had to do was call.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]