(See All?) Announcements
619 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

[BWP][S]Threw your sh*t into a bag and pushed it down the stairs — Darkwater Rapids 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 129 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Flash flooding has caused local landslides. All welcome, 1-2 others.
i crashed my car into the bridge, i watched, i let it burn

@Askan was never going to let her live it down. Not if he heard that she'd just been strolling along in the rain, slipped in some mud and ended up in the raging river (thankfully downstream from the falls). How she managed to keep her head above water was anyones guess, but finally she managed to wash up against a tree that had suffered a similar fate to her own in the slippy slidey weather, its roots the only thing teathering it to the bank.

She hauled herself from the water with a cough and a sneeze, her legs unable to support her weight as she tried to drag herself further away from the water. The last thing she needed was another swell in the current to drag her back under. Her chest was heaving, jaws parted panting. She didn't even have the energy to do more than shake her head.

It was going to be a long walk home again. Barely a whisper fell from her lips, "Fucker."

Phoenix Avalon
(This post was last modified: Jun 22, 2018, 03:04 AM by Phoenix.)
[Image: alice_pixels_by_marinatedmermaid_db0ijia...bx39aw.gif]
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

It wasn’t like he hated it when Askan was right, per say – but maybe he hated it a little, if only because in this case, it had mean that Reyes was wrong. In his defense, it was like the damn coyotes had come straight out of nowhere. One day they were fine and the next day, they woke up, it was still pissing down rain….and there were more coyotes lurking around Shallow’s Edge than the alpha had seen all year. Whether or not it was an isolated event was hard to say, but…

Well. It was certainly keeping Reyes on his toes. He heard a distance cough and sneezes and changed directions suddenly, arriving at the river’s edge just in time to see Percy crawling out – she looked like she could hardly walk. The male cursed softly to himself and moved closer to the coming adult, shoulder-to-shoulder as he tried to support her.

“Dios mio, chica. This ain’t the weather t’take a damn swim.”

[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon

"Hah! What's the difference?" It was a half-hearted breathy retort, punctuated by a roll of her eyes as she continued to wheeze and hack. At least it was @Reyes and not Askan that found her. "Fuckin' fell in. Can't believe I thought about doin' it for fun a week ago. Fuck that." It made her miss the still water of the lake, but she supposed, it wasn't nearly so bad when it wasn't outright pissing down, which to date, hadn't been often since the snows stopped. "Say," she'd started to get her breath back and wanted to get off the topic of her clumsiness as quickly as possible, "Do'y'reckon all forest are this wet all the times or jus' the ones Kana stops his ass in?" She was still sprawled out on the ground and wouldn't be able to dodge any retaliation that was thrown her way but the girl's crooked smirk should convey that it was all meant in good fun.

Phoenix Avalon
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“Fair enough, I guess.”

She had a point, though. With all this fucking rain (nonstop, it seemed like), it was more or less like they swam through the air. Fish were probably happier out of water than the wolves were, right now. He might have commented on her swimming plans, but decided to bite his tongue instead. The water called him too, sometimes. For whatever stupid, hellish reason. If Percy occasionally felt so inclined to take a dip, far be it from him to judge. Outwardly, at least.

The question, though, made him bark a laugh. “Well, I dunno. Figured it was me and my bad luck gettin’ followed by fuckin’ storms – not stopped to figure it was his damn fault. Hah! Probably is. He did pick this forest, after all.”

The weather at the Rye Fields wasn’t particularly good either, but Reyes had always reckoned that was because it was so damn open. “That’s what we get, I guess, listenin’ to him.”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You realize that two coyotes have been following you.
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Phoenix Avalon

She was still struggling to regain her breath, the rapids were roaring after all, and she was on the spindly side, all legs and ears and attitude. She managed a bitter grin, all teeth and hard edges, even the chuckle that left her in response sounded dry. "Maybe it's the mood bringin' the weather down. Reckon I'm probably as much t'blame for that though... lets stick with saying it's him, huh?" She was about ready to find her feet again, another deep breath drawn before it finally sunk in.

They weren't alone.

She growled as she stood, head hanging low while her legs continued to shake. She wasn't ready for this yet apparently, not really, but if the scent was anything to go by there were coyotes about, and bold as they seemed to be lately, she didn't really want them catching her sprawled out in the mud. "Fuckin' figures, hey?" Of course they'd show up now.

Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“Hell yeah we will. Why do you think I keep him around, his pretty--?”

Reyes didn’t get to finish the banter. Which sucked, really, because he was fucking enjoying it. The wolf had followed Percy’s gaze, but even before he saw their new groupies, he’d smelt them. His ears rolled back, teeth grinding together. Dios mio, do these fuckers not now how to take a hint?”

He took a step closer to the young adult, acting as a solid wall as she regained her feet. There was still rapids between them and the coyotes – if he was judging stink correctly – so they were probably fine. Probably. “C’mon. Weather’s shit anyways. Let’s go back to the territory. These fucks ain’t that bold.”

@Phoenix -- Sorry for the wait!
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
@Reyes Sorry for the wait.
Phoenix Avalon

She was still exhausted, but forced her legs a little wider to stand steady and stare the vermin canines down across the swollen rapids. She almost wanted to try and goad them to try and get across. That'd teach em! A lip pulled back to reveal the tip of a tooth, but she had to admit that Reyes was right. There was no point sticking around in the rain to have a mexican stand off.

"At least there only seems t' be two of 'em this time." She should have shut her damn mouth and walked, but she had been enjoying their chat, as terrible as the timing had been on her part. She moved to put some distance between herself and the water and headed back towards the edge. They hadn't been walking long when her ears started to turn back, body lowering defensively, hackles bristling as she realised the scent didn't seem to fade no matter how much distance they put between themselves and the rapids. She wondered if Reyes noticed too, but she was too busy peering between the trees to throw a glance and check in silently.

(This post was last modified: Jul 21, 2018, 10:26 PM by Phoenix.)
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

This time.

He really didn’t like the sound of that. Did that mean this was a fluke, or that some of them were finally getting the hint that Shallow’s Edge wasn’t going to be providing any free meals? His mouth twisted into a scowl as he mulled it over for a few moments, and then he threw his gaze over their shoulders. The mutts didn’t seem to be inclined to cross the swelling river and trail after them.

“I wonder why the hell they’re so many, all the sudden. I mean I know it’s pup season but… These ain’t pups. Where the hell did they come from? Why?

What on earth could have driven such a large hoard of coyotes to Relic Lore?

@Phoenix -- We'll get to the end!  We can do it!  x'D