(See All?) Announcements
257 Users Online
Google, Bing

Most girls — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan was torn. On one paw, he wanted nothing more than to head out into the Falls and get rid of the mongrels for once and for all. After all, he hated sitting around idle, twiddling his proverbial thumbs in the hope that the issue would resolve itself. But on the other, he knew that if he stomped off into the wilderness looking for trouble he'd get nowhere but lost. It dawned on Askan that if he truly wanted to deal with the coyote issue then he'd have to pledge the whole pack to them. Scouting groups, hunting parties, it would all take up a lot of time and resources...

He puffed out a long, weary breath as he meandered through the trees, his tail flicking behind him in unbridled frustration. Perhaps he could circle the area surrounding the Shallows just to make sure that- who the hell was that? He paused mid-stride, almost tripping over his paws as he stared ahead at the dark figure lurking just outside of his borders. Just barley visible amongst the shadows of the trees.

That's where they were supposed to be, outside the line, not even a toe over it. But the way the stranger continued on walking ahead, as though they intended to pass river over the invisible line...Well, he wasn't going to it get to that.

"Oi, where the hell do you think you're going?"

(This post was last modified: May 05, 2018, 08:27 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Alice who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Marisol

"Oi, where the hell do you think you're going?"

Marisol rolled her eyes, hard, but continued on her way, only stopping when they were face to face, their noses only a few inches a part. He wasn't ugly, Mari would give him that, but that scrunched up face, as though he was struggling to take a shit wasn't doing him any favours. He was all beef, short and stocky and whilst she wasn't into that...Well someone probably was, different strokes for different folks, right? Still, his attutitude stunk. If anything was going to make her nethers dry that'd do it.

"What's it look like?"She gave him a moment to process it, though in all honesty she wasn't sure if he had enough brain power to figure it out for himself. So she continued. "Paying a visit. Brother said he had a pack in these parts, wanted to see it for myself. Got a problem with that?"

Perhaps she was pushing too hard, too fast, but how else was she supposed to get a proper gauge of his character? Just so he didn't have the chance to rip her nose from her face, she turned and put some well needed space between them.

(This post was last modified: May 05, 2018, 09:39 PM by Marisol.)
[Image: marisol_reyes_by_loccian_love-dc6n2r7.png]
Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

The woman was right to fear for her nose. If she had remained in his personal space for one moment longer he would have-not that it mattered. Her first words were like salt to an open wound, yet another person calling him stupid. By then he should have gotten used to it, it was old news, wolves he was familiar with and those he wasn't often seemed to jump to that conclusion. Still didn't make it hurt any less.

At the very least her words held more merit. At first wondered if she was related to Pietro, after all they both had silvery eyes and were dark coated...But the more he looked at her, as the venom of her words sunk in she seemed familiar, acutely familiar. It dawned on him that he'd spent hours staring at those eyes, moon eyes Reyes had once called them....Shit. Shit fuck shit fuckity fuck.

"...I do, yes." Not his strongest come back. He cleared his throat, and arched his neck so he seemed a little taller, more resolute. He'd try the whole faking till you make it stick, not that he'd ever needed to before. "The fact you are Reyes sister is irrelevant, if you think that means you can just cross my border then you are sorely mistaken." He warned, his hackles rising once more as he slid back into his role. Guarding his borders, he could do this.

Instead of listening to his word she- she mocked him, mouthed his words as she bobbed her head from side to side- slow and drawly, like he was a simpleton. Reyes' sister or no, she was a fucking bitch.

"Why you-" He took a stomping stop forward, this time being the one to narrow the space between them. His tail lashed behind him as his ears pinned back against his skull. Askan had taken a chomp or two out of Reyes before, surely he wouldn't be to offended if he did the same to his sister...And if he did mind, then whatever, he'd deal with that hurdle once he got there.

Inactive No Rank
Marisol

Okay, she'd found his tipping point. Hadn't even taken a lot of effort, really. He'd been disgruntled before, pissy, but he was ready to take a chomp out of her and as amusing as this was...She liked having all of her parts intact, thank you very much. Skittering out of reach, she moved several paces away, a conversational distance. Because that's what this was, a nice friendly talk, with a bit of playful, if not pointed, banter thrown in for good measure. She'd gotten to grips with...whatever his name was anyway. Reyes was cold and his lover-boy was hot, go figure.

"Esta bien." If she had hands they would've been raised. Instead, she settled for a shrug."I hear you loud and clear, I'll stand over here." She stomped her paws for emphasis. It did little to wipe that scowl off his face, one of these days the wind would blow the wrong way and he'd be stuck like that forever."Just saying, you must be a real something to get Gabi to- look past the giant invisible branch up his ass? In all honesty she was struggling to see what her brother saw in him...now that he'd opened his mouth."To settle. Loner type, you know? You got a name?"

Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

For someone who was so mouthy she was awfully quick to back out. She didn't submit nor did he think she would, but he imagined that this was the closet thing to an apology he was going to get. Askan would be a liar if he claimed he wasn't tempted to demand the words from her, she'd hadn't overstepped the border line but her blatant and callous disrespect had certainly done the job. A year or so ago he would have scruffed her for sure, he still wanted to, but it was all about picking his battles, right? At least that's what he told himself as he pulled in a calming breath, in then out...

If that was her idea of complimenting him then...it went right over Askan's head like a soaring eagle. What was that even supposed to mean? Something? It felt very backhanded, unnatural. When Reyes complimented him it felt right, the words soaked into his skin and made him feel warm, lighter. But this? It was like rain, persistent and annoying. He scoffed and dismissed her words with sharp shake of his head, no thank you. Quit that shit. At least his name was easy enough to provide.

"Askan Selwyn." He arched his brow, waiting for her to offer his own.

Aside from being a pest, what more did she want? She didn't seem the sort to settle either and honestly, he wouldn't want her around anyway. All mouthy and infuriating, she knew exactly how to make him tick in all the wrong ways.

"So this is it....a social call?" If that's all it was, he was about done. Had other places he'd rather be, the day was still young...Wasn't even noon yet.

Inactive No Rank
Marisol

It was a real struggle for Mari not to snicker. Askan Selwyn. Mierda, that was the name of someone who'd never gone without, who'd never had hunger gnaw away at their insides till they wanted to cry. His name practically screamed privilege and the hoighty, proud way he said it didn't help matters either. She should have realised it sooner, he had all the markings of a blue blood. Yikes, what had Gabi gotten himself into, huh?

She didn't like him, at all, but that was a given wasn't it? Not that it really mattered, if her brother liked him then...She didn't quite know how to finish that sentence, she feared she was getting too soft. That getting tangled up in family again would only lead her down a road that went nowhere good, fast.

"Mari Reyes. Bet you thought that was his name for a while, always hated Gabriel. Thought it was too soft or something." Not that she was really in a place to criticise him, being Mari though she went ahead and did it anyway.

He was awful as shit at the art of conversation, but she guessed he was right. Snooping, social call, same difference really. She'd never been interested in how the other half lived, but because it was her brother she had an itch to know. They weren't close, never had been really, but they were family and after all she'd lost it counted for something. Even to this day.

"If that's how you wanna put it, yeah." It was kinda sad, how much he was clearly struggling. "Why, you got a problem with me?"

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Despite all the time Mari and Gabriel had spent apart it was evident that she still knew him pretty well, perhaps even more than Askan did. A twinge of jealousy shot through his system and settled in the pit of his stomach, pointed and heavy, as though he'd swallowed a handful of sharp stones. It made sense, and the same could likely have been said for Askan's sisters. But that didn't make make the situation any easier to tolerate. Askan, rather selfishly, wanted to know his mate better than anyone else did, dead or alive.

"Clearly." His response was sardonic, pointed. He had no interest in mincing his words, nor would he ever. "I'm not entirely sure what you expected, you come here and mouth off at me and think I'll just drop it? Because what, you're Reyes' sister?"Asked tccch'ed . "As if. So unless you have something else to say you should leave. Now."

The sooner this was over and done with the better. Really though, was this all she wanted? He found that hard to believe, that Mari had just strolled up to say hello. From the state of her, all skinny and small, he figured she'd want a meal or two-if Reyes hadn't already fed her. Maybe somewhere warm and dry to rest her head for the night... Askan didn't want her around and he certainly didn't want her to step beyond the invisible barrier between them. If she wanted to hang around with her brother then they could meet outside of the Edge, there was plenty of room in the Falls, lots of spots for them to chose from.

Inactive No Rank
Marisol

Mari couldn't help but roll her eyes at that. Well, at least she could say she tried. That if Gabi tried to give her shit for bullying his mate, or whatever, it wouldn't be an outright lie if she claimed he'd been a dick to her and chased her off. The fact that her actions had caused them to get off on the wrong paw....well, Mari didn't think it was possible to have a first good impression with his moody fuck. He was just so dour, she bet he never smiled.

Rolling her shoulders in a shrug, she flicked her tail dismissively. His threats didn't scare her, nothing did, she was half tempted to hang about but such an effort didn't seem to be worth her time or effort, really. She'd gotten what she wanted, what use was there in staying?

"Okay okay, lover boy. I'll get out of your fur." She turned to leave, but then paused. "But know this, if you fucking hurt him- I mean it,pendejo, if he doesn't kill ya I will. Capiche? "

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan bristled at the sickly title. Lover boy. She wasn't exactly wrong and it wasn't as though he resented being Reyes' lover, it was simply a matter of principle. That she'd called him that to get under his skin. Her threats meant nothing to him- never in all of his days would he ever do something that warranted such an extreme response. Not to Gabriel. There was no use in saying that though, she wouldn't believe him and nor could she really be blamed for that. After all, if the roles were reversed he'd feel the same way. Bitter and protective, prickly at the mere thought of his (favourite) sister being upset.

So he merely scowled, fierce and sharp as he stared her down. That was his response, she could take it however she liked. Askan,however, insisted on getting the last word in. Because that's just who he was.

"Are you done?"He asked, his brow raised. "I won't ask you one more fucking time-"

With that Mari turned to leave, seemingly content. For now. With a huff Askan watched her go and his shoulders sagged, God that had taken so much out of him... In all honesty he didn't know what to do with himself now, he was at a loss. Mari had well and truly scrambled his day.

Fade