(See All?) Announcements
620 Users Online
Google, Hazelnut, Bing

Proud of your Boy — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 43 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Griffin Gwain Avalon
For @Jessie <3 - sorry I didn't get this up before my holiday.
Loosely backdated around mid-April

Things were… Changing. It was so surreal, like the world had ended, yet life continued to go on. Laike was alpha, Adelayde was having pups, it was all flip-flopped. Was he supposed to be happy for them? Take all of this as some great new beginning? I’m not sure I can do that… Honestly, he wasn’t sure how he felt at all, everything seemed to have happened so fast. The world turned upside down in the blink of an eye.

Since Drestig’s death, the sparrow-pup had become a ghost, roaming the Lowlands, and shying away from most pack activity. The formerly so chatty pup had grown quiet and pensive, his rambunctious character drowned in the sorrow. And guilt. If he hadn’t told his dad about Shallows Edge, then he wouldn’t have gone, he’d be safely recovering at home, still alive.

Instead, Gale was left wondering if there was something he could have done, something else he could have said that might have changed things; Or I just shouldn’t have said anything at all..! It haunted him, day and night. Which was why he preferred to be alone, hunting lemmings and other small prey on the tundra, still contributing to the pack, just not with his company. Usually he went out early and came home late, often finding a quiet spot outside the den to rest. Today was no different, the youth rising early and heading off through the Fields, head and tail hanging low; He was shadow, easily fading into the tall grass, hardly missed.

Word count: 255

”Speech" Thoughts
(This post was last modified: Jun 12, 2018, 08:21 PM by Griffin.)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

She certainly missed him. She would be an awful mother if she did not notice the changes in her children. While she knew that Drestig's death would affect those around her, especially her children, she had hoped that they would be able to keep the pack together. Thus far, they were holding on by a thread. Every morning she would wake up with her oldest son. She would not move with the fear of startling him. For a little while she allowed him his space, but finally as Griffin woke her again early in the morning, she watched as he left the den, a deep frown forming on the mother's face.

For a moment, the Rye Queen's eyes shut and she inhaled deeply, allowing herself to relax before she stood up, pushing herself out of the den. Nostrils flared as she picked up on her son's scent, her frown only deepening. No, he wouldn't be getting out of here this time. The mother picked up her pace, breaking out into a brisk trot. In many ways, her son was much like her and Jessie was not going to allow him to be alone. His scent was getting stronger as she neared the borders and finally, he came into view. The mother's voice was rough from sleep when she spoke, "Gale!" Bumping his shoulder, she met his eyes, almost identical to her own, "Talk to me." There was nothing she hated more than seeing her children in pain.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]