(See All?) Announcements
615 Users Online
Bing, Google

swift kick — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 271 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
Open to two others. Perhaps a scuffle partner? || May 11th, Broken Clouds, 55.4 ° F, 13 ° C

Where was she? Hawthorne sniffed around for the female that was ranked just right above her but she couldn't find anything fresh to latch onto. Any trails found seemed to be a bit stale. A sharp scowl cut across her features, the kind that would make one think she was a Selwyn by blood.

With a huff, she finished marking up an area of the northern borders. Maybe she could pester @Reyes into another scuffle or even @Askan if he was feeling particularly grumpy. She liked having bigger opponents to tussle with. They were more of a challenge to try and overpower or land a hit on. Granted she could have perhaps roped someone who was speedy into a tussle for practice in that department.

She would consider her options further as she padded back into the heart of the Edge's territory. The yearling had no want to linger around the borders and lure some stand-offish coyotes.

[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9co9.png]
Played by Van who has 54 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Pietro Archer
Pete had taken to sticking relatively close to the borders at the very least. After all, he wasn’t much bigger than these damned coyotes that seemed to lurk all over the place these days. It wouldn’t take much for two of them to tear him limb from limb. So today he was taking it relatively easy, strolling around inside the territory.

He should’ve known he was going to run into a moody edgewolf.

”I see that this gloomy weather isn’t helping anyone else’s mood, either,” he stated, referring to the rainstorms that had been ravaging the Lore. Mercury eyes were calm as he walked up to the freshly-turned yearling. ”I don’t think we’ve officially met. I’m Pietro, or Pete for short.” He was a little upset at having to tilt his head back to look this wolf in the eyes, but he was pretty much used to that by now.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn

Huh? She said with a sharp squint. What did the weather have to do with anything? Not that she expected him to be some mind reader but she couldn't care less about the weather. The awful snowstorms were gone and that was enough for her.

The Selwyn didn't bother hiding how her eyes raked over his smaller form. She didn't feel so bad about not being the biggest wolf around now. Hawthorne Selwyn. She said as she kept moving, expecting him to follow if he wanted to keep chatting about stuff like the weather - which, for the record, Hawth was desperately hoping he didn't want to talk more about the weather.

What do you do? The yearling asked swiftly in hopes that would provide more fruitful conversation.

Inactive No Rank
Pietro Archer
Selwyn? Pete guessed that she might be related to the grumpy edgelord, in that case. It made sense - that squint was pretty signature of Askan, and he supposed it ran in the family. Like silver eyes with Archers.

”Nice to meet you,” he said curtly, his white-tipped tail giving a short wag. He figured he was allowed to follow the yearling, padding after her with a polite smile. ”I didn’t know Askan had family in this pack.”

He perked his ears when she asked him a question. A smile crossed his maw. ”Medic, unofficially,” he explained. ”What about you?”
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn

Adopted family. She corrected swiftly. Sure, she might have well just left it but she wasn't a blood Selwyn. Never would be. She was just lucky enough to be sworn into the family. I'm here 'cause of Reyes, though. Both of the males had been terribly nice to her, being here and supporting their pack was the least she could do in return. Whatever they asked of her she would do.

Her shoulders gave a sharp shrug. Guardian I guess. Double as other things. She scouted with Sachiel sometimes but most of her time had been spent on the borders or in the surrounding woods. The Selwyn had a knack for shooing trouble away when needed.

Inactive No Rank
Pietro Archer
Pietro smiled slightly at her quick dismissal. ”Adopted doesn’t make them any less your family,” he told the younger wolf gently. ”Blood isn’t important. It’s who you choose to be with and who sticks with you,” the little wolf went on, deciding to impart a little bit of wisdom onto the girl. That maybe she could feel a little more secure in the fact that Askan wouldn’t have shared his last name if he hadn’t actually thought of them as family.

A snort of laughter shook Pete’s shoulders. ”Oh, yes. I double as a Guardian, myself. One look at me and all intruders know that Shallow’s Edge is not to be fucked with. My big muscles scare them away.” He dropped a quick wink and continued to pad along beside the larger wolf.

”I’m joking, of course. You’re just much more formidable than I am,” he told her, dipping his head. ”I’m much more suited for fixing up the Guardians when their job gets too rough. So don’t hesitate to come to me if you’re not feeling your best,” he finished, silver eyes flicking toward Hawthorne. ”No shame in needing help.”
(This post was last modified: May 31, 2018, 08:01 PM by Pietro.)