294 Users Online
Google, Bing

Beyond the Ashes — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
@Lilya

Three weeks had passed since she'd injured her leg and while the pain had lessened she still couldn't put any weight on it.  Oksana was growing frustrated with each passing day that she had to mind the things she did. She had grown bored if the medical den and the communal den and was now out hopping about the territory for a change of scenery.

It was tiring though, even for an energetic pup like herself. She worried that she was growing weaker and that she wouldn't be able to swim to the islands when the time came. Why did she had to be stupid and go look for her mother? Everyday she berated herself for that decision seeing now that it was a poor one on her part.

She'd gotten a good distance from the den on a path that had started to be well worn before she had to stop. She figured she could rest there for a moment before going on in her search for a place that wasn't so boring to rest in

(This post was last modified: Mar 20, 2018, 11:10 PM by Oksana.)
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Tasha (Inactive) who has 328 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
'cause darling you're nothing but brave

Lilya often wondered how everyone was faring, and she liked to believe she was doing a better job here than she had in the Hearthwood when it came to socializing, and making sure everyone was okay. She’d been on her way back from a patrol around the borders when she latched onto a familiar scent – Oksana. She wondered how the child was doing with everything, especially given the fact that Inna had not come with them. While she had not necessarily agreed with Lachesis’s choice, she did support him and she understood why he’d done it.

She offered the girl a soft smile as she caught up with her. She’d heard about the injury, of course. How’re ya holdin’ up, Oksana?” She asked softly, noticing the hop she used to move around. Lilya knew she should probably be resting… but the war veteran knew that if she’d been in the child’s paws, she’d be doing the exact same thing.

[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

The little Crow bent her head to lick her leg while she rested in her search for a good resting place. She was trying to do the right thing for her injury but it was hard when she'd grown tired of the dens. She hadn't expected to be caught out before she'd found her place but she'd noticed the tawny form of Lilya coming toward her.

Oksana returned the smile she'd been given once the alpha had caught up with her. As well as can be expected, she said, I was just trying to find a place to rest. It wasn't an easy task to find the perfect place which was she hadn't found it yet. I think there's a small clearing up a head and I thought that might be a nice place. She remembered finding it on one one if her explorations before she'd gotten injured.

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

She was glad to see the little crow moving around despite her injury, and it appeared as though she was still being very careful about how she moved, with Lilya appreciated. The girl at least had a smile on her features, which was a good thing. She had a strong ability to persevere despite the odds. Her mother hadn’t followed them to the Surge, Lachesis had told her in private that he did not want her there and she stood with him, because he was her mate, and they made decisions as a team and even though she did not necessarily want her gone, Lilya knew that her habits had hurt the pack in the past.

M’glad ta see ya movin’ around ah bit more… Lach told me ‘bout yer paw. She offered, walking alongside her, hoping to learn more about how the girl had been doing here without your mother. Ah just wanted ta check in on ya… see ‘ow ya were doin’ in the new lands. Ah know ya’ve got a knack fer adventure, n’Ah hope th’new lands ‘aven’t disappointed it.. Perhaps that was a good thing, gave the girl things to do.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

She hadn't expected to get seen as she moved from the dens to a new location and especially not by Lilya. She'd expected to get reprimanded and taken right back to the medical den but that didn't happen. Instead the alpha had asked her how she was doing and spoke of Lachesis telling her about her paw. It was very confusing for the pup but she was glad for it because she really didn't want to he in the dens. She wanted to be out in the fresh air where when could hear and watched the little birds as the hopped about on the snow looking for food.

She'd risen to her paws and was hopping along the path she knew would take her to the clearing. A glance was given to her leg as they spoke about it. I get bored in the dens so I've been coming out and finding other places to rest. My accident shouldn't have happened, she admitted shaking her head. Oksana still believed that she had made a stupid decision that day. Her consequence was to have to lay around instead if doing the things she really wanted to do. She looked over to the woman as she spoke about the new lands. Oksana shook her head, Oh, I'm doing alright and No of course not they aren't a disappointment. I...um...I just haven't had much time to explore them that's all.

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

Lilya felt sympathy for the girl – had she been in her paws, Lilya would have likely done the same thing. In fact, she had when she’d been down for the count with sickness (albeit that was a bit different than a physical injury) and she continued to leave the medicine den anyway because she hated the suffocating feeling she felt when she was trapped inside. No accident should have happened – most of the time they ended with tragedy. While the situation in front of Oksana was unfortunate, it also could have been a lot worse.

Not that she was going to say that – it wouldn’t help the situation at all.

She smiled softly when she said she hadn’t had the time to explore, and nodded with understanding. If yer feelin’ up ta it, maybe yah’d like ta go on n’adventure with me. She didn’t want to push the girl if she wanted to rest the paw, and certainly wouldn’t blame her if she wanted to, but Lilya herself hadn’t seen much of the lands and felt as though she could use the company as she did so. If it wouldn’t be too much on ya of course… don’t want ya ta ‘ave ta be injured longer than ya already ‘ave ta be fer recovery.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

When speaking of what she was doing Oksana was truthful with Lilya and not hiding anything. She knew that if there was something bothering her then the alpha could help her and she hadn't ever felt judged by the woman. Though she didn't know her as well as she knew her own mother she liked the woman alpha and trusted her. She had no reason to keep anything from her including the fact that she felt her accident shouldn't have happened because she shouldn't have been looking for her mother in the first place.

Oksana was still kicking herself over that decision that she had made that had gotten herself into that mess.

The crow smiled and wagged her tail when Lilya offered for her to go in an adventure. I would like that a lot actually. It will he nice to do something other than lay around all the time. It had been awhile since she'd been on adventure since she'd been resting in places she'd already knew from the days when they first arrived in the surge. We might have to rest often if that's okay. I can get around without using my paw but it's a little more than just walking. It will be good for me I think, help me to sleep some when I do settle down in the den later. She thought she should explain that to set the woman's mind at ease. Oksana was confident she'd be fine and wanted to convey that to Lilya. Did you have an idea where you want to go?

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

Oksana agreed and the woman offered her a genuine smile. She imagined the adventurous girl would be restless with her injury – after all, Lilya would be the same should she be in her position – likely would once her children arrived. She’d spend a lot of time in the den and likely need to sneak out just to get some fresh air. “We’ll take it at yer pace, don’t ya worry.” She offered – there was no way she’d get mad at the girl for being physically incapable of moving around for long periods of time. She was short a leg.

She asked about where she wanted to go and Lilya simply shrugged. “Ah think followin’ th’river might do us some good…” It would let both of them stop to drink fairly often.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Lilya seemed understanding of her situation and she was grateful of that but then the alpha had always proven to be so. While she'd been upset with Inna for leaving her at first she was glad that her mother had chosen to leave her with Lachesis and Lilya. I will let you know when I need to rest, she told because the matriarch wouldn't know if Oksana didn't say. As for where they should go Lilya thought they should follow the river, I like that idea, she responded with a wag of her tail.

As they walked Oksana didn't move as quickly as she had before her injury but her pace wasn't too slow either. She looked up to the woman a question on her mind, Lilya, have you ever had an injury like me before? Bring that it was the first time she'd ever been physically hurt in her life she wondered if it was the same for others. She was doing her best to do what Lachesis had said but did others feel like she did sometimes.