(See All?) Announcements
281 Users Online
Bing, asophiaahvsz9761, Google

our love is a monster — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 841 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall
All welcome, but special shout out to @Tagg, @Moonshadow and @Kajika. Chan had been found on the 10th by Tagg, but has stayed out of the pack territory until now. Anyone in FTC is welcome to know about this & have visited him while he was healing. PP of Kajika approved by Kai.

Chan had wanted so badly to just rush into the Cove when his father had brought him to it, to run along the lake's shore and roll in its grasses and curl up with his family in the communal den, but that just hadn't felt right. He'd been gone so long, even though this was his home he didn't still belong with them all just because he wished it. He was a yearling now, practically an adult, and he needed to expect the world to treat him as such. So he remained outside of the territory, just outside of it and always available if needed or desired, until his wounds healed and he was once again able-bodied; a proper candidate.

Kajika had visited him a few times, bringing him salves that helped him to heal quicker. He knew too, that his siblings had been born. It had been painful to wait, to not follow each adult that visited him back into the territory. To keep his resolve, but he did it. Now, he stood amongst the scent markers that  edged the Cove's territory, and sent out a howl, asking for Kajika to meet him once more, as he assumed his mother would still be laid up with the newborns.

(This post was last modified: Jun 05, 2018, 10:46 PM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It had only been days since Moonshadow'd had her pups so Kajika had been working a little over time with Leadership duties. He didn't like being away from Birtie and the children for too long but he also needed the pack to know that their leadership still stood. The alpha needed to get back to his duties and learn to balance that with fatherhood.

The thing that they had all hoped for but never been quite sure it would happen had. Chan had found his way back to the cove. He insisted on staying outside the borders until he’d recovered, Kajika had allowed it. The boy was in bad shape when he'd returned but the dark man had made sure he'd had what he needed to heal. Also the borders provided Chan with some protection against the coyotes as well. That was just as important as the recovery process.

When his godson's voice sung through the trees Kajika had been outside the den after doing a long patrol. It was ever more important to be vigilant with the pups still so young. Immediately his ears perked as he rose to his feet. It seemed this was the day so he hurried to meet the young Eastfall at the border. “Good day Chan. What is it I can do for you? Have you finally decided to make your return official?”

(This post was last modified: May 30, 2018, 08:42 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Grae who has 888 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

So I'm going to have Moon not know that Chan has returned until now because she wouldnt have had him recover outside the borders. For @Tagg and @Kajika if yall want they didn't tell her because of how pregnant she was :) or something else is fine too. I'm so excited about this! <3

It had been three days since the birth of her second litter and Moon had barely left them alone outside of relieving herself and getting a drink. Her mate had been bringing her food while her best friend picked up the slack in the leading duties. She was grateful for them both and all that they were doing. The large onyx woman nursed the twins until they fell asleep and then slipped quietly outside to get a drink from the lake. Moon gave her dark coat a shake before stepping towards the lake. That's when the call rang out. The unmistakable voice rang through the cove that she never thought she'd hear again. Her fur stood on end as she turned on a dime and ran as fast as her still oversized abdomen would allow.

Her baby was home!"

Her dark form burst on scene not even registering that Kajika had once again beat her to the call. All she saw was his tawny form standing on the other side of the border. "Chan!" she cried running to him frantic whines falling from her inky maw as she adorned his face with kisses. Her cheeks became wet with tears of joy as she finally held her baby again. She dreamt of this day since he had left.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Chan Eastfall

As expected, his godfather was prompt in answering his call. Chan stood a little bit taller as the man approached him, not out of hubris but rather so the older wolf could get a good look at him and how much he had regained his strength. How beneficial he would be to have in the pack. Chan knew there was no escaping special treatment from his family, but he liked to think he could also earn his way back into the Cove.

"Yeah, I finally feel like my old self again. I can really help out now, I've gotten really good at hunting small game and-," he couldn't finish listing off his solitude-honed skills before Moonshadow rushed onto the scene. Seeing her, all airs of being an 'adult' dissolved, leaving behind the child that had dearly missed the comfort of his mother.

"Mom!" he shouted back, large gangly paws stomping the ground with excitement. When she met him with kisses and whines he pushed back, nuzzling into her chest in a wolf's best imitation of an embrace.

"I missed you so much..."

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Despite his pleas with Chan to do his recovering inside the border his godson had been adamant. Even at the mention of his mother Chan had declined and Kajika had allowed it only because he was at the borders and could seek shelter inside them if need be. So the call that came was expected and Kajika was grateful for it so that Moonshadow could finally have her son back. A smile crossed the dark features of the alpha as Chan stood taller. “You don't need to defend yourself to me Chan, I trust your skills have improved since the day we went Crawdad hunting,” he said with a chuckle.

Kajika was about to say more on the subject but Moonshadow appeared and while he didn't exactly agree with her leaving the den he wouldn't deny her this. Instead as he watched the reunion between mother and son he sat back on his haunches. In some ways he felt like thing for the cove were really looking up but he didn't want to get too carried away with that feeling. Things always had a way of turning around.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

As each day passed Moon was losing more and more hope in seeing her baby again. But that all changed as soon as his call reached her ears. She barreled towards him as fast as she could. Her heart hitched as he called out to her and stamped his feet in anticipation. She reached him coving him with frantic whines and kisses. He buried his head into her chest taking her into an embrace. She reached her head and neck over his shoulders and pulled him close never wanting to let go. I missed you so much he said causing more tears to fall from her mercury orbs. "I missed ya too baby, more than ya will ever know". Moon would hold her embrace as long as he would allow. The onyx woman had completely missed the fact that her best friend was watching on. She wouldn't care either way, she was just ecstatic that Chan was finally home and things were definitely looking up.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Chan Eastfall

Chan didn't mind staying a while in his mother's embrace, enjoying the familiarity that washed over him and the comfort it brought. He realized then that the Cove only smelled like home because it smelled like her. He needed to really come home though, to make it all official, so in time he reluctantly pulled away to face both her and his godfather.

"I know you guys love me, but I want in because I'm someone who can put in the work. Tell me honestly."

He should have known too that it wasn't so easy to set sentiment aside and look at him through purely objective eyes, but Chan didn't. If they would claim to give him an impartial judgment, he would believe them and be thankful for it. He just wanted to feel a little validated. Maybe like his time away had meant more than just wanderlust.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The alpha thought he would never see the day that Moonshadow would he reunited with her son. He wouldn't ruin it for her but he was glad to be able to witness the exchange between mother and son. He'd been there when Chan had been born and now as he returned from wherever he'd been all this time. None of that mattered now because he was home and asking to he accepted back into the pack.

He watched Chan part from his mother's embrace before telling he and Moonshadow what it was he wanted. Kajika rose to his feet and approached his godson, “The fact that your here asking to be accepted on your skills is proof that you can take care of yourself. It also shows that you are capable of helping the pack. Of course we are going to allow you back into the pack because we love you but I believe that you can put in the work and accomplish anything you want at the same time.” As far as Kajika was concerned his godson would be accepted for both reasons.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

If she had it her way she would never let go of the agouti boy again. She would keep him right next to her so that she could protect him and love him. But that would not be the case nor very realistic. Only when he pulled away did Moon realize that Kajika was there as well. It only made sense seeing that Chans called for them both. She gave the man a smile and moved closer to him. Her attention was turned back to her son as he addressed them both. He said that he knew that they loved him but that he wanted in the pack because he could work. He asked for them to tell him honestly and a sense of pride swelled in her chest at how much her child has grown. The godfather of her boy spoke first telling him that the fact that he was here asking to be accepted based off his skills was proof enough. It was her turn to move to his side "Kajika is right hun. Being on yer own for so long but yet making ya way home clearly shows ya have skills to offer. So yes we can accept ya back based off that but because we love ya too" She smiled and moved to his side. She brushed up against him adorning his pelt with the scent of the cove once more. "Welcome home dear" the dark mother welcomed her child back and took a step towards the cove. "Now come, there's someone I want ya to meet."She wanted him to meet his younger siblings.

(This post was last modified: Jun 19, 2018, 11:13 PM by Moonshadow.)