(See All?) Announcements
421 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo, Adelard

Stealing a moment — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

Ravenna lifted her head to nod with a smirk at Leotie's words. Elettra had given birth to three generations of children, three in each litter and the last being of Ravenna's own. It made Ravenna wonder if she too would end up having three children in the majority of her litters or if two would be her regular. Either way, even though the pain of giving birth was unlike any physical pain she could have ever imagined going through, the sight of her healthy pups was instinctively the only thing she could think about. This was just the beginning of a large family Ravenna would produce and thus, strengthen the line of those connected by Archer and Lyall blood.

"I think so." She then answered as she thought about what future pups she may hold. Though now that she was a mother she knew she would fight to remain on top, to keep her right to breed amongst the ranks, she also knew that she would cherish the moments with this litter and try not to think too far ahead of herself.

Then her friend said she did not mind if she got closer and a low, excited whine escaped her lips and she did not hesitate to move in a bit further. Her rump giggled outside as she moved further in, allowing just enough space between her own body and Leotie's for the two children to settle between. In the coming weeks all four of their children would be curled in between them to rest and nurse but for the time being these critical moments were for Leotie to do the work alone and allow the pups to know their true mother. Ravenna reached down to sniff the children, taking in their scents to memory as the newest members of the pack. "Of course." She whispered to not alarm the pups with the new voice in the den. "After watching Adeltra and Romanov grow, I always hoped I could be as good a mother as Enoki, that my pups would be as productive members as them. There is no telling what skills they will take to as they age..." She spoke as she lifted her eyes from the two children and onto Leotie.

Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
not looking for some fairytale bliss

Leotie had always felt that the wolves she'd met in the lore during her time there had been lucky. They knew their families and their backgrounds and she felt for Ravenna that was even more special. Knowing the number of pups and the sex’s she had to wonder if that was a glimpse into what the future held for her. Leotie didn't know any of that but she supposed in some ways it didn't much matter. She didn't have breeding rights like Ravenna did and she and Sven weren't mates. No matter what she thought he felt for her it hadn't been proven and he might not choose her in the next year.

She would cherish the children she did have in case they were the last that she had. Leotie often chose not to dwell on the future too much after all that she'd been through and the many times her hopes hadn't come true. “That must be kind of comforting in a way, to know what to expect. I don't know about my mother's previous litters,” she said thoughtfully. Leotie had long since accepted that she wouldn't ever know about her family. Now she had her own and that was all that mattered to her.

She gave permission for Ravenna to come closer to her pups which she could see right away it pleased the alpha. She watched the other woman move in closer leaving space between them for Avella and Scully. She thought about it being that way in just a few short weeks. They would all be sharing a den and forming a closer family bond, she hoped. She'd thought about her life and Sven's, the things that he'd told her which left a question on her mind that she hadn't had the chance to ask anyone until that moment when she finally asked Ravenna. She was relieved to hear that she wasn't the only one who had thought about it. Leotie smiled as her friend talked about Addy and Romanov. “I hope the same for my pups as well. In the two packs I've been in I've watched the pups grow and become what they are now. I never imagined that Rieko and Treyah would he where they are so it leaves me wondering what their lives will hold from them but I want them to have the freedom to do what they want in life.”

i want something just like this
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

Leotie went on to tell her that she did not know anything about whatever previous litters her mother had. It was strange to Ravenna to not know anything about her siblings, especially with the manner in which Ravenna was raised. She had grown up around her older brother and sister, had both her parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, nephews and nieces. The Archer family was a large one and not just in Torbine where the first Archer had been known and thus dominated the region, but here as well in the south of Relic Lore and surely, Ravenna could only imagine, any many other lands where different Archers like her mother had branched off on their own to create a family themselves. Now that her mother had passed away she left her legacy to her children. Now Skoll was creating his own hellions, Morganna had created a small army of her own, Greer had watchers over the mountain and she, now, had formed her own children as another piece of the puzzle which made up the Archer's Empire.

"I know it's very common for pups, once their old enough, to leave the den and make their own impact in the world... Their own families, their own packs..." She spoke, her eyes befalling the children. "But who knows. Maybe we will get lucky and some will decide to stay awhile. My older sister and brother, Skoll and Morganna stayed for years. Greer stayed too and of course, Sven and I are still here." She spoke as she pondered, though a pit formed in her gut at the thought of her pups one day leaving. But she knew with so many Archers in the land and if she raised them well, they wouldn't be gone forever. Hell, they could even stay close - becoming part of @Greer or even @Morganna 's ranks. Then, turning her attention back to Leotie, she turned her head slightly in question. "Your siblings, did you have any of them?" She wondered curiously, not knowing if Leotie was the only pup in the litter like many of Skoll's own children had been.

(This post was last modified: Jul 05, 2018, 07:17 PM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie remembered while she was growing up she hadn't really thought much about her family. It only started coming to the forefront of her mind the more time she spent in the lore. There were families and the puppies were taken from their mothers, the father's were around. There were things that she did remember from her puppyhood, like the day that she had been taken from her mom. Things like appearance and names, that she didn't know and she knew that it wasn't her mother that had given her the name she now carried. All of this was why it had taken her so long to tell anyone of her past as side from the fact that she had become aware early on that most wolves wouldn't understand. She had told Sven and Kerb knew but as she looked at the silver alpha she thought maybe it was time she knew too.

“I do hope we are lucky that they will stay here in the ridge with us but if they don't I wish them the best. It's not an easy life out there but they are Archers and if there is one thing I have learned being with you and Sven is that Archers are strong wolves and family is important.” She could only hope that devotion to family would be instilled upon her children. The thought that maybe one of her own might lead the ridge had occurred to her and it was something that she would like to see if it happened in her lifetime. “I must have because I have some memories of them but it was so long ago. It was still a pup maybe a little older than ours are now. I was taken from my mother after I was weaned. I remember that day quite well and after that I never saw her again.”

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

"I've no doubt in them." She spoke after on behalf of Leotie's words. After all, the four pups were born of four parents known to be loyal, strong in both mind and body, survivalists and trustworthy. Even if her pups did leave the nest at some point or another in their lives which was likely, Ravenna was sure they would do well on out there. Besides, there was Archer family all around the Lore it seemed and she did not have to worry about them being alone without anyone to give them a helping paw if needed.

The silver Amazon had not meant for the conversation to turn delicate. Ravenna had been too curious for her own good, perhaps. But Leotie knew where Ravenna had come from - right here where she was now. But as their relationship grew Ravenna wanted to know more of Leotie too. In all honesty, her past did not matter at all compared to her present and future now, but like said... Curiosity. "That's horrible..." Ravenna spoke, a frown on her expression, sorrow for her friend. Ravenna was not sure which was worse: being taken from your mother as a little puppy leaving you barely to remember her or being in Ravenna's situation, where she did get to know her mother and love her but she was taken from this life when Ravenna was still far too young. "The wolves that took you," She spoke with a small sigh, "Was it because of war?" Perhaps that is why she had been stolen from her mother. That a war had struck out and instead of killing Leotie they had decided to take her as one of their own being the fact that she was but an innocent child.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie didn't have any doubts their their children either. Whether they decided to stay or go off on their own she would hope they would tell her of their plans and know they could come back at any time. She also took comfort in knowing there were more Archers out there in the lore and that their surnames could serve them well in the future. They had good genes in them and she was sure the same determination their father and herself carried.

Leotie spoke of her past but as the silver woman asked the next questions it was clear that Leotie needed to explain. It was high time Ravenna knew the truth anyway. “I should have told you this before Rav but it's not really something matters much anymore because I'm not that girl anymore.” She started looking down at her paws for a moment before taking a deep breath and looking back up at her friend. “I wasn't born into a pack at least not a wolf pack. My mother was a captive wolf, a pet, so I was born into that life too. I remember being able to eat solid food and shortly after I was taken from her and went to live with these creatures called humans and they took care of me. Supplying my food and shelter. One day I guess it's been two years ago now I got out of my yard which is where they kept me outside and got lost. I found my way somehow to the lore and learned how to be a wolf and take care of myself. First with Oak Tree Bend which is a pack on the other side of the lore and then I followed Triell, Treyah and Reiko’s father when he left to form the draw.” Once she got it all out she waited for Ravenna’s reaction.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

Leotie first explained that it was due Ravenna knew more about her past but that her past was merely a story, something she endured and now it was over. She wasn't that wolf anymore. She had grown, learned, changed with the times... Ravenna nodded and then spoke up to confirm her understanding. "It doesn't matter. This is your home and this is your family now."

And then she grew silent, listening in with perked silver ears and bright, curious eyes. She first explained that her mother was not a pack wolf, at least not a real wolf pack and that she was a captive there and after Leotie was able to eat solid food she was taken to live with 'humans'. She, too, was a captive, a pet to these creatures and although she was not considered an actually part of the group she was still taken care of. Was it that they kept her alive for pity, or amusement? Either way they had taken care of her until she managed to escape, getting lost until she found her way here to Relic Lore.

"Well I'm glad you escaped, found your freedom here, with us. " Somewhere where she was an official member of the ranks, not just some captive they held onto. Ravenna found she was still confused about some bits though came to her conclusions to sum it up. Well, besides one thing... "What is a 'human'?" She had never heard the name before. Perhaps it was another time of canine like a wolf, fox or coyote.. Maybe even a band of wild cats?

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

In the time she'd been in the lore Leotie was proud of what she'd learned and the wolf she'd become. She was now a mother and now didn't just belong to a pack but a family, what she'd been looking for. She didn't care if she'd reached the role of alpha, she was happy and that was what mattered to her. “And I am proud to be a part of this family.” She said a she brushed Ravenna's cheek with her muzzle. She realized there wasn't anything to be nervous about because each time she'd shared her past she'd still found acceptance.

Leotie hadn't ever forgotten the time she'd spent with her humans so she was able to tell the story easily. In this telling of it she realized that this was a story that she could tell her children. There was a lessons to be had in it, one that she wanted her children to learn.

Her tail thumped the floor of the den and a wide smile spread across her face at Ravenna's words. “I am too. At the time I thought it was a good life but I've found a better one here in the lore with you, Sven, and the rest of the pack.” She had long ago stopped trying to return to her humans and the desire to find them was gone. Ravenna then asked the question that Leotie was waiting for as it had been asked many times before. “Well, they are kind of a strange creature. They walk on their hind legs and use their front legs to do stuff like eat and pick things up. They don't have fur all over their bodies like us but really short hair except on their heads where it's really long and they don't have muzzles like we do either.”

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

Ravenna's tail thumped the ground to her friend's touch, her tongue poking in and out of her mouth happily. She wouldn't have expected to trust another female, especially one not of her blood, not only to be so close to herself and her pups but to allow for her to have children of her own and well. It did help that the decision had been made between both her and Sven for this manner of leadership in not being a mated pair and yet equals came with some alterations of the traditional way of running things. They were all doing good for themselves. No, great.

When Leotie went on to explain what a human was, Ravenna couldn't help the puzzled expression on her face. Was it a bear? They could stand on two legs... But no fur. Like a fish or turtle? A bird perhaps? But how on earth could a turtle or bird capture her and make them her pet? Ravenna was so confused. "Pick stuff up with their paws hu?" She pondered that a moment, wondering what it would be like to not have to carry herbs in her mouth to the den. But how would she run on just two legs? "While that sounds interesting, I don't think being slow, bald and no snout is hardly worth it. Birds have two legs, but even they can fly." They sure sounded ugly, whatever they were.

Shrugging, she turned her attention once more down to the pups, reaching over to brush her nose over the top of Scully's tiny head. "Guess I should get going. The twins must be driving Adeltra insane by now looking for food." She smirks and after a quick lick aimed to Leotie's ear she wriggled herself backwards and out of the den. "See ya!"

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
Faded and archived

In her life she'd lost friends and been betrayed but she'd found that during her time with Willow Ridge she'd come to trust the wolves there. Especially Ravenna, she'd never imagined having a friend like the silver woman. Looking at her pups she realized they weren't just friends anymore but family even if it wasn't official. Rav herself had said it only moments before that she was a part of the family and that meant more to Leotie than anything.

Without the knowledge of what a human looked like she could only imagine what her friend was picturing. She remembered how Kerb had tried to understand what a human was when she had described it to him. Leotie nodded, “Their toes,” she said touching her nose to her own, “Are much longer and they can bend them to wrap around things.” What Ravenna said next made the agouti woman laugh, “I think your right. They would certainly be no match against us especially as a pack.” Even the smallest of birds could make things hard for a wolf.

Leotie watched as Ravenna turned her attention and brushed her nose over Scully's crown. “Thank you for visiting Rav and I'm really happy everything's going well with your litter. I hope to come and visit you soon.” the Agouti woman brushed her tongue under Ravenna's chin before she left the den, “Later Rav!”

Fade