(See All?) Announcements
395 Users Online

not gonna get us — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 241 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
Ris didn’t mind being overlooked or ignored. Really, it happened quite often. So the fact that Askan didn’t pay attention to her didn’t bother her whatsoever. The words thrown at Cancer were just as scathing as the words Cancer had uttered to Askan, and perhaps she wouldn’t have minded those words either. But they were just words, and then Askan used his mouth.

Yes, it was a sign of dominance, and no, it typically wouldn’t have hurt. But Cancer’s reaction set off a protective flare deep within Ris’ chest, and she didn’t think before lunging between them again and this time snapping her jaws in warning toward Askan.

”D-don’t t-touch him!” she snarled, her lips pulling back to bare white fangs. Her tail was stiff behind her, curling ever-so-slightly upward. ”Leave him al-alone!” Her fur was bristling aggressively, silver eyes narrowed just a bit and locked onto Askan’s face.

One look back at Cancer’s quivering form made her mind up for her.

”We’re l-leaving,” she announced, moving over and smoothing her fur down to crouch in front of Cancer. ”O-okay? We d-don’t have to be here.”
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

It all got out of hand, paw? Whatever, it didn't matter and Askan had very little interest in stopping the downward spiral. Had he known about Cancer's....baggage, he might have been a little less bitey. But since Cancer told him nothing, of real substance anyway, how was he supposed to know? Yes, he was quick to temper and all that but despite all of his rough edges and sharp words he wasn't- he wasn't trying to be a bad person. Maybe it all came a little too naturally for him.

Risaela's snarl was met with a raised brow. He found her attempt at aggression as threatening as a little robin, all puffed up like it meant trouble. She was lucky he didn't take her nose for that, he was tempted to, for a moment but quickly shoved the idea away with a grunt. They weren't worth any more of his time and effort, yes that's what he told himself. Shoving down the mounting sense of disappointment- because despite all he'd done, how he'd tried to help them, apparently it wasn't enough. They'd always want more than he could give. Shouldn't have been surprised really, after all she was related to Inna and Sahalie. Like them she took till she had her fill and moved on, that's what she'd done with Driftwood Surge. Maybe it ran in the Tainn family. Maybe they were all the same.

"Fine, go." Was all he said, as he remained rooted on the spot.

Askan & Reyes
(This post was last modified: Jun 04, 2018, 01:12 AM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Van who has 54 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Pietro Archer
Well, this was a shitshow, wasn’t it?

Pietro came in late to it, but he had heard enough to understand what was going on. He couldn’t let the two young wolves leave like they were. They would die on their journey from infection.

The small black wolf stepped out of the bushes and moved over between the three tense wolves, mercury eyes flicking between them. ”Not quite yet,” he amended Askan gently. ”You two will need to come with me first - to the medicine den. You could die if those wounds aren’t tended to,” the small wolf explained, dipping his head. ”You can’t stay overnight, but I can give you a few herbs to take with you as well for treatment on the go. But you know that I couldn’t, in good conscience, send them out like this.” He turned his attention back to Askan, stepping closer to the brownish wolf.

”As your medic, I would advise you to go calm down. We can talk later if you like,” he told his alpha in a quieter tone, so Ris and Cancer couldn’t hear. It was important not to embarrass his alpha - he was much more sensitive than he appeared.