(See All?) Announcements
448 Users Online

I crashed my car into the bridge — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 129 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
@Remington first and please let us get 2 rounds in before joining in. Any spectators will be skipped to keep things moving.
i crashed my car into the bridge, i watched, i let it burn

There was no real reason for it. If she was perfectly honest, Remington was probably the wolf she liked the most right after Askan. It was just one of those days, no escape from the endless drizzle. Did it ever not fucking rain around here? That and the itch the stink of coyotes put under her pelt... She wasn't exactly up to risking running into a band on her own, she wasn't completely stupid... but she didn't want to just lay around and wait either. So she sighed, and continued to look for the dark pelted woman.

There might have been a crease on her brow, a squint at the corner of her eyes, but the friendly rumble when fiery eyes fell on Remington betrayed her fondness, tail sweeping in wide arcs at her back. "Reckon I'm gonna grow fuckin' gills if this shit doesn't stop soon." A corner of her lip quirked up, a breath of laughter slipping free, it was a whim really. "So are ya ready to give me that spot you've been keepin' warm for me?" Her head tilted, roguish smile making it unclear whether she was really joking or not, though the way her tail inched ever higher (even if it continued to wave) would make it obvious she wasn't exactly joking. Not today. She was ready to try herself but she wouldn't take a loss to hardly either if that was the way it turned out.

Phoenix Avalon
Played by Switch who has 145 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remington
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

Usually she didn't mind the rain. It was a nice change as things began to warm up. But, not seeing the sun did start to wear pretty thin, pretty fast. It made her feel like she should be napping in the dimness of the storm clouds. It was harder to decide if the day was ending or just starting.

She'd taken some time outside the borders, checking them dutifully. But, when nothing was to be found her feet began tracing along the trails back to the den. It was almost there, she noticed Phoenix had been trailing her. Which wasn't odd. Turning at the sound, she wondered just what she was up to. As she faced her friend there was something different there, beneath the friendliness. Still her tail beat in turn, and there was an eased smile on her white muzzle. "No shit," she agreed, half picturing them as weird fish crosses. She didn't entertain the thought long.

There was a twitch upon her forehead as Phoenix got right to what she wanted. Remington saw the subtle way she wasn't kidding. Remi liked being in the higher spot. She'd been the only female adult but now she couldn't really say that. Phoenix and Askan were a lot closer, then she was to him or Reyes. She had no want to give it to the girl easily. An eased laugh slips from her open jaws, as her tail raised in turn. "Lets see if you can earn it, huh."

(This post was last modified: Jul 15, 2018, 06:14 PM by Remington.)
[Image: se_by_a_yellow_bird-dc2z4ij.png]
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Percy is just posturing at this point.
i crashed my car into the bridge, i watched, i let it burn
Phoenix Avalon

It was hard to be serious when it was Remington she was challenging. There was no bad blood between the women and she had kept her word and stuck close by. Percy had no intention of letting things change much between them, but she also knew where she wanted to be, and what she was going to have to do to get there. As the other woman's tail rose, her own ceased its waving, head raising to match its height. She knew it would no doubt come to blows eventually but if puffing up her chest and walking assertively forward was enough to get things started, then that was where she would begin.

[Image: alice_pixels_by_marinatedmermaid_db0ijia...bx39aw.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Remington
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

There had always been fire in the girl, and Remington had never wondered how bad she would get burned by it. Until now. She as the obstacle. For one more time she couldn't help but think maybe she ought not stand in the way. Between her path to Askan. But, what did that mean for her as a Keeper? For who she was as a wolf? She could picture the Selwyn clucking his tongue in disapproval that she'd given it so easily to the girl. Even if she was probably his favorite. And Reyes? Would he blame her if she took the easy way? Or strip her of her new title? Was there an easier way? No answer came. Just the realization it was far too late to back down. Phoenix made it clear she wasn't either. What was she to do but mirror her in turn? She raised her chin a notch higher, partially widened her stiff stance. Come on, show me what you got.

Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Fight post 1/5
i crashed my car into the bridge

When her stance was answered by Remington shoring up her own, Percy struggled to keep a wave out of her tail, though it didn't keep the happy smile from her face, anticipation coursing through her veins. There was something reassuring about the gesture, knowing that the rank wouldn't be handed over so willingly, only stoked the fire that had been building in the pit of her stomach.

The older wolf was far sturdier than the young challenger, so charging at her probably wasn't the wisest decision, but she was a young and reckless wolf and not too interested in waiting to see if Remington would be willing to make the first move. Once quarters were closed, she would try and get a hold of the scruff of fur around the back of her neck, a tough target covered with dense fur, unlikely to cause any real harm but enough to show she was serious about this, of course, with the ground slick underfoot, it was anyone's guess what, if anything she would manage to grab a hold of.

i watched, i let it burn
(This post was last modified: Oct 13, 2018, 10:58 PM by Phoenix.)
Inactive No Rank
Remington
@Phoenix Fight post 2/5
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

This was not a playful spar but it almost felt that way. As if one of them slipped up it would be an easy laugh, another tease. But neither were quite messing around. She could see the determination the Avalon had always held. She felt slightly unsettled it was pinned upon her now.

But being the challenged one she held back, just wondering what kind of move the girl had up her paw. No hesitance Phoenix took her opportunity, and Remi attempted to move out of reach. Thinking she would feint the attack she was quite surprised she didn't, and now gripped the side of her neck. That wouldn't do. She snapped her teeth in turn, trying to find a place for them through the dark coat.

Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Fight post 3/5
i crashed my car into the bridge

If Percy was a heavier wolf, she might have tried to bear down on Remington when her teeth found a hold of her shoulder. As it was, she didn't really have the weight to be much more than an annoyance, but all her squirming did cause her to lose her footing, and her hold. Thankfully, it seemed they were on the same page as far as not causing any real harm, because Remington's hold loosened as Phoenix backed away. She managed a rueful chuckle, "Coulda waited for a sunny day huh?" But she supposed it was just a measure of her impatience. She would wait for the other woman to make the next move now, her tail still arched high over her back, legs splayed in an attempt to find some semblance of balance in the quickly churned up mud.

i watched, i let it burn
(This post was last modified: Oct 13, 2018, 11:32 PM by Phoenix.)
Inactive No Rank
Remington
@Phoenix Fight post 3/5
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

In the struggle she wondered how long they could go on like this. If they'd need someone to choose a victor. She didn't doubt Phoenix's determination and she still had no want to just give it to her. The ground underneath was getting rather messy. She was beginning to look silver and brown.The Keeper didn't exactly care since she was hardly every pristine.

Phoenix, struggling against the muck, ended up letting her loose. She was hopeful they could call it good. Maybe wait for this sunny day. The girl made it apparent it was Remington's next move. Thinking fast, she charged forward, aiming for the Avalon's legs. If she knocked her off balance half her work would be done.

(This post was last modified: Oct 22, 2018, 12:51 AM by Remington.)