(See All?) Announcements
264 Users Online
Bing, Google

[bwp] you've got the juice — Quarry's Rush 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Steph who has 29 posts.
Inactive
Starhale Tainn
Starhale nodded, hearing him. By her count, there were a great deal more of coyotes banding together than she was used to. Seven. And who knew if the two groups were one collective little gang. Although she was comforted by his presence, and felt safer, Starhale did not even think of asking him to help her any further. Refused to. There was a part of her that thought: stay, and see this through with him... but the greater part of her, the part that knew herself, understood that if she did this there would be no journey to seek her aunt. She was a flighty she-wolf, but her loyalty was true. Even if she told them and told herself it would be until the pest problem was solved, Starhale knew better.

She would do what she could to steer clear of them.

Thank you, she said in earnest. I plan to start on that journey, soon. Maybe get some rest first, and then... head out. You don't have to worry about me, she hummed with a wave of her tail. your pack, they need all the help they can get to keep them away. Her voice was soft, and she moved to nose his chin in subservient thanks, tail swaying behind her.
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

His mismatched gaze was fixated on the muddy water as they continued downstream, putting as much distance between themselves and the coyotes as possible. He would have to detour away from the shallows again to ensure the scrawny creatures didn’t come sniffing at their borders… which meant he was going to return home a lot later than he had initially planned. Maybe he should have sought out company before heading out on his patrol… but then would he have met Mudpie? More specifically: would he have been as courageous?

An amused huff escaped him as he rolled his eyes in response to her words. Worry about you? He made a tcht sound with his tongue pressed to the back of his teeth. Oookay. Another dramatic roll of his eyes followed. Just don’t do anything stupid, Mudpie. He flashed her a crooked grin as she bumped the bottom of his chin with her nose, causing his tail to sweep behind him in low, short bursts. He wanted to tell her to pay the shallows a visit after she had found her aunt—to let him know that she had survived the coyote hoards—but the words hesitated on the tip of his tongue. He did not swallow them—not yet. Instead he allowed silence to settle over them once more in shades of soft blue. 

ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Inactive
Starhale Tainn

All Starhale had ever known was family. Optimistic though she was, she worried how others might be. Hero seemed more than alright. Here was a perfect stranger who had gone out of his way to assist her, to make sure she was safe from harm. She kept running this through her mind, and kept reminding herself she ought not to stick around when she had these plans—

But Starhale was never one to put herself before anything else. Starhale was more than happy to let others take the lead. His words warmed her, and when he held his tongue, she found she could not. Though but seconds ago she had expressed her desire to forge ahead, she thought of him returning to his pack, alone, and more coyotes happening upon him. Worse yet, the ones from earlier catching up. Finding him. Hurting him.

Like Hell they would. Hey, Hero... What if, she breathed, what if I stayed? What if I helped you guys with the pests? To repay you for helping me, two times over. For... for even offering your pack to come and help if we needed them, she pressed, her eyes seeking his. Is that ridiculous? Would your leaders not be okay with that? I... I would pull my weight, and I do what I'm told, and... And she had found her first friend, one who she was not so sure she was ready to depart from, yet. So you can make sure I don't do anything stupid, she quipped, because I'm not so sure I won't. Her ears pricked forward, and she lowered her head some. She prepared for the idea that he would say, no, we do not take half-loyalties, which she would understand. Starhale had posed it as a question with that in mind; it was a decision she wanted to make, something she wanted to do, but something she understood may not be permitted. Easy to understand why it would not be, either.

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

Eventually they would have to part ways. Go on their separate paths after exchanging parting words. He knew the shallows weren’t a place for everyone—especially wolves who had their own personal quests to carry out. It was why the older peppered yearling had left. To vanquish his personal demons and satisfy his itchy paws before settling down for good. The Edge would be there when the muddy girl returned—if she did. And that was okay too. Sachiel didn’t expect her to return—not if she encountered her aunt. He’d like it, of course, but the tawny Selwyn knew better than to put his trust in others.

Her words, however, took him by surprise and caused his steps to fumble. Wait—she wanted to stay? The only reason she had come to the Lore was to meet the aunt she’d heard so much about… and she wanted to stay, in the shallows? He blinked, dumbfounded by the girl’s words. A soft frown traced his features as she elaborated further, explaining that she would pull her weight and do whatever she was told to do. That he could prevent her from doing anything stupid (which he believed, especially after watching her run at a trio of coyotes).

Huh.

He had not been expecting that turn of events.

What about your aunt? He asked as he glanced over at her out of the corner of his eye, his tail swaying softly behind him. Y’can talk to ‘em, if y’want. Askan ’n Reyes. Tell 'em what you told me. I gotta tell ‘em what happened with us—about the coyotes—but I can mention that y’wanna stay. He shrugged. That won’t be enough though. They’ll wanna hear it from your own mouth. They’re good shit, but they’re tough shit. Sachiel did not know if they would let her stay—especially if he was a temporary stay. The Edge Lords weren’t fond of that.

x

Inactive
Starhale Tainn

His inquiry was a fair one. I do want to look for her, she expressed, but I don't even know for sure where she is. She might not even be in these parts anymore. What I do know is that you are here, and that you helped me, and that I really do not want you to get jumped by coyotes on your way home. She nodded, firmly. It's fair for your leaders to send me on my way, but I want to offer to help while I can. If they say no, they say no, she began, but that will be fine, because you'd be home in one piece, and not knowing that for sure would keep me up at night. And I need my sleep, Starhale paused for a breath. But if they accept me—I can help. And we can get a shot at kicking coyote booty together, when the time comes. You had my back—I've got yours, her tail waved as she finished. Not to mention she would be able to spend more time with Hero, which seemed like a bonus to her.

I can tell them with my own mouth, she responded with a laugh. I jus'... wanted to see if you thought it was a ridiculous idea, she admitted tentatively. Starhale certainly did not want to cause him any further trouble; she wanted to alleviate him of such a thing. Blind it with a slab of skin. Such a method worked once, and she was prepared to try it a dozen times over.

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

He scoffed at her words, his mismatched eyes rolling dramatically as she declared she did not want him to get jumped on his way home. Y’don’t have t’worry about me, Mudpie. I’m not the one runnin’ at coyotes. That was her; Sachiel had been the one the initiate the flee strategy. If they had had another wolf, or two, on their side Sachiel would have considered rushing the wolves (much like his muddy companion had done), but with just two of them. That was a suicide mission. I can vouch for you, but you’ll have to plea your case. Another one of his infamous shrugs was given, his narrow snout pointed forward as he tried to imagine what the Edge Lords would think of the bold girl. It was possible that they would let her stay, but they’d want her to prove herself to them. The last thing they wanted—or needed—was a freeloader. Especially with the influx of coyotes running around. I s’pose we could actually try fightin’ them next time… I think we did enough runnin’ today. But he also hadn’t expected to encounter that many coyotes in one day.

Nah, he started as he dismissed her words with a sharp flick of his tail, it ain’t that ridiculous. Just bring 'em something nice. Show your worth. They don’t like havin’ their time wasted. He wouldn’t mind having her around a little longer; she was surprisingly good company. He just didn’t know how his tangerine-eyed friend would feel about the muddy girl… but that didn’t matter. Not unless Mudpie got accepted into the shallows.

x

Inactive
Starhale Tainn
Starhale smirked, swatting some mud at him (though not checking to see if it landed) in a playful manner as he brought her action plan against her, squinting playfully. Right, right, that was me, she acknowledged readily, but I mean, they looked like they wanted a fight—I just threw the first punch, Starhale was not much of a fighter, but she was a protector; Hero had told her he did not need such protection, in so many words, but, well, you can't always get what you want buddy. Not only that, but she had expressed the same sentiment—and here he was. And he would vouch for her. She would not go fighting coyotes unless ordered to, or unless his life was in danger by them, so at the very least he could rest easy with that thought.

Something nice, she repeated. Proving her worth she could do; she wasn't an idle pack member. What's their favorite snack? Or thing? He would know best, and she was happy to provide them with just that. She observed the muddy boys frame, admiring how he looked in the stuff. She didn't know if it was the mud, or his company, but she was feeling more relaxed than she had in a while—she knew, to the best of his knowledge, her aunt was out here potentially and alive... and she also knew she had a friend. Someone who would vouch for her.

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

His brows furrowed as a blob of mud landed in the middle of his forehead. The corners of his mouth curled upward as he gave her a soft nudge with his shoulder. Threw the first punch? A laugh followed his words as he shook his head, gently, in disbelief. Hardly. You practically threw yourself at ‘em. You were just askin’ to be coyote-dinner. Maybe that had been her plan all along… Oh well. Now she was stuck walking down a muddy river with him. Things could have been worse.

What’s their favourite snack? His expression tightened once more, his ears twitching. Or thing? Truthfully, the boy didn’t know. They were a grumpy pair; it was difficult to tell when they were happy, if they were. Aside from me, or each other? He cheesed in response, his grin widening as he glanced over at her. He and Hawthorne were the favourites, but she couldn’t arrive at the Shallows’ doorstep with just him. She needed something else. Something that would set her apart from the others. I dono, t’be honest. He shrugged. Just bring somethin’ that’ll impress them. Show 'em you’re not a useless pile of mud. That was the easiest answer. She had to think of something to bring; Sachiel couldn’t do it for her. 

x

Inactive
Starhale Tainn

Uuuhhh, y'ever hear of a body slam??? It's like, the punch of the body, she said with a snort, though then laughed thereafter. He was right and she knew it; her quick-thinking had been a bit shortsighted, but... well. In the end, it had been worth it as far as she was concerned.

His expression kept the grin plastered to her face. So, you're the favorite, hmm? And the leadership liked each other, which warmed her heart. Her own mother and father could not be said the same about; he was with someone else, now. His advice was heeded with a nod, and then, she asked: 'kay... but... is there anything they hate to eat? She could only really rustle up small fare, but if they despised fish, she could use her energy on rabbits, or birds, or something. But she was prepared to do something that would make her a viable candidate to consider. How could she be a waste of time, or energy, when she brought dozens of little snacks to fill their cache with? It became apparent that her mind was going a mile a minute as she considered things to bring his leaders, tail swaying behind her.

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

His steps slowed as she spoke, his bottom jaw falling slack as he stared at her in disbelief. You were gonna body slam a trio of coyotes? He laughed, wholeheartedly and uncontrollably, and nearly collapsed into the muddy river. Oh jeez, Mud, you really do need me. He didn’t know how much longer she would have survived on her own if she had been thinking about body slamming the feral coyotes she encountered…

One of ‘em. His partner in crime was the other favourite. At least, that’s what Sachiel liked to think. He did not know if they were actually the Edge Lords’ favourites, but he liked to think so. They were the most well-behaved and obedient of the Edge wolves and had been there since the beginning… and they actually had their heads screwed on (mostly) right. Um, he started, his maw canted slightly to the side, I’d imagine anything with feathers. I don’ like 'em much myself. Birds, although incredibly different to catch and a worthy treasure for the Edge Lords, weren’t the most appealing snack. Far too much work to get to the meat below the mess of feathers… it wasn’t worth it. Not when a plump rabbit or mouse would do just fine.

x