(See All?) Announcements
614 Users Online
Bing, Neo, Google

green tea melody — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 36 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Chamomile
Open to two others! || RE: Chamomile, you hear the bizarre croak of a blue heron. || Afternoon, Overcast Clouds, 46.4 ° F, 8 ° C

Most of Chamomile's time in the Bend had been spent with the almost-yearlings. In fact he was rather fond of the bunch. @Corsair seemed eager to learn along with being a genuinely nice wolf. He had also recently met @Ayla due to an unexpected clash of eagles. Which was where his mind traveled to when a bizarre sound filled the air. The earthy male liked to think that he was well-versed in all sorts of creatures but this was unlike anything he had ever heard before.

His face grew a pensive look as his green eyes looked around. Where had the sound come from? Curiosity crunched at his mind so he set off at a brisk trot to figure out where the croaking sound was coming from.

Played by Ghost who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mabel Donata

It had been Mabel and her sibling’s birthday the day before and while their mother and father had done their best to make things normal it was definitely tense. It didn’t help that the female alpha was absolutely huge and grouchy all the time so the cream coloured pup had done her best not to be disappointed. They were adults now, and it was evident that things wouldn’t be the same as how they were - maybe never again. Not only that but it was also clear that it was time for them to start thinking about roles and how they would really contribute to the pack.

The yearling had been considering being a scout quite a bit, she could spend most of her time out and away without upsetting anyone or being in trouble. That sounded pretty good to Mabel. She had been heading for the exit when a strange sound had made her pause, what the hell was that? The expression on her face might have been comical if anyone had been around to see it but fortunately she was alone for now.

Changing directions she headed towards the strange croaking without a second thought, she had to find the source of the sound. A couple minutes later she saw Chamomile’s dark figure up ahead and she chuffed at him to get his attention, ”What the hell is that sound?” He would surely know.

[Image: mabel_by_becuffin-dbafpqz.png]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Chamomile
@Mabel sorry for the wait!!

The small figure of Chamomile halted. He had expected to hear another croak instead of the questioning voice of the now yearling Donata. His ears stood tall and he paid her full attention. A thoughtful look swept over his face. "I'm not totally sure but my best guess is some kind of weird frog or bird. Wanna help me find it?" As if it was beckoning the duo, another croak broke the brief silence. He motioned with his head as he began to move again.

Perhaps if it was a bird they could catch it for the caches. If it was a tasty one. He had no interest in bringing any tiny, flimsy creatures back for the cache. His ears pressed forward to try and catch which direction the sound was coming from. He could only hope Mabel was doing the same.
[Image: otbsig2_by_euphoriclies-d9q13rs.png]
currently seeking teaching or advising threads
interested in your wolf learning? pm me!
Played by Ghost who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mabel Donata

Chamomile was pretty cool in Mabel’s opinion, he was only a year older than her but he was already out living in a new pack away from his family and working on a role. Even if his desired role was to spend all his time with the incoming demons and teach them how to be wolves, it was still alright she guessed. Because until her younger siblings made their entrance that meant that Mabel and the now yearlings had his full attention and that was just what she liked. So, when he turned to her and gave her a familiar smile the yearling returned it without hesitation and her own tail wagged behind her.

Brows furrowed and she made a humming sound at his guess, ”Have you ever heard a bird or frog sound like that before?” Or was the whole world turning upside down this spring, not just the Bend? Nodding enthusiastically at his suggestion Mabel fell silent, pressing forward as quickly as she could without making too much of a racket and scare away their prize. At first it seemed as if this had all been a dream and the Donata was about to halt and announce that it must have left when another croak echoed loudly from just to her right.

Quickly turning and pressing her belly into the dirt so that a nearby bush would hide her large frame her eyes widened when she saw the heron. It was huge, she had never seen a bird so big before. Though definitely lighter than her it easily stood taller than Mabel even at her highest point. A smile spread across her features as she glanced at Chamomile, this was going to be good.

[Image: mabel_by_becuffin-dbafpqz.png]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Chamomile
teacher demonstration(?) 1/3

It made him feel a bit more confident when the yearlings didn't shoo him off. It meant he wasn't being annoying or overbearing. Which definitely made the whole teaching job a bit easier.

"Once. If I recall correctly, my mother was taking me through this marsh place. I think I was a bit younger than you are now." He chuckled realizing that kind of made him sound old. "It about scared me out of my fur." Chamomile was pretty sure his mom had poked fun at him about the incident for weeks to come but he never minded. The whole thing had been kind of funny. "A blue heron." He suddenly spoke, the nostalgia coming back to him in waves. This was certainly it. The bird that had caused him to be laughed at for weeks on end.

The croak forced him to realize that the bird was pretty much right there. Lucky for them he was small and blended in well enough. Although he made sure to lower himself closer to the earth as Mabel had so rightly done. He met the yearling's smile with a smile of his own. "Not sure how good it is to eat but we can try to catch it?"

[Image: otbsig2_by_euphoriclies-d9q13rs.png]
currently seeking teaching or advising threads
interested in your wolf learning? pm me!