[bwp] return to sender — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 60 posts.
Inactive Pup
SeeJay
South Cedarwoods, Late Evening, Broken Clouds, 64.4 ° F, 18 ° C

well who's gonna save me

from all i'm up against in this world

The girl had exhausted herself by crying and ended up falling asleep somewhere on the trip. She didn't know how far they had carried her or where they were taking her. All she knew was she was alone (as far as she could tell) when she woke up. It was dark which usually signified sleep but she wasn't tired. She was still scared, the image of Laurel burned into her mind.

"L-L-Laurel!" The Hervok child weakly cried out. How odd it was for it to be a practical stranger the child called for and not her family. But her family wasn't on her mind right now. It was the memory of the scarred boy that was freshest and thus who she wept for. Her pudgy form toddled about as she tried to make sense of the place.

Then there was a rumble of her stomach. Suddenly she was very much reminded of her mother. In her confusion, frustration and pure sadness she began to wail making her a prime target for the coyotes to return back to.

(This post was last modified: Jul 01, 2018, 03:19 AM by Caelia.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Pinn who has 460 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

Celandine had long ago surmised that survival was interesting. Survival meant having an adequate amount of food, an endless supply of water, and an keen avoidance of danger. Those three things could keep death at bay for a while, though oblivion would find them all in the end. Those requirements were not unique to her, as every form of life she'd ever known seemed to have the same. Unfortunately, the Argyris had another necessity that, to her, was equally as pressing. By nature, Cela craved entertainment, in all of it's forms. Whether mental, or physical, she needed it. When her mind had nothing to work on, her paws ached to move. When her paws could not wander, her brain shot into overdrive. She'd mastered the balance, but with two cubs now tipping the scales, it seemed as though stimulation was hard to come by.

So when her cubs finally found themselves old enough to be without her for a significant period of time, she made it a point to find something to do. After laying her scent along the borders, the woman turned North. She hadn't intended on being gone so long, but fate, and her paws seemed to have other plans. In fact, she was about to start heading home when an unfamiliar cry touched her ears. Interest piqued, the woman crept forwards, noting the stink of coyotes on the air. There was another scent too, something far less disgusting, or perhaps, even more. 

Sirens should have gone off in her head the second she laid eyes on the cub, but there didn't seem to be anyone else around. Aside from the scent of vermin, and the child before her, there was nothing. How.. interesting. Tilting her head to one side, the woman spoke. "Hello darling."

Have you seen my OOC preferences?
[Image: YCWYGS9.png]
Inactive Pup
SeeJay

don't be my last strange encounter

Her wails seemed to hush at the sound of a voice. This figure looked less like the almost-wolf-things and more like an actual wolf. Almost like her mother but something was off. The voice did not match the memory and neither did the scent. But she was so terribly alone and the voice sounded nice enough.

"H-hi." She hiccuped from her previous crying fit, trying to blink away the tears that had built in her eyes. Previously she might have asked who the stranger was but she remembered that was how she had winded up in this mess in the first place. All because of one little question she had managed to get Laurel in trouble with the almost-wolf-things.

Hesitantly she shuffled a bit closer. Then she spotted what looked a lot like the place she remembered getting food from. Her stomach grumbled as if to usher the girl onward to her prize. Carefully she prowled forward as if being quiet enough would allow her to sneak under the woman without her knowing.

Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

Celandine's head tilted ever-so-slightly to the right as the girl spoke. How had this girl come to be in the forest all alone? Where were her parents? Why did she smell so... much like coyote? Piecing it together in her mind made just as little sense, when she considered the fact that the cub seemed unharmed. Huh. Now all that begged question, was what she planned on doing about it. Unfortunately, Celandine didn't have much time to think before the girl came stumbling forward, her sights set on food, or warmth. Instinctively, the woman flashed her teeth. This wasn't Anduin, or Vaeda, and whatever resources she still held were not meant for this girl. 

Still, she was curious, and she hadn't decided what was to be done about this... rather unexpected guest. With a sigh, the woman settled herself. In exchange for information, what little the girl might be able to give her, she would allow it this once. "And what is your name, my sweet?" Her voice was all honey, but her eyes were dark.

(This post was last modified: Jul 01, 2018, 12:03 AM by Celandine.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer carcass being picked over by three coyotes. They spot you and become territorial of their kill.
Played by Maeby who has 144 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Macha Archer
Macha ARCHER
You are the vision I'm looking for.

Ergot, Lavender hyssop, and White fir. These were the things that Macha and her company would be gathering today, if at all possible. Having mapped out the area on her own time previously, the young Archer thought that this specific location would be the perfect place to kill three birds with one stone. Or so that's what she told Nellie. It wasn't that they didn't need these specific herbs lining up their medicinal quarters, all three were quite prominent in their own way when it came to basic health concerns. However, it was the Moon Mother that whispered to her, begging to guide her dark paws to the forest. The Deity was persistent, and there had never before been an instance where the witch wasn't needed when her God beckoned. Though a shopping trip was easier to pass off, so that's what she went with when she asked the autumn iridescent-coated fae to accompany her.

It all happened so fast. First came the cry of a helpless foreign youth, then came the familiar scent of her respected alpha, and then the horrendous perfume of those repulsive vagrant coyote's wafted through the young girl's nostrils. "This can't be good." Macha's tone was urgent as she sprinted toward the scene. "Celandine!"

[Image: 9lnGsxY.png]
[Image: Ms48YtV.png]
Check profile for preferences, Noemie can jump into any of my threads at any time.
Played by Pinn who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

Nellie would have preferred to stick close to home, but when Macha got something in her head, there was no stopping it. So she followed after her cousin in search of the various plants their medicinal den required. Oddly enough, they had been following Celandine's trail for some time now. Maybe she too was in need of Ergot. Ha! As if the woman had any useful plant knowledge. It wasn't for lack of education either. Elenora had tried more than once to get the pale woman to learn some of the less basic uses for lavender. The alpha just never seemed to care.

She tasted the coyotes long before an unfamiliar cry pierced the air. Pale eyes flickered wildly to Macha. "The 'ell?" When they came upon the scene, Nellie was quick to note the strangeness of it. Celandine settled onto the ground, a strange cub hovering nearby, and three coyotes. Gods, couldn't it have been like.. a mountain lion, or something? She was sick of seeing coyotes.

Message me for threads! Especially if you've got an Archer or a Lyall!
Inactive Pup
SeeJay

don't be my last strange encounter

Her ears quickly pressed against her crown as her belly sunk towards the ground. C.J. had seen that look before and she knew it was best to give in. Especially after what happened when she tried to defy what Laurel wanted.

Although the strangest thing happened, the female fixed her position and suddenly food was available. The young Hervok was eager to get what she could so she latched on while the opportunity was present. Although a question was asked of her not far into her suckling. If this had been her mother she would have ignored it and carried on but this was a stranger. Caelia figured if she wanted more food she ought to do what was asked of her. "'m SeeJay." The exact introduction she had given to her jagged friend. With that out of the way she went back to filling her stomach.

Only to be interrupted again.

There were more voices and the scent of those almost-wolf-things suddenly became stronger again. Then there were more strangers. Both darker than the woman she had been suckling from which automatically made them not friends. Caelia liked being the only shadow figure around. The child had no clue what to do other than seek refuge against the pale plushness of the female closest to her.

Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

"I'm SeeJay." It was an odd name, to be sure, but then, was any name normal? A snapped twig to her left forced her ear to swivel, and her gaze to flicker towards the sound. Coyotes. With a sigh, the woman made to stand, but the cub snuggled closer into her fur. Well fuck. With her own cubs at home, Celandine knew that her safety was paramount, and if she had to carry the child then she would be in danger herself. No. She had to leave it there. The girl wouldn't suffer too much. Not once the vermin got to her. Thinking her decision was made, the alpha let her bright eyes dance across the inky girl's brow once more, and another, even heavier sigh poured into the air. Gods she was going soft. 

The crashing sound of an approach to the right forced her gaze upwards once more, and she angled herself protectively over SeeJay. Lips drawn back, Celandine released what she hoped to be an intimidating growl. If worse really came to worse, she would undoubtedly save herself, but until then, the alpha would try. That's when Macha's familiar song touched her ears. "There." The pale fae nodded to her left, where the coyotes had been.

Played by Maeby who has 144 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Macha Archer
Macha ARCHER
You are the vision I'm looking for.

She hadn't much time for investigation though with the few seconds she spared to glance over the situation Macha had noted Celandine's presence and caught a glimpse at the small puppy she'd heard crying moments ago. What was Pookastone's alpha doing this far away from home with a pup that hadn't belonged to hers? Well, questions would have to wait, though she sure hoped that something scandalous hadn't been unfolding before their arrival. "Got it." The fae confirmed back to the winter-kissed woman after locking her target. "Let's go, Nellie" She said in an agitated tone, quite sick of fighting these damned things.

With vicious snarls and gnashing teeth, the young witch charged at the predators. How low were they to sneak up on a woman and a small pup? Were easy targets their go-to? Pathetic.

[Image: 9lnGsxY.png]
[Image: Ms48YtV.png]
Check profile for preferences, Noemie can jump into any of my threads at any time.