(See All?) Announcements
71 Users Online
Google, Kerberos, Bing, Daesamar, Vaken

We are running — Pookastone Scowle 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 413 posts.
Pookastone Scowle II. Leader
Celandine Argyris
@Skoll Sorry this is so small, but I figured I'd get something up. Backdated to after this thread.

There was much to discuss once Celandine returned to the Scowle, and for once, it wasn't just Morganna's approval that she craved. After leaving the cub to Nellie, and stopping over to let Morganna in on their latest development, the woman wasted no time in heading back to their den. Being that darkness had already descended upon the Lore, Celandine assumed the children to be asleep. Thankfully though, their father seemed to be... less tied to the sun's schedule. Hoping that she'd catch him awake, the alpha whispered, "My love?" And then, as if he couldn't smell it all over her, "Something has happened."

Played by Grey who has 426 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Sköll Archer
When nightfall had come over Relic Lore, Skoll's eyes had fluttered open just as his son and daughter found themselves tangled up in the depths of slumber. For a time, he tenderly groomed the bases of their ears and combed his teeth over the back of both cubs' napes. He hoped it helped them sleep; these little gestures of fatherly affection were never given halfheartedly and he cherished every moment they were nestled up beside him. Anduin and Vaeda would not be this little for long.

He carefully stood up and tiptoed out, relieving himself and stretching his willowy limbs for the night to come. It was a decent night, not too cold and not too warm, but there was something in the air that the Archer could not place. He ducked his crown back into the den before curling up not too far from its entrance. In the night and under a cloak of shadows, he was not easily seen, save for the glimmer of his pale irises.

"My love?"

His ears came forward. Celandine had returned, "Something has happened." Concern was the first to hit him before giving way to curiosity and sense of possession, defending and protecting what was his. He crawled out into the open air, his nose twitching as he looked her over. It would have been easier to just acknowledge that there was a mess of wilderness that clung to his mate's coat, but he could not let the scent of youth, rogue and vermin slide past him.

At first his brow only furrowed, wordlessly demanding her to further expound on what she had to say, but then he realized there were other pressing matters he had to address first, "Are you all right? Were you followed?"
Celandine Argyris

Bright eyes flickered over his features, running across the silver of his maw, and following the scars back up to his furrowed brow. She wished that for just a moment she could enter his mind, to know what he was thinking before the words fell from his lips. Celandine had always considered herself good at reading others and gauging one's reaction before it became a reality, but it was harder with him. She could never quite place what he was going to say, or how he was going to say it. It was thrilling, and frustrating all at the same time. Maybe that's why the leader found him so.. deliciously fascinating. "I'm fine. They ran off at the sight of your daughter and Nellie, so I doubt that they've followed us." Not that it mattered. Three more of those disgusting creatures would hardly make a difference.

"I'm not sure whether I've done something reckless, or brilliant." Which of the given options would he consider her choice? The woman thought to make him wait, to make him ask for it, but his wordless demand was begging an answer, and her consciousness wanted to oblige. "I found a child. She was completely, and utterly alone." Save for the coyotes. "And I've brought her home. Not that I had much of a choice with the girls there." Macha loved her children, and Nellie had always been so soft.

[Image: YCWYGS9.png]
Played by Grey who has 426 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Sköll Archer
"I'm fine." She relieved him of his primary and secondary concerns, "They ran off at the sight of your daughter and Nellie, so I doubt that they've followed us." His lips drew into a straight black line along his marred muzzle and he found himself still staring at her, just wanting her to spit it all out. To explain everything...

"I'm not sure whether I've done something reckless, or brilliant." His teeth ground together and he had to keep himself from shaking his head at her, to keep from allowing disbelief to come over him.

Then, there came the words. Ones he had hoped would never be uttered. "I found a child. She was completely, and utterly alone." This was the past coming back to haunt him. Mapplethorpe's doing. Undeniable karma. His fur bristled as she told him that she had brought the cub home and he took a step back, as if to bar the entrance from anyone going in or coming out.

He fell silent for several moments. His head bowed and his ears fell back; he had to think and think fast. His eyes were trained on the ground but he did not dare look at her. To stare into her face, wide-eyed and so very close to causing an uproar, could have been construed as a challenge. He did not dare waste his energy on a fight. At least, not now.

"Celandine," he pronounced her name carefully, as if each syllable had to be heard in its own right. It was calculating... too wary for his own good. "The last time this happened, I was on the other end of it. My brother Deacon was taken away and I ran after him. I found the first pack I could find and I..." His tone had grown heavy, laced with a darkness that was characteristically his. It was perhaps enigmatic at best, but to the untrained ear, it was easily unsettling and alarming. He wanted her fur to stand on end too.

"I killed them. I took their Leader, and when I came back, my brother had been recovered." His eyes flicked upwards towards her face if only to get a glimpse at what emotion he might find there in those pale irises. It was taking everything he had in him to keep from flashing his teeth at her. Not in aggression but in outright fear. "Tell me. Tell me right now that you plan to return her."
Celandine Argyris

Skoll's reaction was unexpected, almost jarring, as he stepped away from her. Bright eyes flickered to his face, searching for anything that might give her some insight, but the Archer's gaze remained steadfast on the ground. He was thinking, she knew, but what was he thinking? Her answer came shortly thereafter, but it wasn't the simple 'Ok.' she had been looking for. 

The way he said her name, the way his tongue rolled over every syllable, made her feel like a child who'd been caught doing something wrong. Her jaw set with an audible clack from her teeth. Had it been anyone else, Cela might have taken it as a slight, or felt her tail arch over the small of her back, but as it stood, she would do no such thing. 

As his tone shifted to something... darker, Celandine felt her fur bristle against the moonlight. There was something about it that made her uneasy. Not that she was afraid, but rather, cautious. This was a side of Skoll that she didn't know, and yet it didn't seem wrong.  Perhaps the woman had always known of it's existence in some offhanded-afterthought kind of way. Perhaps she had always assumed that it had to exist, because his mind worked in much the same way that her's did, but to see it was thrilling. Cela was hung on his every word, clinging to each syllable as it fell so precisely from his lips, but she already knew how it would end. She could hear it in his voice.

And there it was. The answer to not one, but two of her questions. Her brows knit themselves together for just a moment, as realization struck. "Of course. Of course. I'll send someone to the Ridge in the morning to see if they've heard anything, and if anyone comes looking for her in the meantime, then they're free to have her." She hoped that that might settle some of the concerns he had. "I couldn't place the scent on her. There was a male with her at some point, but no trace of a female. No trace of a pack. She reeks of coyote, and she was starving." But now her mind was working, and the gears were turning, and the woman found that she wasn't quite so sure of her decision anymore. "Skoll.." Her voice was even, and grounded as she chanced a step forward.

(This post was last modified: Jul 20, 2018, 11:12 AM by Celandine.)
[Image: YCWYGS9.png]