(See All?) Announcements
327 Users Online
Google, Apolline, Bing, Oleander, Apollo

There's no grave. — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: for @Moonshadow but more welcome (especially FTC wolves). First part of Garmir's scout expedition.

Lets try this again. The trail went from here.... that way. Garmir was recounting his earlier time coming here in search of @Triell, when he had been just few days behind him, still able to scent the revered lord of Charred Ash Draw. Unsettling sight of broken avalance had cut the trail short and also obstructed Garmir's path forward, leaving his search inconclusive. He had went around, talked to few wolves and even tried to search for body but alas, he had eventually had to return back to @Treyah with empty paws.

Garmir hated leaving his tasks half finished and so he returned back to the area now that summer had come. He was standing now on a spot where the trail had vanished underneath the piles of snow. From here, it was just uphill towards the mountains. As Garmir surveyed the area, he could still see marks left behind by the event, even if nature hid the scars of such destruction well. Few trees not rooted well enough to the ground had fallen or been swept off completely. There were some that had snapped in half. Undergrowth had suffered in areas but it was hard to notice unless you put your eyes into it.

The scout looked up. Ahead mountain of Dire stood tall and imposing. If Garmir failed to find Triell's body here, he would have to try climp the mountain or find some passage through or around it in hope of reaching the other side. Perhaps Triell had made it and.. something had forced him to remain. No, even Garmir knew there was little hope at this point but he was devoted.

He sighed and then turned his eyes to the surrounding ground again. Finding bones here would take a while but he wasn't going to half ass this. He would not stop, not until he was confident there was no grave here. Garmir put his nose into it and begin to slowly move back and forth, making sure to sniff through every last rock, tree and patch of dirt in hope of finding something. While he was focused on this, he did remember to swirl his ears around to make sure he would not be jumped on by coyotes.

Scout demostration 1/3

(This post was last modified: Jul 13, 2018, 08:47 PM by Garmir.)
[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

She needed a break, even if it was for a few hours. She just needed to get out of the cove for a breather. So making sure that her children especially @Staryn were occupied and wouldn't follow her Moonshadow made her way over the rocky terrain of the mountain. It felt nice to take a deep breath of fresh mountain air. Long dark limbs moved with ease and grace over the rock at a quick trot before slowing to a walk so that she could enjoy the scenery. It wasnt long before a beautiful sort of disaster scene panned out before her. Trees were torn down, rocks were sitting atop one another in an almost antigravity way. Silver ears flicked around as she surveyed the scene and wondered what had happened. The onyx woman wouldn't have much time to think about it for the scent of another reached her nostrils. Silver eyes fell on a earthy toned male that was stood smaller than she did. He seemed to be intently looking for something as he sniffed each and every object it seemed. Moon didnt want to interrupt but maybe she could help. So she let out a bark in greeting. Her body language was neutral and welcoming with her signature warm smile on her maw.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
In the distance there is a large pack of coyotes howling.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Moonshadow

Despite trying to remain as alert as he could be, Garmir was so focused in his task of finding even faintest of scent of Triell... or decaying corpse that he was briefly startled by the dark female that seemed to just outright pop into existance and bark at Garmir. His head suddenly rose, ears pointed and alert, his tail even briefly rising as he locked his sights on the newcomer. A quick threat assasment later Garmir was already relaxing, the stranger not showing any outward signs of aggression. Garmir's tail came down again and his ears moved to the sides, the Charred Ash Draw scout eyeing at the stranger a little while longer before shouting his greethings. "Hello. Who are you?"

Before any further words could be exchanged a distinct sound of coyotes, a fairly large pack for what it seemed announced its presence. The howls came least few miles away but it served as a reminder to stay on alert and quiet, Garmir's ears now rotating towards the sound of hollering.

The earthen male kept his eyes on the dark female, displaying himself neutrally with not outwardly hostile posturing, but neither excessively friendly one either.

Scout demostration 2/3

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

It would seem that her attempt to not startle the stranger failed. His head shot up along with his tail as green orbs met her silver ones. The onyx woman didnt take offence to his stance for she would have done the same if someone startled her. She was glad to see that after a moment the earthy male relaxed and asked who she was. Before she could answer though he sound of coyotes were heard howling in the distance. Silver dusted ears splayed out to the sides as she looked around gauging how far they were. She came to the same silent conclusion that Garmir did, they were a good few miles away but Moon needed to make sure they stayed that way, away from her home. With a slow wave of her tail her smile returned as she spoke "Im Moonshadow Eastfall, from Fallen Tree Cove" She motioned her head towards the lake. "And you are?" She asked politely.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Moonshadow

With coyotes being relatively near, Garmir did not want to waste much time. Minimal pleasantries should be enough - he still had much ground to nose through. He nodded to her introduction, less cordially than what he typically did in first contacts - but seeming friendly enough regardless. His posture was now relaxed. Had she intent to harm him, she would have not barked to announce her presence. "Garmir. From Charred Ash Draw." -He replied in turn, remembering to add; "pleased to meet you."

Right away he got back to his search. He wasn't sure what he was really trying to find, a corpse perhaps. Even if he did he wasn't sure if @Triell 's scent would still remain on decaying body - if there was much of a body left even at this point. Had the Lord of Charred Ash Draw died here, Garmir expected at best to find nothing but bones. He realized it was rude to just leave the stranger without attention and so he murmured through his work to her explanation. "I apologize for my manners right now, but I am in haste. Say.. do you know if anyone has died here.. or if any of your members have found a corpse in this area?"

Scout demostration 3/3

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

I am so sorry! Ive just lost my mojo but I feel like Im good now

She shared Garmir's sense of urgency. These coyotes had been a menace around the mountain lately and could suddenly appear at any time. The dark monarch would listen though and was pleased to hear that he was from a neighboring pack that as far as Moon knew were allies. "Pleased to meet ya as well." she replied with a small dip of her head. The onyx woman hadn't personally met anyone from the Draw but she had heard nothing but good things about them. Mercury orbs watched the earthy man go back to the task at hand curious what it was he was looking for. It wouldn't be long before she found out as Garmir asked if she or her packmates had found a body out  here. Her ears flicked back as each one of the cove's fallen flashed in her mind. Regaining composure her ears flicked back up "None that weren't our own and not this far from the borders that I am aware of. Im sorry" she explained a tone of sadness in her words. Losing someone and not knowing if they were alive or not was a feeling Moonshadow knew all too well.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Fallen tree pack had lost a member? Had Garmir had time to inquire about it further he might have tried to subtly do so, but right now Triell was priority of this scout expedition. He put mental note behind his ear to perhaps visit the cove later. A courtesy visit perhaps to strenghten relations, should @Treyah agree to it. He wasn't exactly sure where the pack was located but he should be able to find it, with her pointing the direction already.

"Im sorry to hear that.." -He tried to offer some hasty form of condolances, before putting his effort into searching again. He could multitask enough to keep up conversation while looking for clues, though she had already provided him more encouragement to support his theory that Triell indeed had survived the avalance.. if he had even been present during the time. There's no grave here.

Garmir lifted his head up from the ground again and then turned his gaze towards the mountain that was looming over them. He turned his eyes towards her - since she propably knew the local area better than him. "If I tried to cross to the other side of that thing..." -Garmir nodded towards the giant formation. "..Where should I do it?" -He asked, trying to think what route Triell might have taken if he indeed made the crossing.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The earthy man offered his condolences for which she appreciated. "Thanks" she said quietly as she watched him go back to his search. As a few moments of silence fell between the pair the Cove matriarch's mind drifted once again to those the cove has lost. A guardian, a queen, a friend, and three too many children. Through all the tragedy the Cove has been able to persevere somewhat remarkably. Were they perfect? Absolutely not but they had one another. They were family no matter what.

Moon was pulled once more from her thoughts as Garmir paused his search and looked up. She followed his gaze to the towering peak of Mount Dire then met his gaze. He asked how he would go about crossing the mountain. She took a moment to think for she had never actually fully crossed it but she supposed she knew how to get from one side to the other. "The route I know best is to pass by Lost Lake" she explained with a small smile. "It sits hidden within the mountain but there's a path to the other side once ya go around the lake. I can show ya if ya would like" She offered. The lake was large and going around it could get confusing if one took a wrong turn. So helping an ally on his journey wasnt something that required a second thought.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

She was willing to guide him for part of his journey? That was awfully generous offer Garmir could hardly refuse. He bowed his head in recognition and thanked her proper. "It would be great help if you were to sacrifice your time like that. I thank you." In fact, Garmir saw it as an favor he might some day have to return to her. If anything, he would certainly tell @Treyah about Moonshadow's gesture.

He took a final glance of the site around him and then came to his conclusion. @Triell had not died here. He certainly did not have whole picture but he knew almost definately now that there would be no grave here. There was still hope that Lord of the Charred Ash Draw was still alive and kicking.. but where? Perhaps Garmir were to find answers beyond the mountains, if Triell indeed crossed it.

He was ready to move and with the coyotes still nearby, Garmir did not want to waste much more time. He looked at the towering mountain before them and then turned his eyes on her, offering a gentle smile, someting he had been practicing a little as of late. "Shall we go?"