(See All?) Announcements
904 Users Online
Vasco, Bing, Apollo, Google, Claw, Juniper

just last the year — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nams who has 36 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark

BUT PLANT YOUR HOPE WITH GOOD SEEDS, DON'T COVER YOURSELF WITH THISTLE AND WEEDS

He goes there a lot! That was all Makvala needed to hear to be interested; to be honest, all she needed to hear was lake and she wanted to be there… Oksana asked her to promise something, what it was, Makvala wasn’t really listening to… she promised immediately after Oksana had finished speaking. “I promise! I promise!” She just wanted to go and she’d promise everything and anything in order to go… she was just that desperate for some sense of a thrill like she felt when she headed past the borders, but before they were attacked by coyotes.

Her tail wagged furiously behind her, crouched down and ready to go whenever the older girl decided to start leading them. She needed to get rid of her case of the zoomies as soon as possible, and that meant a trip to the lake… a lake was pretty much just a really big river, right? She’d be fine – she’d been near the river a lot.

Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana had wanted a promise that Makvala would listen to her and do what she said. It would have been one thing had there not been so many coyote's. Even more so if she didn't have a permanent injury but she did and there were. They would have to be extra careful, she didn't know what would happen if something happened to the girl. Thankfully Makvala did promise and all the crow could hope was that she would keep that promise. “Okay let's go then.”

It was a fair distance to the lake but she was sure the young Stark could make it. Oksana had made it plenty of times when she was that age. The crow led the way toward the border making sure her little charge was right behind her. “It feels like it's been forever since I was your age,” she stated to for conversation sake, “I was quite the adventurer too and would go to the lake often. We're much closer than we used to be.”

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark
So sorry about this wait! The semester hit me like a truck - 3-4 more rounds and we can wrap it up?

BUT PLANT YOUR HOPE WITH GOOD SEEDS, DON'T COVER YOURSELF WITH THISTLE AND WEEDS

Makvala grinned goofily at her – Oksana wasn’t that old, silly! She might not know exactly how old all the adults were, but she’d heard her parents refer to Oksana as a yearling, which was different from an adult, which meant she was about a year older than Oksana. Makvala prided herself in actively remembering that little fact she’d picked together through listening to conversations. “Where did ya used to be?” Mak asked confused, her head tilted to the side slightly. She hadn’t known they’d used to live somewhere else!? Did she just not remember it?

Logically, the thought would be that it happened before she was born… but that wasn’t how her brain was working on it. “You came here a lot?” She asked, skipping along, her curiosity bubbling around her. It did leave her with many more questions to ask, but that would all come in due time.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
No worries.

Oksana didn't really like to think of her time in Hearthwood even though she knew the place had meant a lot to her mother. For Oksana it was just a string of bad memories but when Makvala asked where they used to be she offered a smile. “It's a place that isn't far from the surge called Hearthwood River. I was born there.” She didn't know how much Lachesis had told his daughter of where the pack had resided before they'd come to the surge so she left it at that to allow the young Stark to ask more questions if she wanted.

The trail she'd chosen to take to the lake was a familiar one for the crow. She'd begun taking it after her injury because it was an easier path on her injured leg. “I did up until I got hurt and couldn't leave the territory. It's always been a quiet place to come. Since I was little I've wanted to swim to the islands,” she admitted, “I need a little more practice though.”

(This post was last modified: Oct 12, 2018, 10:52 PM by Oksana.)
Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark

Makvala was sure she’d heard the name before, but sometimes when her ma or pa were talking, she just zoned out… which, actually, might be part of her issues with not following the rules. She’d have to ask her parents more about it, because she couldn’t quite remember what they had said about the place. “Ah think ma and pa ‘ave talked about it before… but Ah might ‘ave fallen asleep before I heard ‘em talk about it in any detail.” She didn’t want to admit that she would zone out when her parents were talking about a place that Oksana seemed to care a lot about… that might hurt her feelings, and Mak didn’t want to be like that.

The girl brought up her leg and how it had been injured. “S’feeling better tho, right?” She asked with concern hinting at her features – she didn’t know anything about medicine or healing like her paw, in fact, she didn’t know much other than how to walk and run and get into mischief, so she had no idea how far the crow was on her recovery route, but the little sparrow was curious… Oksana was family, part of the pack… and Mak cared very much about family.

“We can practice together! Mama says I’m too young to go that far into the water, but m’growin’ more and soon I’m sure I’ll be allowed to soon!” That was the one rule she had managed to follow – not going too far into the water. It was too dangerous, mama said, and after the coyotes, she didn’t want to dabble with dangerous.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana gave Makvala the chance to ask whatever she wanted about Hearthwood. She didn't want the young Stark to feel she couldn't ask. She felt that whatever bad things had happened it was still important for the younger generation to know since Hearthwood was part of the surges history. To tell you the truth I probably wouldn't have been able to sit through many long boring talks when I was your age either, she said smiling down at the younger girl. If you would like I can tell you anything you might like to know. My mum told me a lot before the pack moved.

Out if a subconscious habit when Makvala asked about her leg she looked down at the damaged limb. Its feeling much better now. I've fully recovered but it won't ever be the same, she admitted. There were times that it still hurt but she was getting used to it and she felt that it was getting stronger. She thought with time and patience it would get much better, at least she was determined to succeed even with a bum leg.

After mentioning the lake and her plans the younger girl seemed excited about practicing with her. Oksana couldn't help but smile, It doesn't matter if your not big enough yet. We can work in the shallower water until you've gotten better. We can practice together and I can help you.

Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark

Oksana spoke the truth – it was hard to focus on everything her parents said all the time, and the certainly were boring talks more often than not! She offered to tell the girl anything she might want to know, and it piqued Mak’s curiosity just enough to prod at the biggest mystery of the present time. “Why’d we leave?” She knew that the River had been where the old pack was, and that they moved, but she didn’t know why; whether it be her simply zoning out during the explanation or her parents not telling them exactly why they left to begin with, she didn’t know.

She was glad that the girls paw was feeling better, a puppy-ish grin on her features when she said that. It would never feel the same? It felt different but it was fully healed? Why? She figured she’d ask Papa about it, since he was a healer, surely he would know. She then mentioned working in the shallower water, and Mak nodded vigorously in return, evidently eager. “Sounds like loads of fun!” She cheered as she added a little hop to her step. They were almost there, and Mak could make out the edge of the tree line that marked where the shore began, just ahead was the lake!

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

When she offered to answer any questions that Makvala had about Hearthwood River she wasn't expecting the one that was asked. Still she should have known it was coming, why would they leave if they already had a home. “A lot happened before we left. Bad things that left everyone with bad memories and your dad wanted to give everyone a chance to make better memories. I also think it had to do with the pack after my grandma died and your mom took her place I think your dad wanted to make the pack his own.” At least that was what she'd gathered from what she'd witnessed and what her mum had told her.

Oksana agreed that they could practice swimming but in the shallows water at first. She didn't want to take a chance on something happening to the pup. Of all the rules she'd been given this was in she knew better than to ignore. Again she smiled at Makvala’s enthusiasm. “It will be lots of fun and when you get really good at swimming you can come with me to the islands and then we can explore there.” That would be fun too and it would give them both a new place to explore that they hadn't yet.