(See All?) Announcements
407 Users Online
Google, Juniper, Apollo, Adelard

just last the year — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nams who has 36 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark
@Oksana - sorry this took so long to get up - I got called into work then forgot to post it.

Pour a little soul, you were never here

Trouble. She didn’t like getting into trouble, and she decided that she’d have to ask for permission to adventure from now on… grounded… That was something else she didn’t like – being grounded by her parents… seeing her mother get hurt to protect her because she had decided to stick her nose where it shouldn’t have been… and because she had brought Leith with her. She still thought that if he hadn’t gone yelling at the creature, then it wouldn’t have turned and run at them.

She sighed, a soft frown on her features as she stared glumly at a tree. She didn’t understand how Legolas was so content just lounging around all day like this. It was driving her crazy! Adventure was out there, and she was stuck here, near the den, unable to seek it out… unable to do what she wanted to do. It was infuriating. She started humming to herself, rolling over and sticking all of her paws up in the air to stare at the sky.

Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
No worries! Sorry it took me so long to post.

It was starting to seem to the crow that her front leg was as healed as it was going to get. Though she was a little disappointed Oksana was happy there wasn't anymore pain in her leg as she walked. Her limp was still there but not as noticeable as it once had been, she'd accepted that. Now came the part where she started to adapt to the way it was and her limitations.

Border patrols we're the way she'd decided to get back into her duties. It was mid morning when she'd finished up and was heading back to the den for some rest and to cool off. Passing through the territory she caught the scent of one of Lachesis and Lilya's pups. Deciding she should probably investigate the turn to find her. Oksana's limp slowed her some but she eventually came upon the pup. The humming reached her first and then she saw Makvala on her back with her feet in the air. I suppose that is one way to pass the time, she commented sitting back in her haunches.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark
@Oksana - It's all good <3

But plant your hope with good seeds, don't cover yourself with thistle and weeds

It was a voice that drew her attention away from how bored she was. She turned her head, paws still up in the air to see a jet black wolf, one of the adults, approaching her. She frowned at her. “M’grounded.” She explained glumly with a bit of a mumble to her speech as she rolled herself over, pushing up onto her paws before dropping her rump onto the ground. All she wanted to do was explore! Maybe, just maybe, she could convince this adult to take her on an adventure… then she’d be supervised, and surely that means that adventuring would be allowed… right? Her parents wouldn’t get mad at her for that, right?

She tilted her head at Oksana – she didn’t remember really seeing her around, but Makvala had never been too attentive to which adults were around, just whether or not there were adults present during her adventures or not. “I’m Mavakla.” She tried to say her full name like she heard her parents say it, but her syllables were still messed up… a fact which she was blissfully unaware. “S’your name?” She knew a couple names already: Ma, Pa, Leggy, and Lee! But she hadn’t really talked to the adults besides Ma and Pa, so she didn’t remember their names.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana wasn't so old that she didn't remember her days as a puppy, with everything that had happened how could she forget? She remembered the days of trying to find something to do which usually led to her trying to sneak out of the territory. She was usually successful in her attempts. As the young girl in front of her spoke an eyebrow raised, What did you get grounded for? She asked curiously. Grounded was something that the crow couldn't ever remember having as a punishment. Oksana also knew her mother hadn't really been around to ground her though.

The pup introduced herself, Oksana was already aware of her name having made a point to learn the names of all the pups. It was her first encounter with someone younger than she was and here she thought that now she was a yearling all the firsts had passed. It's nice to meet you Makvala, she said with a dip of her head. She didn't say anything about how the pup said her own name, she'd had trouble herself with her own name as a pup. I'm Sana, she replied when asked her own name.

Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark

BUT PLANT YOUR HOPE WITH GOOD SEEDS, DON'T COVER YOURSELF WITH THISTLE AND WEEDS

The question caused her to look at her paws, shifting uncomfortably before explaining what her and Leith had done just a couple days before. “I went where I wasn’t s’posed ta… the borders n’there were these mean creatures n’mum and pa had to fight ‘em off along with m’older brother…” She mumbled out, feeling a little ashamed of how things had played out in the end.

At least Sana seemed cool – willing to adventure, still willing to talk to her like she was a normal wolf… she thought the other adults, besides her parents, might have been really upset with her. “Nice ta meet you, Sana!” She managed to get Oksana’s nickname down properly, unlike her own where she misstated it previously. “M’not supposed ta go anywhere without n’adult anymore… would you take me on a ‘venture?” She asked, a pleading look in her eye as she begged the yearling for some sense of excitement.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana was curious what little Makvala had done to get herself grounded. Thankfully the stark girl was rather open about it and explained it all to the crow. Sounds like you had a bit of bad luck that day. The coyotes showing up after you made it to the borders. Oksana shook her head, I'm glad everyone's okay especially you and your brother. The dark yearling had yet to formally meet the other Stark pups.

Oksana smiled as Makvala declared that it was nice to meet her. She'd used her nickname to make it easier for the younger pup, she remembered how much trouble she'd had with her own name. She offered the girl a nod before she was soon being asked a big question. Well I'm not sure I'm what your parents had in mind, cause of her limp, but sure where would you like to go?” She felt it was important to spend time with the young Stark, what better way than an adventure.

Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark

BUT PLANT YOUR HOPE WITH GOOD SEEDS, DON'T COVER YOURSELF WITH THISTLE AND WEEDS

She was fairly certain the problem was that everyone wasn’t okay. Her mother had gotten a little scratched up and her father had to look after her injuries after the fight occurred… but she wasn’t going to talk about that, instead she simply nodded, still riddled with guilt when Oksana defended Makvala. She’d done something wrong, and she knew that because her ma and pa always told her to stay near the den and not wander that far… she just hadn’t listened because she’d thought the rule was stupid, but now she realized that it wasn’t.

Oksana said she wasn’t sure if she was what her parents had in mind, and Makvala frowned, a pleading look on her face. Her parents had never told her that there was an adult that couldn’t accompany her. “Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?” She begged before Oksana agreed and she grinned from ear to ear. “I wanna go somewhere new and exciting.” She had no set place in mind, just someplace that wasn’t near the den and surrounding area she’d been confined to for days now.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana hadn't really thought about how having the coyotes around would put a damper on the pups adventuring. She remembered as a pup Makvala’s age she was already crossing the border and exploring beyond. She was able to do it undetected but now it seemed the coyotes always showed up and ruined everything. With them around she herself was at a greater risk because of her leg even though she still went out on her own, she'd always broken rules though she was still careful.

She didn't have a problem taking the young Stark girl on an adventure. She just hoped that they didn't get caught or that Lachesis and Lilya wouldn't have a problem with her looking after their daughter with her leg. She'd agreed which seemed to have made the young girls day. Oksana thought about any places she knew that might be fun and exciting. “Has your father taken you to the lake? It's one of his favorite places, we could go there?” She suggested.

Inactive No Rank
Makvala Stark

When she asked about the lake, Makvala shook her head. She’d heard her father speak of it but she hadn’t gone there herself… it was more of a personal choice, because it was deeper in the territory, off to a side that’s border you couldn’t cross because of the water. “Lessgo!” She said eagerly with a smile and she waited for Oksana to point out which direction the lake actually was. “S’Pa’s favorite place?” She asked again – she’d heard her mother and father whisper something about a ‘lake worry’ before, but she had never ever thought it was the giant lake who hugged the territory on one side.

How could they keep it such a secret from her? Well, in retrospect, with the amount of adventuring that she did, they probably didn’t want her to drown or anything… that was what had made logical sense, but at this point in her life, she was anything but logical!

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Having been in recovery after her accident Oksana hadn't really had a chance to spend any time with the pups. Now was her chance and she wasn't going to pass it up. It was her chance to maybe show Makvala something or teach her something. It is his favorite place. I'm not really sure why he likes it so much but I know he likes to go there a lot. First things first was showing the little Stark girl her father's favorite place, she didn't think Lachesis would mind. Alright, I'll take you but you have to make me a promise. You have to promise you will listen to everything I say. She couldn't take a chance, she needed to know that Makvala would do as she was told with so many dangers out there now.

Oksana wouldn't move to lead the girl toward turtleback without the promise. She couldn't protect Makvala like a normal wolf could. If they were discovered by Coyotes that had an agenda Makvala could he hurt and it would be her fault, Oksana couldn't let that happen.

(This post was last modified: Aug 13, 2018, 06:08 AM by Oksana.)