398 Users Online
Google, Bing, Adelard, Eros, Apollo, Adora

The Noble Guard — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Trix who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Blitz Mizuno
For @Sven. Set several hours directly after this thread

The meeting had been productive and the celebration of Willow Ridge's prosperity enjoyable. The whole pack feasted well, dining on the succulent meat of the ram Sven and Ravenna had gifted them with. Even the children had partaken, experimentally sampling the meat. While trusting of Adeltra, Leotie and Enoki around his children, everyone else (with the exception of the alphas) was watched carefully. It seemed like his protective streak would never fully go away. But that's how Blitz was...it was in his nature to protect. Now more than ever, with pups in two and appointed as the lead guardian of the Ridge, he would go to the extreme to ensure safety of his extended family.

With a stomach bulging from the lot he had eaten, he had retired to the den for a few hours to sleep off his meal. Despite the peace in the air, his sleep was a restless one. His thoughts were ticking away, his mind busy with new prospects, potential worries and an array of potential scenarios. With much of the pack sated, resting or resuming their business, now was the perfect time for the inky coated male to catch a moment alone with Sven. He never had managed to invest quite as much personal time with his superior as he would have liked. But, understandably, both of them were busy men. As pushy as he was known to be in asserting his position, around the white alpha, Blitz always carried himself with an air of obedience and respect. He was after all, his Aunt's choice for a partner, thus far. In knowing their relation, he could not help but feel awkward, as if violating some sacred trust. The last thing he wanted was for her Nephew to feel threatened in any way. Blitz did not desire power, just recognition and the right to what he had earned. Awaking from his rest, he stretched out, checking on the children, stepping gingerly over their slumbering forms. Near the mouth of the den, he scented Sven nearby, likely waiting or having just awoken as well. As he emerged, in a rarely seen display of flat ears and a low tail, he approached the pale wolfs side. "I wanted to thank you earlier. Not just for...this. But for everything...for your acceptance." He rumbled in a low voice, eyes fixed ahead. "But I also have been having some thoughts..." His facial expression hardened some. "The children...our children..." He emphasized. Avella and Scully were not his by blood, but they were still pups...still family. "...they'll be more mobile than ever soon..." He trailed off. There was no need to finish, what with the fatherly hint of concern in his voice.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer

damned if i do & damned if i don't

so here's to drinks at the end of my road

Sven had been on his way to the river, to clean what was left of the blood in his fur and satiate the dryness in his throat. Blitz's approach didn't give him reason to pause; he continued his journey with the sea-born general at his side, ears turned to the side and eyes occasionally drifting his way to show the older man that he had his attention all the same.

His acceptance. Sven did appreciate the acknowledgement, as it had been difficult for him. To let someone else provide for @Ravenna, to share the privilege usually reserved for leaders with another male, to allow the man to have a relationship with Sven's own children. Certainly, none of it had been done for Blitz's sake, but rather solely for his age-mate, yet the Mizuno had benefited greatly. In time, he had earned something akin to trust from the pale leader, and while jealousy still reared its ugly head from time to time, Sven did not let this show.

"You've earned it," he responded, and he genuinely meant it.

Sven's ears then leaned back at the term 'our children,' but that wasn't any fault of Blitz's. Regardless, it was a valid concern, and certainly the slate-colored wolf's business not only as father of half the litter, but now as the man in charge of the pack's security after the alphas.

"We should definitely send some harsher messages to the invading mongrels," he offered. They were the biggest problem, the largest threat were a child to get past the pack and leave the umbrella of its protection. There was also what happened to Isolde, but winter was still far off.

Played by Trix who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Blitz Mizuno

He nodded just once, expressed towards Sven and the fact that he had earned his title. Just because he had obtained it, did not mean he was gonna slack off now. In fact, more than ever, he would be more strict in his routine. More sharp eyed around the pups. More ruthless with the coyotes. His lips pursed tightly at the mere mention of said mongrels. "Believe me..." His eyes narrowed, his sea blood beginning to boil. "...I will skin them alive if I find a even a single hair at our borders." For the hell of it, he may even go out of his way to make an example of them every now and then.

"I think we need to begin educating the children of the dangers, if you haven't already. Start setting boundaries...curfews when they get older." He kept his tone suggestive, mindful that they were not dealing with just his pups, but Sven's as well. If they were to work together smoothly, they needed to be on the same page when it came to setting rules and limits with the future blood of Willow Ridge.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer

damned if i do & damned if i don't

so here's to drinks at the end of my road

A low chuff from Sven was his display of agreement when Blitz spoke of flaying any bold coyotes. The scarred Archer would certainly be just as eager to give a vicious punishment, and would likely do so regardless of how close they came; a few mangled carcasses outside of the pack's territory should be enough to reinforce the boundary. The lesser creatures already were halfwits, but they'd have to be entirely without a brain to ignore signs such as that.

Blitz spoke again, suggestions sliding off his tongue. It was exactly what the leading pair had just given him the role of lead guardian for, and still Sven bristled internally. It was natural for the pack as a whole to raise the children born to them, but that had not been the case with the nearly-banished heir and the situation that allowed the sea wolf his litter still did not feel natural to Skoll's firstborn.

"We have, Leotie and I," he replied as they reached the water's edge. Sven bent to take a drink before continuing.

"It's the same as if the coyotes weren't so bad, for now anyways. They shouldn't go far regardless. There's too much that can happen to them. I'm hoping their numbers will thin before we have to worry about the kids being able to get out of the territory by themselves. If not... guess we'll have to be a bit smothering for a while, hm?"