(See All?) Announcements
562 Users Online
Bing

A swelling storm — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Forward dated to about 26th/27th. For @Garmir.
turn your face towards the sun
Let the shadows fall behind you

Leaving the children under the watchful eye of @Nauja gave her enough peace of mind to make a pass of the borders, until she reached a point she had stood almost a hundred times already. It was like an invisible wall rose up in front of her, drawing her eyes eastward. It was the last place she had found Kerb's scent before he vanished. Of course, her attention had been quickly averted with the absence of her son and neice, both promptly returned by her sister once they were located. It had been a measured decision. Kerberos was an adult, and the scent of the stranger yearling followed him. She could only assume that if they had meant to return, either would have showed up long before now.

The only logical assumption to make was that he was missing because he wanted to be, and that hurt a whole lot more than she cared to admit, but she couldn't really bring herself to feel any more than disappointment. With herself. Of course he wouldn't say goodbye, not to her. Maera had been right all along. She should have been more careful.

Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Treyah

Garmir arrhived that day, rugged and worn looking, boasting few minor scratches and messed fur but alive and in good health none the less. He had been gone a little longer than what he had originally promised, for there had been some complications along the way - namely coyotes ruining his hunting attempts and sometimes chasing him around, causing Garmir to waste precious energy he would have needed for long travel.

But he made it and upon seeing the familiar territory of Charred Ash Draw once more, a wave of pride and relief filled the earthen male. It had been thougher scout run than what he had expected - only reason to feel more pride for completing it. As he neared the border he noticed familiar scents going back and forth, as it would have been expected.

What he did not expect was Treyah to be... what seemed almost like waiting for him. Garmir's ears went flat against his skull and his tail begin to wave long before he was even close to his lead, his master. "Treyah! Im back!" -He exclaimed, for a moment abandoning his normal way of being reserved and grump. He was like a yearling once more, running to meet his friend or family after long absence. He had so much to tell.. and propably so much to catch up.

[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn

Treyah was dragged from her morose train of thought by an enthusiastic greeting. Her tail began to wave all on its own, her ears turning forward and face frantically peering between the trees. At least she could count on @Garmir not to leave her in the dust, not for long. He always managed to come back.

Throwing traditions and rank to the wind, the Tainn bowed down to slap at the earth like a child intent on play. A high, excited bark greeted the returning scout as she shifted to close the gap between them and check the Ghostpaw over with sniffs and prods taking stock of his wounds and the weight he'd seemed to have lost on his journey, her tail buffeting against him as she worked her way around. "Thank goodness you're back, I was starting to get worried, but you look half starved again! Lets head to one of the caches, you can fill me in once you're fed."

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Treyah

Had Garmir had more energy to spend at this point he propably would have joined her in play. Now however he only stood there and leaned against her once she came close, his own tail waving furiously behind him. Garmir was only happy she had not charged and tackled him. He would now be on the ground had she done so. Treyah seemed somewhat worried for his condition and perhaps he had indeed lost some weight. After all, he had only eaten once. "Must be the heat that has been slowly melting me away..." -He replied to her jokingly. Some food did sound quite appealing and he nodded in agreement.

"How is the pack doing?" -He asked from her while he begin to slowly walk towards the nearest cache with her. Garmir was half expecting some kind of trouble with the pups, but beyond that he could not think any drama. Charred Ash Draw had been stable when he left.

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn

As they walked, they talked. She nodded along with his comment on the weather, the heat had been almost unbarable at times, though that had been the furthest thing from her mind at the time. "@Scorpius and @Arcus went missing, @Sahalie managed to find them at a nearby pack up on the mountain but with all these coyotes around its a miracle they made it that far." Her voice was grave and her exhaustion still showed, having shed a few pounds of her own over their absence. "It looks like @Kerberos took the opportunity to slip off as well."

She threw another glance over her shoulder, back towards the border, like she was just waiting for the Rigel to stroll back in and tell her it was all a misunderstanding, he'd just been out looking for herbs or running off coyotes. That he hadn't meant to leave at all. "Tennebrae seems to be scarce as well, though I wouldn't go so far as to say he's gone just yet..." But maybe, given the unfamiliar female's scent in his coat, he wouldn't be so far off leaving them either. After all, if he wanted to bring her here, he had been in the position to do so, but maybe now that he had had a taste of position, he wished to keep it? "We'll make it through though," After all, they had children to think of now. They had to.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Treyah

Garmir moved closely beside her, keeping steady pace despite his exhaustive journey having worn out much of his reserves. All the excitement and joy he had felt moment ago begin to fade too as Treyah briefed him what all he had missed during his absence. Pups slipping through the borders, Kerberos abandoning the pack no doupt, concerns for what Tenebrae might be up to. The pack was certainly worse off from where he left some two weeks ago. "humm..." -he hummed in reply, not sure what he should say to all of this, if anything. Truth be told, Garmir wasn't particularly concerned for any of the missing wolves, beyond @Scorpius perhaps. He was more worried over how Treyah was coping with all of this. It was not fair how faith was treating her.

Garmir briefly leaned against her flank to offer comfort, in a way without words saying he would always be there by her side whenever she needed him. As a friend - as her willing slave. If there ever came a day Garmir would no longer return, it would be because he was dead or otherwise obstructed.

Of course, always mindful of his role and purpose, taking it perhaps to the extreme - he already offered to go after Kerberos, or follow Tenebrae if she wanted it. "If I can eat and rest for the night, I then can go after them. Just the say the word."

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn

A tired little smile pulled at the corner of her mouth as Garmir, ever dutiful, offered to go after the wayward members. She gave a small shake of her head, it wouldn't be necessary. "The girl Kerb bought home went after him, and Tenebrae is an adult... I'm almost certain there has been the smell of cub lingering around him too. If he's got a reason to stay away, I doubt it's on us." Not that she would turn away a child if he returned with one, but if he wouldn't even bring it across the borders, perhaps it was the mother that was against the idea.

Turning to groom the short hairs along her companions temple, she finally sighed another relieved sound. "Most important thing for you to do is rest. I won't have you falling over from exhaustion for no good reason at all."

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: I guess we can OOCly agree Garmir has told Treyah everything about his journey? I have tagged pretty much every information relavant post during it. Can give summary though if you want. ^^
@Treyah

Sometimes Treyah felt like a mother with how she cared for others and this moment was just like it. Feeling her groom his temple felt good but also in a way inproper. Perhaps it was just him not being used to such affection - even if it was to be expected from her. He wasn't going to reject her care however.

Although exhausted from his long journey, Garmir did not feel like he could not undertake another task tomorrow after proper rest and a meal. He knew his limits - or least believed to know it and he felt like he could accept another task right away. She did not want him to however and he wasn't going to insist further. Her wish was his command. "As you wish."

Garmir allowed himself to enjoy her affection for a while longer before he murmured again. His mind was always on his work. "I learned plenty. Saw few packs and... still no sign of your father. Coyotes are spread across whole region, not just wildwood, but even beyond the mountains. Shall I give details now or later?"

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn

If her parents were to be believed, this place had once been crawling with wolves, from the cedarwood to the secluded spring and down to the willows. That it seemed so vacant now was troubling, and the influx of coyote had her wondering if perhaps they may need to consider moving on, but for now, they seemed safe enough. "If you're up to it, I'd like to hear now." She wouldn't press him for details if he needed to rest, but hearing that there were coyotes on the other side of the mountain too had her wondering after her sister, and the fate of Oak Tree Bend.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir was all too happy to share everything he knew, even if it would be a lenghtly description. He lived to serve her. "Of course." -he replied with almost newfound vigor, pausing only long enough to gather his thoughts and place the events into a right order - as well as to pick up stick from the ground. Garmir felt easier if he could visualize his journey.

"Us... the Wildwood.... mountain range" -He begin, first drawing few landmarks and placing tiny stone to represent Charred Ash Draw. "...avalance." -he continued, speaking the word so quick it seemed like he did not want to say it too loud. A tiny pale stone represented the site of avalance where Garmir had earlier discovered first trail of @Triell . Garmir wasn't going to hold back any details from her, even if they might hurt her or be emotionally harder to cope with. She deserved to know. "From here, through the Wildwood all the way to the root of the mountain my travel was fairly uneventful. I crossed coyote trail once. Prey animals were few. Old scent of few loners, difficult to identify. I wanted first to visit the site where I last picked your father's trail. Wanted to be certain this time.. now that there is no snow." -he begin recounting without much of a pause until he spoke of Triell.

Garmir told of the Alpha Female of Fallen Tree cove, @Moonshadow he had fairly pleasant exchange with and how they together looked for Triell's body, failing to find any. In Garmir's words this meant Triell could still be alive. "In conclusion. I don't think he perished there. Avalance only swept his trail... and so I decided to cross the mountain to see if... he might have made it across. Moonshadow was kind enough to guide me, even invited me to briefly visit her pack... which should be somewhere in here." Garmir pointed with his stick to the crudely drawn map. He held silence for a moment in case Treyah wanted to ask questions from him or had something to say herself. He looked at her, awaiting for go ahead to continue.

(This post was last modified: Nov 21, 2018, 02:01 AM by Garmir.)