(See All?) Announcements
461 Users Online
Google, Apollo, Bing

Golden Opportunities[BWP] — Copper Rock Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Since the arrival of the coyotes Cheedo had been spending more time in the tarn not really wanting to deal with them. Now she could either turn tail and run or stay and do her part to show the vermin what they were messing with. It wasn't in Cheedo to run, not from these nusances. She may be smaller than the other two wolves with her but she could be just as fierce as either one of them.

She faced the three. It was now clear that they seemed to he protecting the carcass of a deer that she hadn't noticed before. Her tail rose into the air as she came to stand on the other side of the larger male. A low snarl rumbled in her throat as the one yapped at them before she snapped back her teeth clicking. She was ready to chase the lesser canines away from this part of the forest. They should be able to have a conversation in peace, “Shall we chase them off?” She finally asked of the two men.

[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Grey who has 18 posts.
Inactive
Rajan
Just when Rajan thought his bluff would wear through and he would have to leave (this truly wasn't worth his time after all; he had nothing at stake and he had no use for a half-eaten deer), the other wolves stepped to his side. First, the boy then the woman. As small as they were compared to his bulk form, they matched his chiding in volume and depth. They didn't want the coyotes here either.

The Prince's crown lowered, protecting his throat, and his eyes narrowed in a fearsome glare. The trio of coyotes, though antsy, skipped about with their own teeth bared and their fur bristled. They were going to defend their disgusting find, even if the wolves did not want it. Another growl of warning was issued as he took one heavy step forward. The vermin grew still, their own muscles ready in a fight or flight response. The leader, the larger of the three, yelped in what seemed like fear-fueled aggression, but the littlest of them stared at Rajan, eyes wide and ears back. Stock-still and waiting for someone, anyone to make a move.

It was afraid.

Rajan's barrel-shaped form sprang forward without warning. The woman had the right idea. There were six of them. Three versus three and the wolves were bigger. The two other coyotes leapt out of the way and the Prince's teeth were on the feral little thing. The jaw-spar was short, Rajan's jaws set to maim and wound. He managed to grab a mouthful of fur, mostly scruff, as his victim tucked tail and turned around to flee. Rajan was not quick enough though and the coyote escaped.

As for the other two, he turned about. It all happened in slow motion as his gaze went from the deer to his two companions, watching wide-eyed as his speed was undeniably rivaled...

you're all here indulging your particular vices
& so I've come to indulge mine

Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Taking a bite out of the attacking coyote, Vaken was painfully aware that his injuries were impairing him. He couldn’t move as fluidly as he wanted, since he had to defend his wounds from reopening. He had to dance around the coyotes to keep himself protected, and that didn’t give him much opportunity to fight. He was frustrated with himself, trying so hard to keep his own, when he had to keep himself safe as well. Luckily, he didn’t seem to be at too much of a disadvantage. The vermin were already retreating. Clearly, the monsters hadn’t been expecting the wolves to stick up for themselves. It didn’t seem to matter that Vaken wasn’t in tip top condition, but rather that he was another body against them. Watching them flee, Vaken spat out some fur and panted.

That had knocked it out of him. He took a seat on the floor and dropped his shoulders, breathing heavily, desperate to balance out his heart rate. He was lucky. The coyote hadn’t injured him, despite being so vulnerable. Vaken was sure that if the fight had lasted longer, he would be grooming a new wound by morning. He couldn’t have kept dodging attacks all night. “Annoying rats,” he mumbled, lowering his head. He hated those creatures. He wished he could have killed them all, instead of watching them race off, but it was a victory nevertheless.

I guess I must be having fun
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Of the situation had been different and she'd been alone facing three coyotes Cheedo probably be would have run. It would be the smart thing to do after all. With two wolves on her side whether they were strangers or not they each had the same problem. The coyotes had become a nuisance to everyone in the lore as far as she knew. With the two males standing with her she was certain that these vermin would back down soon enough.

She let her growls and snarls join those of her current companions hoping to show these lesser canines a united front, one that wouldn't put up with their behavior. The coyotes for their part put on a good show in their defense of the deer but it became clear they were growing uncertain about their situation. Then without warning the large male leapt forward attacking the smallest of the three. The other male took on one of the others leaving the last for Cheedo.

She didn't let him get very far before she had a well placed bite on his hind leg just behind the knee. The pathetic creature screamed out in pain before turning to face her but he was having trouble placing weight on the leg. Before another attack could he pursued it seemed her coyote noticed the retreat of his companions leading him to do the same. The tawny woman huffed before turning back to the men her good ear perked as the smaller of the two made a comment, “I second that.” She then turned to the large male, “Now what is it your looking for?” She could still give some help before they all parted ways.

Played by Grey who has 18 posts.
Inactive
Rajan
Hnnnng, sorrysorrysorry. Just burnt myself out this month...

The air was rich with adrenaline and with it a taste of victory and undeniable terror. The coyotes should have known better, but Rajan and his pack had considered them rabble for a reason. The wolves grew still and for a while there was nothing but the sound of scrabbling in the distance. Attempting to catch his own breath and to calm his own heart, the prince dragged his tongue down the front of his nose, scoffing with half a smile as the youth mumbled. Annoying indeed.

“Now what is it your looking for?”

Rajan's eyes went back to the sprite of a woman, eyeing her up and down to ensure that she had gotten out of the brief scuffle unscathed. At least, she seemed fine. He swallowed hard and took a deep breath, one final attempt to get his lungs back into normal and his heart back to its regular beat, "I'm looking for... a particular yellow flower." He squared his shoulders, rolling them as if it would stabilize himself further. Frankly, he was just trying to recover his sense of nobility. "Where I'm from, we call it volée."

you're all here indulging your particular vices
& so I've come to indulge mine

Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: no problem! Sorry for the short post

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

This all went way over Vaken’s head. He was emotionally and physically tired. There was very little energy left in him, and it showed. For the most part, he ignored the male wolf. He knew nothing about plants, especially flowers. Yellow flower? He didn’t even bother to sort through his memories. The scoundrel didn’t pay much attention to the flora along his trails. He couldn’t recall ever seeing yellow flowers, but who knew for sure. He continued his heavy panting and shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t say anything, his mouth hanging open simply to pant.

The conversation was mostly between the larger male and the woman. Vaken had taken himself out of it by rearranging his body language, facing the opposite direction. He merely stayed there in order to catch his breath and recover. If he had enough energy, he would have left by now. He had no interest in what the stranger was looking for.

I guess I must be having fun
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
No Worries to you both.:)

Her chest heaved a little in the moments following the scuffle with the Coyotes. It was the first real run in she'd had with them but it wasn't the first time ever she'd had to fight them off. With the threat of the mongrel's out of the way she turned back to the two men. Looking them both over the larger one didn't look the worse for wear but the other she wasn't so sure about.

She asked her question of the large stranger and as it turned out he was looking for a particular yellow flowers. She knew of some flowers but there were a couple yellow ones that grew in the lore and she didn't recognize the name he used for it. “Maybe you could describe it?” She asked before her eyes went once again to the other, “You over there, you gonna be okay?” She asked him despite him having his back to them.