(See All?) Announcements
559 Users Online
Google, Bing

The Happiness Project — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Cheedo's second stop on her journey. She's outside the border calling for the alpha's. @Jessie @Laike @Adelayde primarily but others welcome.Scout Dem 1/3

It felt a little strange being back in the lowlands. Cheedo felt like it had been years since she'd been there and yet it had only been over a year. The memory of what had happened the day before they'd left the Monadnock still haunted her sometimes. It helped the focus on the positive and how well the Tarn was doing since making their home on the mountain.

She hadn't ever actually come to the borders of Wild Rye Fields herself but she remembered Wraith had come once. She also remembered how happy she and Piety had been when he and Roose had returned safely.

Now she had a job to do, Piety had sent her here specifically to speak with the Alpha's. It was time the Tarn wolves started reconnecting with their old allies. She approached the border cautiously before raising her muzzle into the air and calling for those who lead the lowland pack.

(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2018, 11:56 PM by Cheedo.)
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
guardian demonstration 1/3
adelayde artemieva

After the latest attempted invasion of the Rye, the Artemieva mother was doubling her patrols as much as she could manage while juggling the twins as well. With the coyotes population still at alarming rates, she couldn't be naïve to think there may not be another trespassing. With three Rye cubs to care for, the second wasn't going to let anyone else think they can leisurely step passed their borders without consequence. They will surely be met with teeth first, words later.

Mismatched eyes narrowing after hearing the howl that summoned the Rye alphas, while she was out, she decided to check it out and make sure their guest respected their border. Not recognizing the visitor's voice, it took her moment to realize how it was once she met the female at the border. A smile crossed her ebony lips as she paused at Rye border, It's nice to see you again. I hope all is well? Adelayde could fondly remember the last time she saw Cheedo, though the event hadn't been that comforting with the storm they had to run from. However, she knew at the end of that day, she had another friend in the Lore.

Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

It was a relief to hear someone actually call for once. Although that didn't completely erase his worries after the last few border encounters. Laike made sure the children (at least his, @Vasilisa and @Nikolai) were accounted for before continuing towards the borders. Where it seemed his dutiful wife had already beat him here.

A chuff escaped he raised his head and tail, lightly brushing against Adelayde's side. It seemed the two were already familiar with each other from what he had managed to hear. He would patiently wait for them to get their talking out of the way. Surely if this was more than just a friendly call he would be addressed soon enough.

laike
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
@Jessie still free to hop in if you want. Just moving this along. Scout Dem 2/3

The tawny woman was a patient wolf so she’d settled in to wait for her call to be answered. She was pleased of course when Adelayde appeared to greet her. She was happy to see the woman still with Wild Rye since it had been over a year since they’d last seen each other. “It's good to see you again as well. Things are better, it's actually why I've come,” she explained, “I hope all is well here?” She went on.

A man joined them with a chuff, Cheedo dipped her head in greeting. The scout also took notice of the way he brushed Adelayde's side. “I'm Cheedo a scout and second of Clearwater Tarn,” she introduced himself to him. Then looking between the two wolves in front of her she spoke, “I've come on behalf of my alpha.”

(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2018, 11:57 PM by Cheedo.)
[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

The Rye was getting its fair share of visitors and Jessie would be lying if she didn't feel the taxing wear of each call. There seemed to be a neverending stream of trespassors and wolves who needed their attention. It felt like she was back at the Bend, only in a different setting, and desperately wishing for her mate's soothing touch against the onslaught of intrudors who didn't belong. The Rye Queen could not complain with what she had. Those who remained in the pack were loyal and worked hard. Jessie had yet to face a border encounter alone. This day would be no different. In fact, Adelayde and Laike had already arrived to the borders when a young voice called for them.

Jessie almost considered herself late, catching onto the tail-end of what their visitor was saying, grey ears perked in interest. Clearwater Tarn. It was a new pack, one she'd never heard of, at least, since settling down in the lore years ago. As she neared Adelayde and Laike, she offered them both brisk nods in greeting. The last tidbit caught Jessie's attention more, emerald eyes narrowing slightly as her tail waved higher above her back, indicating position.The Tainn had never heard of a pack led by one alpha, the thought was unnerving. "And who is your alpha?" The Rye Queen did not offer a smile to their visitor. She was more interested in why Cheedo was here.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
posting to move this along (: @Adelayde hope you don't mind<3 @Jessie @Cheedo

Laike knew of the existence of the Tarn but had heard nothing from his brother since their fleeting run in with each other. He had to wonder if he was still even where he said he was, with who he said he was with. The Rye leader would not be terribly surprised if his brother had forgotten about him or even slipped off elsewhere. How many times had it happened at Hearthwood River?

He dismissed the thoughts with a small flick of his arched tail. His interest laid upon the small scout. What news did she bring for the northern fairing pack?

laike
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
guardian dem 2/3
adelayde artemieva

All has been well in the Rye, she answered with a smile as her husband settled against her side, greeting them with a soft chuff.  Cheedo moved on to begin clearing up the question that plague the sunflower's mind about the reasoning for the unexpected visit. The peppered alpha appeared at their flanks just in time, a respectful nod cast in the Rye leader's direction before returning back to their visitor. She was interested to see if indeed it was still the alabaster Piety that lead the mountain harboring pack that Laike's brother apparently led as well. Though from what she understood, her brother-in-law was never the most reliable to stay at his post. Tawny ears cast in the scout's direction, awaiting her explanation.

(This post was last modified: Oct 17, 2018, 03:38 PM by Adelayde.)
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Scout Dem 3/3

Cheedo smiled when Adelayde informed her that things were well in wild rye, “I'm glad to hear that.” Two other wolves she hadn't met soon joined her and Adelayde at the border. After explaining why she'd come to the fields the speckled female was the first to speak. Her question was about Cheedo's alpha, “Piety she was Wraiths mate,” the tawny woman explained. She gave a moment for that to settle before she went on. “I don't know if you're aware that Wraith was killed last year saving his son from a bull elk. Piety decided that she couldn't stay in Whitestone so she disbanded the pack and we left. Recently we formed Clearwater tarn on the mountain where most of the old pack has come back together.” She stopped there to allow them to me to process all that she'd said.

(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2018, 11:57 PM by Cheedo.)
[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

The Rye Queen's ears perked forward at the familiar names Cheedo offered them. Piety and Wraith had been leaders of Whitestone after Morganna and Craw had disappeared. Thank goodness. It had been what was best for everyone that lived on the Lowlands at the time. Certain pieces of information were making events that happened over the past year become year. The disappearance of Whitestone. It made sense now. Before they jumped into business, Jessie always had to consider feelings, as it should be, "We offer our condolences for the loss that Piety and Whitestone suffered. That must have been very hard." Jessie certainly understood. The death of Drestig still weighed heavily on her shoulders, especially when she was by herself and had time to really think about it.

This visit for Clearwater was clearly not just to get sympathy from the Rye wolves. Cheedo must be here for business. The Tainn's voice was harder when she spoke, "Now, you mentioned that you're a scout. I'm sure you've got some business you need to take care of." Whenever Jessie was on a scouting trip, she hated small talk - it might not have been the same for this woman - but it was better they got that out of the way while the pepper-and-salt colored woman was there.

(This post was last modified: Nov 09, 2018, 10:04 PM by Jessie.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
sorry for the delay, didn't realize it was my turn >.<
guardian dem 3/3
adelayde artemieva

The sunflower had been hoping to hear good news about their former northern neighbors. She had known the pack moved suddenly, but Ade had assumed they simply moved to better territory with more plentiful hunting grounds. The shock quickly registered upon her face as Cheedo announced Wraith had been killed during a hunting accident very similar to their own patriarch's tragic death. I'm so sorry to hear that, she whispered gently as her tawny ears pinned sadly upon her crown. Jessie was quick to offer condolences as well and elaborate more on the scout's visit.

Allowing the leaders (as usual) to conduct the business at hand, the dutiful beta stood quietly awaiting the rest of Cheedo's speech.

(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2019, 08:26 PM by Adelayde.)