Google, Lillia, Flair, Bing

[BWP] who is this — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: for @Miska

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Wrapped tightly around himself, curled up on the floor, Vaken was the coziest he had ever been in a long time. He wasn’t necessarily sleepy, but something about the heat was knocking the energy out of him. His eyelids would slowly close, his breathing would relax, and then he would jolt awake. He wasn’t familiar with this territory, and falling asleep would mean dropping his defences. He didn’t want to be vulnerable in an area that smelt so heavily of coyotes.

With that in mind, he refused to stand up and move. He didn’t want to keep travelling, especially at the moment. Rather than exert any more energy, the small loner continued to torture himself with staying comfortable- and also alert. Denying himself the ability to drift off, he was caught in a difficult cycle of wanting to sleep, but wanting to be safe. He knew he probably looked a little ridiculous, but Vaken wasn’t expecting any company. Over the smell of coyotes, there were very little distinguishing scents. The rambunctious yearling wasn’t even sure if he’d be able to smell a visitor over the heavy scent of vermin, and that scared him too. Once more, he jolted his eyes wide awake and took a sniff of air.

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Aug 04, 2018, 06:58 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Jacqueline who has 8 posts.
Inactive
Miska

Starting at the lagoon, Miska had decided that morning that he would follow along one of the small streams that led in a north-easterly direction. It was curiosity really, that drove him to explore. The lands were new to him, and after everything that had happened recently with the coyotes, the dark yearling thought it couldn’t have been a bad idea to get more acquainted with the terrain.

The stench of coyotes was hard to ignore as he found himself skirting along the boundaries of a large meadow. Whilst Miska preferred to keep to the shade of the trees, no doubt the smaller scavengers were skulking around in the tall grasses, their tawny pelts more easily lost in the sea of tall, dry grass. In some ways it made him feel a little uneasy, picturing their numerous pairs of eyes on him. Wanting to gain some advantage over them, the yearling sought higher ground, on the premise that he could not be snuck up on if he could see them coming from a distance.

The dark male had not expected to stumble upon the entrance to a large cave, though. Amber eyes were immediately drawn to the gloomy hollow through the trees. It intrigued him and without much thought or consideration for what might be inside, Miska quickly found his paws leaving the dry soil of the forest and stepping onto the cool hard surface of the cave floor. The tips of his nails clicked lightly against the stone as he moved slowly through the large entrance tunnel, his eyes taking a while to adjust to the sudden change in light.

A scent caught him off guard and immediately his hackles raised, alert. Miska released a low grunt to state his presence, and his ears pricked up to the sound as it echoed against the cave walls.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

When Vaken heard the footsteps, his eyes opened large and he jumped to his feet. It didn’t sound like a pack of coyotes, thank god. It still meant an intruder, and Vaken wasn’t prepared to deal with aggression. He just wanted to sleep. He quickly scrambled onto his feet, standing tall, and lowered his head, emitting a growl. 

He couldn’t see the stranger yet, but he could smell. Over the scent of coyote was the smell of a lone wolf, male. That made Vaken even more tense. He was beginning to not trust male wolves, especially loners. They were usually larger than him, stronger and more territorial. He hoped the growl would be enough of a warning, a way for him to say hello I am here and standing his ground. When the footsteps continued to come closer, the yearling yipped again. “Who’s there?”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You realize that two coyotes have been following you.
Played by Jacqueline who has 8 posts.
Inactive
Miska

As the sound of his grunt echoed against the tunnel walls of the gloomy cave, something else sounded back. Dark ears swivelled forwards as he heard the creepy echo of quickly scrambling paws, and then a moment later a low growl resonated in the darkness around him. Miska immediately paused, his amber eyes growing wide as he took a sharp inhale of breath. The scent he had noticed a few moments ago belonged to a wolf, a young male, one which he could now who confirm to be concealed somewhere in the darkness of the cave ahead of him.

Not put off by the other’s presence, if anything Miska was now even more tempted to investigate, the male continued to lope forwards. He had yet to meet many of the wolves who chose to reside in these parts, so now seemed like the perfect opportunity to make a new acquaintance. As the scent of the male grew stronger, he heard a voice call out to him.

“Miska.” He replied, amber eyes blinking as he tried to search for the wolf in the gloom. “You?” He asked, his eyes finally spotting the small dark shape standing by the far wall of the chamber. The sound of more nails tapping the ground echoed in from the entrance to the cave, catching the yearling off guard. Miska inhaled another lungful of air, the scent of coyotes once again tingling his nose. Surely not…” He grumbled to himself in disbelief, his body turning away from the other wolf to face back towards the cave entrance in search of the scavengers.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

"Vaken Svart,” the yearling replied, his tone cold and uninviting. He wasn’t being aggressive, but his attitude was disinterested. It only grew worse once he heard the sound of more paws, the scent of coyote becoming even stronger. Letting out a growl, the yearling stumbled back. There was only one way out of the cave, and coyotes were blocking it now.

“You brought them with you,” he accused angrily, snapping his jaws. He could see the male more clear now- he looked young, but still larger than Vaken. His brown fur blended in well to the darkness, and his markings were hard to make out. It was his amber eyes that Vaken could see the clearest. Letting out another angry hiss and grunt, the small boy tried to think quickly. They weren’t going to escape very easily would they?

He couldn’t believe his luck. He targeted his annoyance predominantly at the new wolf, blaming him for the intruders. It was clear on his face that he was bubbling with rage. He couldn’t see the coyotes yet, but he could hear them coming. “What are we gonna do?” It was mostly rhetorical, as the wolf shook his head in desperation. They only had one option: escape the cave. That might mean fighting too, depending on how many vermin there were blocking the escape. He looked up at the cave ceiling in disbelief.

(This post was last modified: Aug 05, 2018, 11:05 AM by Vaken.)