Bing, Google

can you feel it? — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: for Mystic Mushroom Meadow discovery. Open to 1-2. Early morning, sunrise 

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Vaken knew nothing about plants. He avoided them- for the most part. There were the stray times during his travels that he’d eat berries that he knew were safe, but he didn’t seek them out. Desperate times did call for desperate measures, and that’s why he found himself here, grazing for food. His health wasn’t doing too good. The coyotes were quickly getting the best of him, and it was clear in his skinny frame and scarred body.

He had wandered from the wildwood and pack border to the drooping willows, wandering aimlessly for small prey. The trees offered him a comfortable amount of shade, but in the morning air he was comfortable. He didn’t feel the need to rest beneath the familiar willows. Instead, he continued to explore, his nose to the ground. It was then that he found himself wandering through grass, absent of trees. A meadow? The yearling scoffed. He did not remember there being a field around here. Was it possible he had missed it? Shaking his head in disbelief, the small scoundrel continued to search for anything to hunt. It was a small meadow, but it made it easier to search for rodents. Vaken was hoping for mice, maybe a baby squirrel, something he could catch and eat quickly so the coyotes didn’t have time to invade. 

“Come on,” they boy hissed, annoyed at his failure. His belly was grumbling. Taking a seat, he watched as a bird landed meters away. He lowered his head, watching patiently. Could he catch the bird in time? Probably not. He sighed loudly, dramatically, wanting to throw himself to the floor. He watched the small bird grab a mushroom from between the grass, then fly off. “It’s over for me,” he whined.

It was in this moment of desperation that he made an impulsive, idiotic decision. Wandering over to where the bird had landed, the yearling rustled through the grass to find his own mushrooms to eat. Clearly if the bird had taken one, they were safe? He gobbled it down with a face of disgust, then curled up in the new meadow to rest.

I guess I must be having fun
Played by Marina who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lauraceae Ritter
Laurel flinched as a bird flew off, catching Vaken's last words. He was silent for a moment, watching the other yearling gobble down mushrooms. "You know it's not really safe to do that," he called out. He didn't know much about plants either, but he knew enough to stick away from the ones you didn't know. Laurel knew, in total, about two. Probably. Maybe if he thought hard enough he could recall another plant that Ravenna had schooled him on, but he didn't really like to push his luck. Mushrooms, after all, sometimes had a bad effect. Possibly death.

Laur's jaw clenched at the very real possibility that Vaken could die right then, right there. Cautiously, he approached, his head low as he eyed the brownish-blackish-tannish boy. He still wasn't sure where the two stood exactly, and if history proved him right, then this meeting could either go very south very quickly or the two could have a teetering-on-friendly chat with one another.

And then there was the possibility that Vaken could drop dead. He sniffed at a mushroom, but dared not try to eat it.

womp womp lil poop post but tryna drag myself back into the scene haha
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: Vaken will start showing symptoms in about 15 minutes of IC time but rn everything is fine. I bet he'll start tripping and the coyotes will show up

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Turning his head and swallowing another mushroom, the yearling replied to Laurel with a dramatic shrug of his shoulders. “I don’t feel any different,” he stated, pausing a moment to reflect on his body. He didn’t feel like he was going to throw up, or that there was any pain. He felt completely, boringly normal. He licked his lips, but followed the other wolf’s recommendation and stopped eating the fungus.

Stepping on one, the tangled haired boy greeted his companion with a hesitant nod. The relationship he had with Laurel was complicated and constantly shifting, so Vaken approached with skeptical friendliness. Things could go from great to horrible in a second, the small male knew that. Still, he was happy to see his kind-of-friend. “If I die, use me as coyote bait.”  

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Aug 05, 2018, 12:50 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]