(See All?) Announcements
548 Users Online
Bing, Google

show me what you got — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
"Two," he replied. Capital T for trouble, he thought, remembering. They were more than a match for Ferreiran, especially since it was usually two against one. Two strong, perfect (at least in their mother's eyes) puppies against a runt. He never really had a chance and usually only fought if he really needed to. 

He picked out a scent. Looking around, the dark male spotted a young fawn. He hadn't noticed the herd before. Falling quickly into a stalk he glanced at Vaken and raised his tail for a second to alert him. "Deer," he growled. It was time for a little hunt. 
Have you read my player preferences?
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: hunting 1/8

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

The small boy lowered his body to the ground all most instantly. He had not smelt the scent on the breeze right away, it was Ferreiran’s voice that alerted him. His eyes darted in the direction the wolf had pointed out, his body tense. He kept his stomach laying flat along the ground, adjusting himself slightly. If the fawn heard them, or smelt them, it could dart off long before the boys managed to sink their teeth in. 

That was a lot of pressure. Vaken could tell he was beginning to get tired from the rough housing, but he needed as much energy as he could muster up in order to eat. Saliva was beginning to form on the corner of his mouth as he watched the small doe grazing through. It did not seem fearful, or even aware of the danger it was in. 

“Good,” the boy whispered, shifting his ears forward to listen to the deer’s footsteps. “We should move down wind."

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Aug 19, 2018, 03:01 AM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
hunting 2/8
Ferreiran nodded and sunk even closer to the ground, moving over the flattened grass from their roughhousing. This place wasn't a forest, so he couldn't hide in the shadows like he was used to. Claws encrusted with mud, he slipped over the marsh. It didn't seem like a good place for a herd, since the bogs could drag down a young deer if they weren't careful. He circled the fawn. For a few stressful moments he was between the herd and the prey. It wouldn't be difficult for a protective mother to charge and seriously injure such a small wolf or even outright kill him. Luckily, none did. They don't even seem to notice the predators closing in...
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: hunting 3/8

The scruffy boy kept his gaze locked on Ferreiran, his upper lip racing in a short growl to catch his attention. “Go behind,” he ordered quietly. He didn’t want to just jump into action. He paid close attention as his friend, watching patiently as he adjusted himself into a better hunting position. He kept his eyes trained as the smaller darker wolf relocated himself downwind. Vaken stayed still, making sure the deer hadn’t caught sight or smell of the other wolf. His body was tense, on edge at the possibility of loosing such a quick meal. He watched as the deer lifted its head, scooping out the area. Holding his breath, the yearling relaxed when the stupid fawn returned back to its business. It had no idea the danger it was in.

Taking this as his chance to move, the yearling slowly followed after his friend. He was careful and quiet, lifting his paws out of the mud slowly to not make any noise. It was hard to move, that was undeniable, but they didn’t have much of an option. If they were struggling to move, the fawn would certainly struggle too. It would be easy to catch her and drag her to a less dirty area to feast. “Try and herd her farther from the others,” he whispered. “We’ll get her stuck deeper in the swamp.”

(This post was last modified: Aug 21, 2018, 07:32 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
hunting 4/8
Ferreiran lowered himself, wiggled his hindquarters a little, and burst from the ground with a sharp snarl. The fawn was small enough that he might be able to jump on its back and bring it down that way. He was midair when heavy hooves began to charge towards him. Barking in alarm, he dashed to the side, barely avoiding the angry mother. So quickly the hunter became the hunted. But luckily, the deer decided to turn away once she had her fawn. He stood off a few feet away, wondering what to do. He turned his head to silently ask Vaken. The fawn and its mother were almost back to the safety of the herd. It seemed it would be harder than expected to get their prey.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
hunting: 5/8

When the male attacked, Vaken let out a curse. They weren’t ready yet. They hadn’t gotten the prey far enough away to focus on slaughtering the young. He knew that, but it was too late to offer advice to the other wolf. Ferreiran jumped, aiming to tackle the kill. That is not what Vaken had asked. He had asked Ferreiran to lead the prey away from the herd, not pounce. Anger bubbled up in his throat, but he surpassed it in order to keep silent.

He watched as another deer trotted into the mix, protecting her young by trying to push Ferreiran away. He stayed painfully still but felt his face contort in rage. He was too hungry to mess around like this. The other wolf fumble off to the side, avoiding the confrontation. When he looked back, the boy wanted to attack him rather than the kill. “Let me handle it,” he hissed, jumping into the mix. His voice was pure venom. He couldn’t believe the other wolf’s audacity to nearly ruin the hunt, then ask for help. Vaken had given clear instructions.

Quickly, he came up with a new plan. He was going to separate the fawn from its mother. He would nip the creatures heels and lead it the opposite directions. Hopefully, the mother wouldn’t follow. If he could avoid her attacks, she’d surely stay close to the security of the herd rather than endanger herself. With that, he raced toward. Luckily, he was quick. Before the fawn could reach the safety of the herd, he cut it off.

He strategically placed himself between the young and its mother, making himself an obstacle. The fawn wanted the safety of a parent, but with the wolf in the mix, ran straight towards Ferreiran.

(This post was last modified: Aug 21, 2018, 11:04 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
hunting 6/8
When he heard his friend's venom-filled words, Ferreiran almost blinked in shock. He couldn't think of a reason for why Vaken would be so angry at him. He expected frustration, but not fury. What he didn't know was that the other male had told him what to do, and he had, to all appearances completely ignored him. As he concentrated on his attack, he had blocked out the quietly spoken words and didn't hear the directions.

When Vaken moved to take the lead, the dark male was almost glad. He maybe had a better plan than him, and, even if it failed, he would have a bit of an I-told-you-so moment to relish.

But then the patchy wolf chased the fawn towards him. What should he do? This was a hunt and so the simple thing to do was attack and trap it. He stepped forward to meet the fawn with his fangs, slashing into the prey's shoulder. He just missed the neck on his first bite, but managed to on his second, cutting out a tiny chunk and swallowing it whole before ripping down towards its chest. The young creature turned and tried to flee, but stumbled from the pain and blood loss. It collapsed at Vaken's feet.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: feel free to have Ferreiran kill it completely and fade in your next post. Hunting 7/8

When Ferreiran landed the first blow, Vaken felt relief mixed with satisfaction. His bitterness towards Ferreiran lessened, but didn’t quickly vanish. He was still angry, but the pleasure of succeeding overwhelmed any other emotion. He watched the black wolf tear into the soft flesh from a few feet away, thankfulness lightening his mood. They were about to have a nice meal.

The fawn stumbled towards him, panic apparent in its small round eyes. Blood dripped from the throat into the muddy ground. The wound Ferreiran had created was quite large. The deer didn’t stand a chance. It stumbled, losing its balance due to the blood loss. When it fell, right in front of Vaken, the young boy let out a vicious snarl.

He grabbed it by the scruff, holding it still while it kicked at the floor beneath it. The taste of blood filled his mouth. The deer was still alive, but barely. He looked at Ferreiran with cold gold eyes, beckoning him over with his muzzle, the deer still desperate to escape. He held it still, waiting for it to drop dead or for Ferreiran to give the final blow.

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
hunting 8/8 fade
The male watched the fawn fell, and Vaken cut into its barely living hide. When he beckoned him to join in, Ferreiran didn't hesitate. He wasn't as vicious as his friend, but it was prey, and a wolf lived to hunt prey, often with methods that were very bloody and violent. His jaws closed around its neck for a second because releasing, leaving new gashes for it to contend with. Blood poured out onto the ground. One last kick, and the prey was still.

The dark wolf, well, wolfed down a section of the neck and chest, leaving the head. He tore at the flesh. It wasn't clean, but what meat was?