716 Users Online
Google, Bing, Jethro, Hazelnut

I still see your shadows in my room — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
I don't care if heaven won't take me back

Maybe Askan was being selfish, arrogant in thinking that Shallows Edge could ever hope to compare to the former glory of his birth pack.  As frustrating as it was, he hadn't founded this pack with the intentions of recreating his family's legacy. Shallows Edge was his way of leaving his stamp on the world, of putting his fate in his own paws. He supposed the issue was that he was scared it would fail, that all of his effort and sacrifices would be for nothing. The Selwyn was well aware of the fact that packs came and went, that lineages dried up like rivers, but that wasn't what he wanted for himself or even the Selwyns, for the matter. It was about damn time he did something about that...

Askan couldn't help but roll his eyes at her words. He should have seen it coming, should have anticipated that his monologue would encourage Lyanna to give him a piece or two of her mind. He flicked his ears back, fully prepared to block out the humdrum flow of her words but-well, okay. Maybe she a point. Not the whole 'easier to love' spiel, as that was a bit too fluffy for Askan's tastes, but the fact that those who mattered were still here counted for something. Meant a lot, really, more than he could ever say.

Which of course, wasn't to say he'd disowned Hawthorne for leaving, she was still as Selwyn as they came. Rather, instead of bitching about those who'd left, he ought to care for those who remained. Or something along those lines, Lyanna had said an awful lot and it was hard to find meaning amongst all her niceties.  It was too late for this, but he appreciated the sentiment. Sort of, as much as Askan could anyway.

At least there was one thing they could agree on.

"Fuck 'em."

What was it that Reyes had said? 'If they hate you, their loss.' That sounded about right, a good mantra to live by. But as much as he was loath to admit it, it all felt very personal and maybe just maybe Askan wasn't quite as tough as he liked to think. Fake it till you make it, am I right?

"If you can't tell, I hold grudges for a really long time. Don't piss me off, Tainn." He warned, shooting her a sharp, if not wry look.

With a huff, he climbed to his paws and rolled his shoulders. He would have bowed down into a full stretch but decided against it, he could work out the kinks and knots once he'd gotten back to his den, away from prying eyes.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

Fuck 'em seemed like a good note to end their late night encounter on. Askan went on to warn her not to piss him off, but it wasn't like she needed to hear it to know better. Frankly, he was the last person anyone should want to piss off, and she surely wasn't planning on doing so anytime soon, even if she might have had some words to say every time he rolled his eyes at her.

She rose to her feet as he rose to his, looking at him with a single raised brow. "Sure thing, Selwyn," she fired back with a sideways glance and a grin, not disrespectfully, of course. Flexing back to stretch out her forelegs and rocking forward to stretch the hind ones and her back and neck, she shook her restlessness away before ambling her way over to the trodden path that she'd taken to the top of the ridge.

"'Guess I'll head over to the main den for the night," she murmured, trotting down the slope and heading in that general direction before calling over her shoulder. "Better keep that snoring down!"

Sneaking her way into the den and tip-toeing over its slumbering occupants, Lyanna crept over to @Sachiel, laid down to curl her body around his back, buried her nose in the tawny fur between the blades of his shoulders and drifted off as contently as she could be.

[fade/end]