(See All?) Announcements
265 Users Online
Bing, Google, Aquene, Nash, Jadon, Eros

we're walking down this road of ours — Renegades Vigil 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
For @Vaken. I was thinking it could be a stop on the way to Whisper Marsh.

RE: Ferreiran, your evening has been filled with cricket-song.

Ferreiran trotted beside his patchy friend, though the thought that he shouldn't do this was heavy on his brain. This was a situation the anti-social male hadn't really had much experience with. And by much, he meant at all. Willingly traveling with another wolf, even if it wasn't for long, was something he'd laugh at if someone suggested it a few months ago. But somehow his first real friend pushed past his defenses, made him make exceptions, and pulled him away from the hermit he was becoming. He was beginning to actually enjoy Vaken's company. Sure, he didn't show it much, but he had loosened up to the other male.

They passed a lone tree and the dark wolf slowed to a stop. He knew his friend didn't have great stamina, even though he could go a little further himself. That was a sign he cared more about other wolves now, right? He shook his head slightly to push away the thought, barely moving his head. It wasn't such a bad thing anyway, to cooperate with other wolves' needs. That was what pack life was all about. And if so many wolves did it, it couldn't hurt.
(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2018, 01:23 AM by Ferreiran.)
Have you read my player preferences?
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Vaken took a breather, twitching his ears to the sound of crickets. Since sunset, the air had become slightly cooler, but it was still hot. He panted, his tail swishing behind him. He hissed, clearly unappreciative of the insects’ music. “I hate that noise,” he growled, glancing around the floor with narrowed eyes. He wanted to hunt each and every one of them down and eat them.

He wasn’t sure if they would taste good, but it had to be worth a shot. Lowering himself to the soil, his belly touching a bit of dirt, he tried to find one in-between the grass to test his theory. “Think I can catch one?” He chirped, looking at his silent friend with a mischievous grin. The bugs couldn’t be that quick, could they? 

Again: there was only one way to find out. The yearling spotted a green insect, and with narrowed eyes he sprung into action. He leapt with pure determination, but failed. Lifting up his front paws timidly, he realized that the bug had jumped away before he could pin it.

I guess I must be having fun
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
The cricket chirps were background noise in the dark wolf's mind. He tuned them out, although they were always there. Vaken seemed much more annoyed by them, hissing and growling threats. Ferreiran had to hold back his laughter as he tried to leap on one, and failed. The little bugs were too quick for a wolf. Despite that, when one sang loudly right next to his paw, he had to try to stomp on it. He lifted his paw and peered into the grass. There was, unsurprisingly, no squished cricket. He glanced at his friend sheepishly. He should have known it would get away.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A nearby creek is full to the brim with fish. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Between his pouncing and growling, desperately trying to catch one of the quick reacting bugs, Vaken noticed the creek. Glancing happily over at Ferreiran, the yearling gave a pleasant yip. Suddenly he was no longer bothered by the crickets. He didn’t even hear them over the sound of fish flapping in the creek. His attention was stolen by the idea of a quick meal. “Not just bugs around here,” he observed. “Probably thousands of fish in this creek.”

He walked closer to the water source, dipping his paw in. It was refreshing on his paw-pads. Slashing at the water, the boy tried his hardest to catch one of the swimming creatures- but failed. “Come help,” he ordered.

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran jumped over to help. He had seen bears catch fish, and wondered if he could do the same. He dunked his dark paw in the water, and waited. A fish swam past it almost immediately, but as he lifted his catch, it wriggled free. He tried again. And again. He gazed at the surface of the water for a few seconds. How do I catch these things? he thought despairingly.

A foolish thought struck him. What if he just opened his mouth and let the fish swim in? It was worth a shot, however odd it might sound. Feeling like an idiot, he laid down near the surface of the water. His head lowered into the water, and he opened his mouth wide. Water sloshed in and he nearly spat it out. But his patience paid off. A fish swam onto his tongue and he snapped his jaws shut. He lifted up his head triumphantly and threw the fish onto the bank, before dunking his head again.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

“Creative strategy,” the boy chuckled, tilting his head in shock. He too was not much of a fisher, but he had never thought to just put his mouth in the water like that. He usually tried his paw, splashing at the water angrily. He hoped he’d just knock a fish to shore. Watching Ferreiran though, the young wolf decided to give it a shot too. 

Pushing his mouth into the water much like his friend did, he waited. Spitting out water and grimacing at feeling, his luck wasn’t as good as the other boy’s. After a bit of time, he raised his mouth out of the water and spewed it out- no fish. “Where did you learn to do that?”

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran lifted his dripping muzzle out of the water. It didn't look like any more fish were going to swim to their deaths. He glanced over to Vaken and saw that he was trying his strategy, but having no luck. They had one fish to split between them. The dark wolf had hoped for more, but any food was good food, right?

He shrugged at the patchy wolf's question. He didn't have any erudite knowledge on subject of catching fish, or really any knowledge at all. It was just a crazy idea that had happened to work. "I didn't," he said. "Just decided it was easier than sticking my paw in." He tore the fish into two mostly equal pieces before tossing one to his friend. He had to chew hard to get through the hard scales before his sharp teeth even felt the softer flesh. It didn't take too long though, and was worth it.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Vaken gulped the meal down quickly, slobbering over the ground like a rabid animal. Drool dropped off his chin onto the grass and his paws. He didn’t even noticed, too focused on his delicious meal. It felt so good to eat something. Still, it wasn’t much. Giving a short, short sigh, the boy glanced at the water hopelessly. He sucked at fishing. “Well,” he mumbled. “It was a clever idea.”

He stuck his paw back into the water, trying his hardest to catch something else. He knew it was a fairly futile attempt, but he still tried. “I don’t know how wolves do it. Fishing is horrible. I hate the way the water feels, I hate the way the fish feel-“ He pulled his paw out and shook it dry. “You like fishing?”

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran exit. If you write yours we can get the ten posts in.
He smiled as Vaken complained. At least they had one bite each. He agreed that it wasn't much to share, but any food helped. "Not really," he answered. What was the other male asking? He didn't like fishing, per se, but it was meat. He didn't like it any less than he liked chasing rabbits or squirrels. No, maybe he liked chasing rabbits a little more than fishing. Water clumped on his pelt and chilled him. That wasn't a problem in this weather, but he wouldn't want to go for a dip in the middle of winter. Ferreiran shook his head to throw off the droplets as he thought. 

The dark wolf yawned, and said, "Let's go," He wanted to practice fighting while it was still night. The day would be too hot for physical activity.