(See All?) Announcements
769 Users Online
Google, Bing

Black Magic — The Cougar Eye 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 135 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
Mako smirked around the mouthful of fur, a growl from his throat that was more like an amused chuckle than anything else. She seemed to hang there for a second or two, paws uselessly scrabbling against the ground, leaving Mako with the question of what to do with her now that he had her. He couldn't just put her down and let her keep on attacking him, but it's not like he seriously wanted to hurt her, either. But that particular decision was pulled from his paws when she suddenly rammed her head back, smacking him in the face. 

It was completely unexpected, causing Mako to suddenly release her with an "Oww!" If she had hit just a couple inches higher, he would have been sporting a black eye. What a look that would be. The reality of the situation was beginning to dawn on him, the thought of going home torn up with a black eye. Having to explain what happened, that he was fighting someone over literally nothing. Lachesis would be disappointed if he found out what stupid shit Mako was up to. 

Mako skittered back a few steps after dropping her, wincing and his ears flattening down. He knew how to start shit, but he didn't really know how to finish it. So he said the first thing on his mind, "Look, this is stupid."

Scuffle post: 3
(This post was last modified: Aug 07, 2018, 10:15 PM by Mako.)
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

Her tactic seemed to work as her head collided with his face. She wasn't prepared for his face to be as hard as it actually was, however, and found that it felt similar to how she imagined having a rock thrown at one's head would. Nonetheless, he let her go and actually shuffled backward a few steps.

Lyanna spun around to face him, just in time to see the resigned look on his face. "Look, this is stupid."

Wow. Finally they could agree on something. She stared him down with eyes narrowed for a moment before her expression softened, sides still heaving a bit. Yes, it was ridiculous. She wouldn't have been the first to lunge - or so she thought - but she could acknowledge that her angry words hadn't done either of them any good to begin with. Her posture began to relax. In her mind she envisioned what their little skirmish would have look like to someone on the outside looking in - like a couple of kids fighting over a bone. How silly.

A smile grew on her face then, spreading from ear to ear until she couldn't fight back the belly-deep laughter that exploded from her chest. Even her eyes began to water. Eventually she'd gotten it all out, and she quieted down before lowering her head to wipe her tears of - joy, or something? - on her dirty foreleg. Her golden eyes fell upon the boy's face, but this time the look in them was as warm as sunshine.

She cleared her throat softly. "Mmm, you're right, you know. That was silly, really. I'm actually quite sorry for being such such a wench - I don't know what came over me..."

With the laughter having cleansed her soul of the anger or frustration or whatever had been there to result in their little tiff, she didn't actually care about any of it. If anything she felt terrible for being so cross. Was it too much to hope that they could make amends? You know, allies and all.

"I didn't hurt your face, did I?"

Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
Mako wasn't sure what response he was expecting, but it sure wasn't the full-bellied laugh that belted out of her. His eyes widened in response, entirely caught off guard at first, but laughter was infectious and he found a few chuckles leaving his mouth, even though it was more nervous laughter than anything else. 

Mako shook his head. "No, it's fine..." He answered, glancing away bashfully. His face did smart a little bit, but he could get over a little bruising. Besides, the damage to his ego was worse. "I mean, I deserved it really. I was being an ass." He admitted, looking back up at her. At least their fight hadn't been entirely pointless; it had cleansed the anger and frustration from his system and allowed him to see in hindsight that she'd been right all along. He had no right to tell her she couldn't be here, hunting or otherwise. He had just been taking his frustration from the bullshit with the coyotes and Vigil's Keep out on her.

"So, sorry. You guys are our allies. I was stressed out and shouldn'tve been taking my shit out on you." He said with a few hesitant waves of his tail, extending an olive branch.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

Lyanna found that she was delighted to see her counterpart give way to a bit of laughter himself, and took notice of the air of bashfulness that came after. He went on to issue an apology of his own and mentioned their packs being allied. She guessed, in a way, that made them all sort of like family - and that was a good note to end any confrontation on.

"Thank you, and no worries about any of it - it was my fault, too. Im so sorry about your head...I'm...cranky when I'm tired."

Perhaps bashfulness was contagious, too, because she felt a wave of it settle down upon her. Soon they would surely go their separate ways, and she didn't want to leave out not even knowing who he was. You know, allies and all. "I'm Lyanna."

(This post was last modified: Aug 09, 2018, 12:41 AM by Lyanna.)
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
Mako's tail continued to slowly swish behind him. This could have turned out so, so badly. Definitly not his proudest moment. At least neither of them had been seriously hurt, and thankfully she seemed as ready as he was to put it all behind them with an apology of her own. 

"I'm Mako." He introduced himself, a small smile pulling at the edges of his lips.

"Guess I'll... See you around, then?" He ventured, pale eyebrows lifting upwards and ears canted forward. They were neighbors, and allies, it wouldn't be too odd to hope to see her again, would it?
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn
@Mako

Mako.

Well wasn't that a solid name, fitting to his darker features and brawn. It also wasn't a name she'd soon forget. Lyanna looked her new acquaintance over a final time, a novel fondness to the warm glint in her amber eyes. Somehow she had a new appreciation for handsomeness, which was even more striking now that she wasn't mad at him. And to think, just minutes ago the two of them had been scuffling around. She supposed they would see each other again, perhaps sooner than later.

"Yeah..." she replied softly, her tone...was it...actually sounding like she was disappointed to part ways? Wow, he'd really done a number on her alright. "I guess so," she smiled. With a quiet sigh, the girl turned to make her exit, to get on with her task of tracking down the herd that had brought her here in the first place. She only made it a couple of steps before thinking better of just leaving it at that. Looking over her shoulder, her gaze found his eyes.

"...Don't be a stranger, Mako." With that, she gave him an encouraging (flirtatious!?) wink before padding off with an even wider smile on her face.

{end}