Somebody's watching — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 119 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
@Lyanna

Ramiel ARCHER
I don't believe in no devil,'cause I done raised this hell

Ramiel knew he shouldn't do it, that Nin would probably be upset especially after what had recently happened. He still wasn't sure whether to congratulate his brother on a job well done or berate him for doing something so stupid. At that moment however it didn't matter as he slipped through the underbrush.

That thing he wasn't supposed to be doing, sneaking around the borders of Shallows Edge. Ramiel had to wonder if he had a secret death wish doing something that would probably piss a lot of wolves off. The yearling clearly didn't care or he'd already would have turned back. He stepped close to the border and tried to see if he could glimpse anyone.

Table by Grey
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn
guard dem 1/3

Finally feeling like she was beginning to regain her strength, and also feeling a little claustrophobic in her confinement to the infirmary, Lyanna decided that she'd take a walk to clear her mind, get some fresh air. Nightfall felt like the perfect time, where she would be cloaked in the safety of darkness. By no means did she plan to stray outside the borders, but nearing them - well - it was going to be the closest thing to a break she'd be able to find for now.

Her paws crunched atop the grass that was all but dried out with every step she took. The air was cool, the breeze just right as it slipped through her tawny fur. Overhead the moon was a bright silver, casting its eery glow down upon the leaves and branches of the forest. It was quiet tonight, as if even the crickets and the owls were too apathetic to fill the world with their sounds. For once in a long while, it felt good to be so alone.

Nearing the northernmost border, she walked along inside of the scents that heavily marked the edge of their world and the beginning of the world outside. Stopping for a moment to crane her head skyward - ever so slightly with a wince - she realized she could hardly see the stars for all the moonlight. She admired it for a time, admired the stillness of it all, until a very familiar scent came to her on the breeze as if to slap her in the face.

It couldn't be. That half a man - that foolish boy - wouldn't be so incredibly bold to have actually come all this way to lurk at their borders. What - had he come to try and finish her off? Or worse, to apologize? Every muscle in her body twisted up tightly, fury pulsing through her veins like fire. He must be even more dull in the head than he'd come off the first time around. The Keep wolf would find no mercy here. He would certainly never find forgiveness from her.

Never.

She didn't even make an effort to assert her position. She didn't even care. She despised him.

"Show yourself."

(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2018, 04:33 PM by Lyanna.)
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER

Nin probably wouldn't be very happy if she knew what he was up to. The Archer didn't know exactly what he was looking for if anything but he figured he would know when he found it. Regardless he chalked it up to doing his job, how was he to counsel his queen if he wasn't knowledgeable of what was going on with Shallows edge?

The night cloaked him quite well his dark pelt blending into the shadows of the forest. There was a breeze, that was unfortunate. The yearling only slightly worried his scent would be carried to any that might be patrolling. He kept his distance from the border however, a clear sign he had no intentions of crossing. He doubted they would take it as such if they were anything like those surge wolves.

His silver eyes caught movement just across the border briefly. He watched for it to appear again and when it did he realized it was one of their numbers. Her scent came to him telling him the wolf was female. Good news in his opinion, he didn't fancy running into one of the males of the pack. It seemed that she hadn't been the only one that was noticed.

Without warning she came clearly upset with his presence, that he supposed was to be expected considering. She then demanding he show himself. The silver eyed yearling stepped confidently out of the shadows of the forest. “Now darlin’ is that anyway way to talk to a visitor?” He asked smoothly. Perhaps that might calm her down enough to talk with her. There was no need to start another fight with these wolves after all.

Table by Grey
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn
guard dem 2/3

The dark figure stepped into view without delay, his voice as smooth as glass as if he didn't care or realize the danger he was in just by being here. Really, he was lucky it had been her to come across him here and no one else; the vision of Askan ripping his teeth out was her first thought on the matter.

She snorted at his words, her ears flattening in annoyance. Darlin'. Fuck right off.

But in the moonlight, she could make out the lighter marbled markings in his fur that were quite different from the solid, inky appearance of the wolf who she thought would have killed her or left her for dead if she hadn't escaped their quarrel. So. If it wasn't her attacker to come knocking tonight, who was this - and what was he doing here? Quite frankly, none of his kind were welcome, as far as she was concerned.

"You're a fool for this. What do you want?" Even with the wound on her neck, she thought she would be capable of going another round with the intruder who was so close to the border that he might as well have walked right through.

(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2018, 04:41 PM by Lyanna.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Several coyote abandoned a half-eaten deer. But before you can take a bite they reappear.
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER

There was the faintest scent of blood on this female which clued the Archer into the fact that this was probably who his brother had scuffled with. Due to the darkness around them it was hard to see what injuries had been inflicted on her by his brother. That was a good bit of information for Ramiel to have.

A brow rose as she snorted at the words he spoke, he couldn't help but chuckle a little. “What would the lady prefer to be called?” He inquired since she was clearly not pleased.

It wasn't hard to see why she may have rubbed Judas the wrong way, his brother could be a little abrasive at times. Ramiel however wasn't there to start a fight with any of the edge wolves. He was merely there to gather information that could help the keep live peacefully with their neighbors. She seemed to think differently as she once again spoke more angry words.

“Maybe I am but it seems you are as well.” As for what he wanted well that was none of her business. It didn't matter at that point because their little meeting was interrupted by three coyotes appearing. An irritated growl rumbled his throat, “So damsel, you gonna stay mad at me or help with these vermin?”

Table by Grey
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn
guard dem 3/3

She didn't have time for his verbal nuances, nor the patience. After what had happened, she couldn't care any less about Vigil's Keep or any of the wolves who were part of it. For him to even be here was ludicrous, and if he had anything pertinent to offer a single one of the Edge wolves, he would have called for one of its leaders instead of loafing around - too close to - their borders, making small talk and trying to sound charming. Lyanna was hardly angry with him. If anything she couldn't for the life of her find a valid reason for him to be here. Not to mention he'd included that she'd been foolish for her part in her own assault; or so she inferred, as he hadn't actually elaborated much. He'd have done better not to have rubbed her the wrong way right off the bat. She dismissed his request for her name immediately.

"The fact is that you're fortunate it was me who found you here and no one else," Her tone was flat, her head and posture lifting as she looked down her snout at him. "As for those coyotes, they won't cross this border, and frankly you're the only one on the other side of it," she reminded him curtly, "so I suggest you be plain with your words and tell me what you're doing here, less you run out of time."

(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2018, 11:08 PM by Lyanna.)
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER

Whatever his feeling we're about what his brother had done he did have to say Judas had done a number on this girl. She went on talking, Ramiel was only half listening having decided she was beyond reasoning with at this point. His concern lay more with the three approaching coyotes and what exactly he was going to do about that. To hear the girl it was just himself against the vermin. He turned to face them his tail going high over his back as he puffed himself out to make himself look bigger than he actually was. His lips lifted in a snarl just as she finished with her tirade.

“Are you quite finished?” He asked her despite there being really no time for small talk. “You would let what my brother did to you make you so angry you wouldn't help a fellow wolf in need?” He asked turning his head to give her a pointed look before looking back at the coyotes. “If you must know princess I came with my queen and my brother to apologize to your alphas for what was done to you.” Though he doubted anything he said would do him any good. “Having that change of heart yet?”

Table by Grey
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

Part of her thought it sounded like the boy - apparently the brother of the wolf she'd gotten into it with - was trying to communicate his apparently good intentions. She quirked an eyebrow of the sight of him beginning to feel a bit panicked, perhaps, as the trio of coyotes drew nearer. Had he not continued with his presumptions and little pet names - princess being the latest - maybe she would have felt more inclined to help him. But as it were, she was finding his haughty attitude somewhat unappealing, and she clearly didn't owe him or any of them a damn thing. What was he expecting her to do, exactly?- charge out there to defend him, of all people, in her condition? If it hadn't been for his pathetic excuse for a brother, neither he nor she would be in this situation to begin with.

"Funny," she started nonchalantly, as if she had all the time in the world, "-that the three of you would come all the way down here to apologize. Must be quite a predicament for you all." Her tail swayed patiently behind her as the dark-furred stranger began to snarl and posture at the approaching threat.

"And no, I don't suppose I have had a change of heart."

Yet...It wasn't her nature to be apathetic or to stand idly by while another wolf - still an enemy to her, for all intents and purposes - was on the fringe of being mauled down by a bunch of coyotes, despicable creatures that they were. She shouldn't take the risk, not for a wolf of Vigil's Keep. But. Uggghhh.

The tawny girl's posture rose aggressively, her hackles standing on end as her tail curled up to arch over her back, as she resigned to draw up beside him. Her eyes narrowed upon the coyotes, a deep growl rumbling threateningly in her chest. Three coyotes weren't really a match for two wolves, but the ones around here were nothing if not bold. She couldn't believe this was actually happening - all she'd wanted was a nice stroll through the moonlight. Was that so much to ask for?

(This post was last modified: Aug 10, 2018, 01:50 AM by Lyanna.)
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER

As per usual the damn coyotes couldn't just stay away just this once, Ramiel was growing more annoyed with them. He wasn't a stupid wolf, he knew he was no match for three coyotes and would end up either pretty beat up from a fight with them or worse. So what choice did he have, appeal to the good heart he hoped the girl had. She still didn't move to come and help him out though. She was certainly tougher to dissuade than he thought she'd be. Instead while the coyotes did their posturing and snarling she talked some more. He barked a warning as one of the vermin moved to take a step toward him.

“Look princess,” because at this point that was exactly what she was acting like, “I am not saying what my brother did was right,” it certainly wasn't what he would have done, “But regardless of that this moment really isn't the time whether you want to help me or not these coyotes are close enough to your borders to sneak in a steal your food and believe me if they have the chance they will so you should he helping me for the sheer fact of that.”

And of course she hadn't had a change of heart, he didn't think that would last long. A girl upset about an apology was just the kind he needed to give him a paw. He had complete faith in his judgement of her character and she didn't disappoint either. Next moment she was next to him putting on quite the show for these Vermin but still they didn't back down.

“Guess you've had that change of heart,” he said before turning back to their visitors and taking a step toward them growling and snarling. He hoped that might deter them from trying to advance any further.

Table by Grey