(See All?) Announcements
294 Users Online
Google, Bing, Aquene, Baidu

we're still so young, desperate for attention — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

She let out a breath she had been holding, once she saw Lachesis' pale form emerge. Once he was reunited with his son, she half expected the father to have some stern words to offer. But he didn't. He simply appeared grateful...relieved. She supposed it made sense. This was likely the very first time the timid young Stark had ventured beyond the borders. Completely by accident of course. As she knew would happen, the male noticed the baby bird nestled by Legolas' feet. She was silent for the moment, letting the boy speak up and explain as best he could.

After he had finished, declaring the name of his new friend, Chip, Jynx nodded. "He found Chip huddled in a bush. I explained why I thought he might be out of his nest. A bruised wing, likely." She shook her head, russet ears falling back. She smiled sweetly at the boy, paired with the birb. "I couldn't bring myself to just leave him defenseless." She bent her head low, so her muzzle was beside the young Stark's ears, while she wore a grin, using a low voice. "Besides, we have two very accomplished healers. I think it'd really make someone's day if they could patch the lil guy up." She implied on the behalf of Lachesis or even Emrys. She believed seeing Chip nurtured back to health would be a valuable educational tool for Legolas. And if he wanted the birb as a friend, a wonderful chance for the odd pair to grow up together.

(This post was last modified: Oct 11, 2018, 08:50 PM by Jynx.)
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Chip. The pale father nodded softly at his son’s response before his gaze turned to his tawny subordinate to listen to her explain what had happened before his arrival. Lachesis would scold his son later, in private, about straying too far from the borders but for now he was just grateful that Jynx had found him. Coyotes were unpredictable, disgusting creatures and Lachesis did not want to think about what could have happened if Jynx had not been there. All that mattered was that little Legolas was safe … and that Chip was, too.

He leaned forward, his brows pinching tight as he examined the little grey bird. He hoped that Jynx was right and that it was nothing more than a bruised wing, but they wouldn’t know for sure until Lachesis—or Emrys—had a better look at it. Of course, he hummed in response to his subordinate as he turned to her once more, his tail swaying softly behind him. Shall we head back to the dens and see if we can find Emrys? I’m sure he wouldn’t mind checking out Chip’s wing. He gave his son a quick lick between his ears as he waited for a response.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Arla who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Legolas Stark

His paws continued to tremble as he observed the two older wolves. His father had not scolded him yet for leaving the safety of the Surge but he knew it was coming. Eventually. He just did not want to get mad in front of Jynx which was okay. He did not want to get scolded with her around anyway—it was so embarrassing! Legolas knew it had been foolish for him to wander so aimlessly. He knew he needed to be more observant of his surroundings otherwise he would surely end up as coyote-food. And that was the last thing he wanted.

Legolas was grateful that Jynx had taken the reins on what had happened—the frail boy did not know if he could muster up anymore words. And if he could they would likely take a week to stumble off his quivering tongue. His navy gaze turned, excitedly, to his father as Jynx mentioned two very accomplished healers taking a look at little Chip’s wing. Yes!! Yes please!! He wanted to plea but the words hesitated in the back of his throat; his eyes widened instead, silently pleading with his father.

He nearly squealed as his father complied. He glanced down at Chip, a wide smile tugging at the corners of his mouth as his tail wiggled behind him. C-c-c’mon, Ch-chip, he cooed as the little bird, his expression softening. His father quickly—and gently—picked up his friend and placed him between his shoulders. Legolas beamed at the older Stark before setting off for the heart of the Surge, his over-sized paws marching across the forest floor. H-h-hurry up! He called to the older wolves. He knew they would catch up so his pace did not slow—Legolas was on a mission to get his friend some help!

Fade… and archived.