Bing, Google

BWP down those stairs — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Weather:Smoke 64.4 ° F, 18 ° C
All welcome

It was clear summer was begging for more weeks. It's heat hung throughout the day, and started to wane as the sun passed. But with the dying grasses, and even some leaves changing it wasn't hard to guess what would soon come. Time was always the consistent. Fall would be here, and winter would follow. But he hated to think of it all right around corner. His first day here, he knew he didn't belong. Knew he was supposed to be elsewhere. But he was no closer to finding it. Part of it was his fault. It wasn't like he had put great effort into it. Searching, and asking questions. Trying to figure out where he'd come from. Yet, he found no confidence in his strange visions, dreams, or inclinations. Did they really mean something? He was convinced a river might, but he was sure there were a lot of rivers and there was probably little differences in between to know which one was...his.

Today he told himself it'd be different. So he forced himself out from the borders he had long kept behind in safety. As the sun began to light the world there was a change. It wasn't fog, or mist, or clouds. But it did cut off the view of the valley below. A great, gray haze settled over the valley obstructing everything. It made his nose hurt despite how there was no evident fire here. But it wasn't just that. He knew it had meant something terrible. It made him remember he hated that smell, and familiar fear curled around him. He recalled the black clouds that beat down his throat. Choking him, as he tried to race from the heat. From flames that ate the ground, the trees, and chased him. He'd been lost then too trying to find someone...somewhere. He'd found a river to keep him safe. He could picture the charred trees.

(This post was last modified: Aug 12, 2018, 04:10 PM by Triell. Edit Reason: coyotes )
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: the irony of Vaken bumping into Triell without knowing it is Triell was too good to pass up. Hope you don't mind!

EDIT OOC: I am so sorry I brought coyotes with him

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

What was this old man doing? Watching him with confused, vaguely annoyed eyes, Vaken continued to climb down the mountain with a unhappy expression. Was he going to die here? The yearling felt his mouth tighten into a thin line, but he kept himself quiet. The air wasn’t good on the mountain top today. The small boy had climbed up it to work on his leg strength, but thought better of it after inhaling some of the putrid fumes. It wasn’t worth it. He would just ask Ferreiran to meet him back over Heartleaf Creek, practice balance again. Maybe even take Garmir up on his offer and ask him for help in the Wildwood.

What he was not going to do was wait around on the mountain, breathing in smoke like a moron. It burned his lungs and stung his eyes. Glancing over his shoulder, the yearling watched the old man like a car crash. He just couldn’t look away. Letting out a sigh, annoyed at himself for even caring, he gave a soft bark as if to say hey, you doing okay? It was a genuine concern, but it felt a little abrupt and short. The yearling was not very polite and it showed in moments like this. He was too direct sometimes, not even introducing himself or saying hello. Instead, he froze, and then slowly turned his body around and took a step towards him. “You don’t look too good,” he observed.

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Aug 11, 2018, 07:59 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
In the distance there is a large pack of coyotes howling.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Not at all! :D      hmm guess we'll have to see if anyone will join or if they'll have to run to safety.

It took him longer than he would have liked to realize he was being watched. By a small, young fellow of all things. Upon the stranger's bark his shoulders twitched and his eyes flashed upon the loner. Cause he surely looked the part. What did he want? It seemed he wasn't' entirely sure either. He stood stock still until deciding he needed to get a closer look. Triell tried to put little thought in what his bark had meant. What it had been for.

"You're one to talk," he replied in turn, a ghost of a grin. It was all he could manage trying to slide his memories back under the rug so to speak, and deal with the present. Someone had scoffed at him for living in the past, he wished he could remember who.

"I'm sure your mother taught you to respect your elders, or at least she should have." It was plain in his voice he was teasing, a little at least. He might not  remember how old he was exactly, but his body was reminder enough he'd lived a lot longer than most. That maybe he should be grateful he was still alive. But it was another concept he didn't care to think about too much. He was hardly sure of anything.

He meant to tease the young man further about it but the voices of coyotes rose in the distance, settling him back into a colder reality. Or somewhat, as another quip slipped out. "Friends of yours?"

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

“I’m not the friends type,” Vaken purred, his ears twitching to catch the distant sound of coyote song. “You’re more likely to bump into a three headed goat than a friend of mine.”  A small grin played onto his facial features, lightening his entire face. He had a few friends around the lore, but even more enemies. The coyotes counted as the latter. Letting out one last soft chuckle, the boy straightened his face and puffed out his chest. There was a more serious issue on hand, and that was the possible vermin that could be interrupting their banter.

Clearly, the man wasn’t in any condition to be fighting coyotes. That meant they had to move- quick down the hill and to safety. Vaken was not sure what to do exactly. The man was old and not too healthy, and that was dangerous around here when the coyotes were so plentiful. Did this man not have a pack? He grunted. Surely he didn’t have the authority to invite him to live at the Draw, but what else was there to do?

He looked around frantically, Vaken was not lawful or good much at all. It was too late for him to distance himself from the situation and abandon the man. He had accepted this as his challenge, and now he was paying the price. “Where can I take you,” he asked quickly, looking at the large dark wolf with desperation. It would take a while for the coyotes to reach them, but it would take a while to get off the hill too. He couldn’t smell anything but smoke on the other wolf’s pelt. He truly was a loner. Vaken racked his brain for a solution, then let out a little hrmph of acceptance. “The coyotes don’t cross pack borders. I am staying with a pack within the wildwood, they would let you stay there. It is a bit of a travel from here-” he sighed. “But there is a closer pack if you’d prefer. I don’t know them, but surely they would allow an elder to rest there too. I might not be taken too kindly.”

Maybe Garmir would help him- or Sahalie and Kino? He felt his face tensing up. It was instinct for him to make knee-jerk reactions to a high pressure situation, but he couldn’t boss around the man like that. Instead, he fell silent and looked at the man in panic.

(This post was last modified: Aug 12, 2018, 05:35 PM by Vaken.)
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

The elder wandering was enough to worry her but the looming smoke only heightened her worries. She crept after him in hopes of soothing any problems and perhaps leading him back to the Tarn. While she was not against him wandering, the threat of coyotes and smoke was too daunting to ignore. A huff escaped her as she arrived on the scene. Instantly she raised herself into a more dominant position. There was a yearling and by the sound of it, he planned on taking the elder elsewhere. She would not allow it. He had been taken into the Tarn and he would remain so until further notice.

We are not cold enough to turn away an elder. He is with us after all. She rumbled as the sounds of coyotes seemed to ring off the mountain walls. And I suggest all of us head back towards my territory before we become an easier target than we already are.

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Sorry for the slow going. I know this thread might die off but figured it'd be good for a clear exit at least for my boy.

A good laugh played in turn at the young man's remark. He wasn't sure if he believed it thoroughly. He didn't spend further time thinking about it. He ought to head back to the Tarn. He really didn't need to get hurt and extend their resources any more. Strands of his black hair bristled along his neck, back, and shoulders. He was not as weak as he had been. But he could put on a good show. Or try. He was finding he did a lot of that lately.

As the loner questioned him, Tree found himself hesitant. He hadn't really dealt with coyotes like this, and part of him didn't want them to follow him to the Tarn. He wasn't sure he believed borders were enough.

Thankfully in his hesitance Piety herself came at just the right time.  His dark tail, lowered at his hocks and gave a feeble wag. He didn't exactly like to think she'd been following him, babysitting. She had enough to worry about, and here he had went causing her more grief. But he wasn't about to argue and he was glad he didn't need to make a decision. The pale woman already made him feel safer with no qualms for the other to join them in safety. "Yes," was his short reply in agreement. He glanced to the yearling wondering for that moment if he would join them. But they all needed to get moving and he doubted they would let him take up the rear. So he pushed his limbs onward, testing them at first until quickening his stride, heading to the safety of the Tarn. {exit}

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: quick lil exit for Vaken too

Vaken had not been expecting another visitor, but it sure was a relief. Without the elder, he’d be fine. The yearling was quick enough to leave the vermin in the dust. It wouldn’t be pleasurable, but he was certain of his abilities. They would chase him, but he’d be okay. He lowered his head in thanks, but shook his head no at the white wolf’s words. “I can make it to the draw alone,” he stated. He would feel safer there, with Garmir, then he would with the strangers. He hadn’t meant his words disrespectfully, speaking quickly, but not sharply. He was stating a fact, reassuring them of his safety. He had enough stamina to make the trip.

He flicked his tail in goodbye. It was a quick gesture, barely noticeable. He then also took off, not glancing over his shoulder to make sure the others were okay. He was sure they’d be fine. It didn’t matter much to him though- the elder was no longer in his hands. Phew.

Exit