(See All?) Announcements
247 Users Online
Bing, Adelard, Google, Apollo, Chan

take off all your clothes — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 145 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remington
A recent heat wave has left the forest drier than usual.

Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

Remi couldn't really pick what her one favorite thing about the Edge was. The caves, the falls, and the lake all shared that spot. Each one held a great purpose, and brought comfort. But today it was in the shallows, the sun high above her did she think it might get the number one spot alone. After a long morning of patrol, checking for any new signs of coyote and enforcing markers the cold water was purely heaven.

A sigh of content eased from her lips, as she sank even further into the water. Letting it dampen her creamy underbelly, and limbs. It felt a lot hotter than normal today. As if summer was trying to give them its best shot before it passed.

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Have i mentioned that I looove remi?
I don't care if heaven won't take me back

How did that old saying go, birds of a feather something something? Either way, Askan could hardly blame Remington for seeing out the Shallows, as yet again it was so fucking hot. He stomped along, his tongue lolling out of the side of his mouth, only to pause when he realised just who was taking a dip. Ever since she had gained her fancy new title he hadn't seen too much of her, not because she was lazing on the job. Quite the contrary. Being the Shallows Keeper kept the woman busy, so he supposed she deserved a break. Working in this weather was unbearable, he knew that more than most.

"Don't drown." Askan rumbled, in way of greeting. She was on the edge of the Shallows, chilling in the puddly pools, so she was in no danger of that, but he couldn't resist saying it all the same.

With a grunt he dropped down beside her. He'd never been awfully touchy feely but there was only so much space in the puddles, if he wanted to get cool he'd have to play nice. Which wasn't so hard really, Remi wasn't so bad.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Remington
:D

Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

On a day like this she wasn't surprised to hear footsteps. These footsteps weren't exactly regular ones. They sounded like they belonged to a certain someone because they were a little heavier. Her eyes cracked open at his chosen greeting.

"No promises," she shot back with a wry smirk. Though she wasn't the greatest swimmer she knew how, and the dangers rivers could possess. Here in the pools there wasn't danger unless someone wanted to see how long they could hold her head under water. Something she didn't think Askan would do. Unless she'd given him good reason. Her lips quirked further at the thought when she probably shouldn't have been amused by it. It was just the way her mind worked, something she thought was a good thing. Most the time.

As he sunk in, joining her her brows raised in surprise for the slightest second. She figured he'd continue to the caves or something. But after her training, and her continued hard work something had definitely changed. One she didn't' mind.

"Too hot for you too huh?" She suddenly realized she didn't know if he was fond of water. Maybe. They'd chosen this place after all. "Did you guys pick this place for this reason?"

(This post was last modified: Aug 30, 2018, 02:40 AM by Remington.)
[Image: se_by_a_yellow_bird-dc2z4ij.png]
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

"Ugh, you can say that again." He grumbled, with a telltale Selwyn squint. He would've glared at the sun if it didn't hurt his eyes.

At her question, he pursed his lips in thought. He supposed he could see why she thought that, after all these days he did tend to visit the lake more often than he used to. But really, it was both more and less complicated than that.  He'd chosen the lake because he liked it, because it reminded him of Skyfall Glen and the good memories he'd created there. Everyone needed to drink and this way they would never run the risk of going thirsty. But more than that, he realised that he'd wanted something stark different from the field. He wanted privacy and cover, things that couldn't really be found in his former pack.

"Not really. It was close to freezing over when I first came here." Funny how weather seemed to be a pendulum, swinging back and forth between two extremes. "I didn't want Wild Rye Fields point two, you know? I wanted something new, that was completely ours."

He crossed his paws neatly in front of him as he flicked his tail to cover his side.

"Where did you go when you left?" This time he wasn't accusing her of anything, the Edge Lord was simply curious.

(This post was last modified: Sep 01, 2018, 07:53 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Remington
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

There was her eased smile as he seemed to think upon the question itself. Something she didn't mind. It wasn't like she chatted a lot, and she liked knowing more of Askan's mind. Of course she should have remembered they hadn't really known it'd look like this under all of winter's coat. It just felt like they'd been here a lot longer. "I'm glad you did. The Fields were nice, but I do think this is much better." She liked the feeling of the forest around them. The beauty of the shallows, and the caverns that offered protection.

Leave it to Askan to be strictly direct. But, hey he hadn't asked for all this time and she didn't sense any judgement. So she probably shouldn't feel so blind sided. But it was probably obvious the way her eyes blinked, if looking off else where, she had been anything but prepared for that question. She attempted to smooth her silver facade."Well I ended up south of the Fields. In some strange timber lands. It was pretty bad terrain, the trees were thick, and the ground was rocky, getting taller in all the weird places. There was a nasty storm that didn't help." She thought about leaving out the next detail. There was those few seconds of hesitance. "Met a horrible fellow in the middle of it. Getting away from him, I honestly don't really know where I ended up. Just that my feet carried me as fast as they could. I basically tried to stay away from anything till the season passed. Till I found something familiar." Till she decided she missed the Fields, and she didn't want to return to her home pack. She put on a faint smile of sorts, not really feeling her answered would suffice. But she didn't know what else to say about it.

"So have anyone else interested in being a Keeper?" She wondered if those undecided had made up their minds, and if she might have someone joining her in her role.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
note to self this takes place before hawth left SE

At least they both could agree with that. The Fields were charming, in their own right, but the openness of it all was a bit too much at a times. Askan supposed that was part of the reason he'd been so vigilant during his stay there, that he always felt like someone was watching, waiting for a moment of weakness to strike. Here though, things didn't feel exposed. The forest did well to conceal them from the outside world, so much so that unwelcome visitors were very few and far between. Just as the Edge Lord liked it.

For a moment he wondered what Remington would say, whether her story would be enough to satisfy his curiosity. As it turned out she travelled further than he had anticipated, he figured she had lurked around the fringes of the Lore but from the sound of it she had wandered far from the Field to find some sense of...relief. Askan cringed at the thought. All her trouble with awful, rocky terrain and a guy who couldn't take no for an answer was clearly enough to keep her busy. He supposed-begrudgingly, mind you- that she wasn't entirely at fault. Not that he was really gnawing on that old bone anymore, clearly he'd gotten over it. Mostly.

"What a prat. It goes without saying that you've got my permission to shove anyone's face in the dirt, if they try and...do that next spring." His nose wrinkled in disgust. No meant no, there was no ifs or buts. He was sure she could do it too, she was a Keeper after all.

"Hawth seems interested. I was thinking you could train her, show the ropes sometime."

Inactive No Rank
Remington
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

Askan was a lot better at this talking thing than she'd ever be. She wouldn't have known what to say in turn if she'd heard such a story. Unphased as he always was, he didn't miss a beat. He genuinely heard her, believed her, and most of all told her exactly what she should do. Getting it off her shoulders helped but his precise answer brought her smile out fully. "Most definitely," she agreed hoping she wouldn't have to. It'd be just like last year and she'd just find a hole to hide in till it was over. But it was a moment like this she could see why they'd attracted younger ones. They needed someone to guide them where others hadn't. Something certain. She'd bet Askan had an answer for almost anything and he was always real.

It might seem like she perked up at the mention of Hawth. Though her entire mood had been lifted just moment ago. "I'd love to." She liked the girl and was happy they had the same goal. It might give Reyes and Askan one less thing to worry about. Though she now wondered what did they worry about? There were basic things all packs did, but she realized she wasn't sure what else.

"So how are things with the...neighbors?" They now had a Keep wolf in their midst to make up for an injured member. But she still didn't understand what exactly had happened in the first place. Her questions likely in the creases of silver on her face, and soft, yellow gaze.

(This post was last modified: Oct 11, 2018, 03:25 AM by Remington.)
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

That was enough for Askan. He wasn't going to force Remington or Hawth into anything, but if they were both fine with it then why not? There was still a lot the yearling had to learn, but knowing her she'd do just fine. She was a smart girl after all, there were no fools in his pack, that much was certain. Rem then brought up the topic of neighbours and he snorted, he'd hardly call them that. That sort of implied that they belonged there, which in Askan's eyes they most certainly did not.

"They're all talk and they say very little of substance." A fact that clearly irked the Edge Lord. "An entourage visited the other day to try and make amends. Piss poor attempt if you ask me."

Amends had not been made, if anything it just made the situation all the more precarious. Honestly though, Askan wasn't worried. What did he have to fear? If they tried anymore shit he'd have the right to personally kerbstomp them and surely they wouldn't want that...

"They're all so fucking cocky, it's a little sad actually." Like they were all so desperate to prove their worth.

With another huff Askan crossed then uncrossed his front paws. This was a part of leadership that he hated, dealing with the outliers, annoyances. He wouldn't shirk his duties though, let alone foist them onto someone else. He'd made his bed and he was going to sleep in it.

Inactive No Rank
Remington
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

It was never hard to see the Selwyn's displeasure. He openly displayed it....like now. But it was good to always see where he stood. It made things a whole lot easier not to decipher shit.

"Well what the hell actually happened to begin with?" Much as others might not spit the question out she couldn't hold back. It was something she wanted to know not just for curiosity sake but to understand. If there was a threat she should be watching. To just hear exactly what he knew instead of guessing or being an assuming ass.

"Worse than the last ones?" If they were full of themselves she was not looking forward to what other "encounters" they might just have. With the way he said he she wondered how young the members of this pack were. Or if they were just inexperienced with big heads their parents had helped them grow.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

It was complicated, far more so than it needed to be. Askan hadn't seen it all develop first hand but he trusted Lach enough to take his word as gospel. Besides, there were some parts of the story he was familiar with, so it wasn't as though he was completely in the dark here.

"Few months ago a pack settled on the lake, not too far from Driftwood Surge. They knew that the Surge was there, one of their members was a former Surge wolf but they decided on that spot anyway. You know how it took a while for Wild Rye Field to make contact with the other northern packs?" A fact Askan hadn't really approved of, but that was neither here nor there. Instead, he waited a beat to see if Rem remembered. "Well Vigils Keep went and did that as well, then got all pissy when Lach introduced himself by hunting on the grounds that used to be theirs."

It was a bold, risky move but he couldn't begrudge the medic. After all, he'd been furious, insulted. Sometimes it was best to fight fire with fire.

"Then a Keep wolf attacked Lyanna, so they came down and-well, you know the rest." He sneered. And that was that, nothing more to say. "If they didn't act like they were the shit then maybe they'd be a bit more tolerable, as things stand I don't like them. Have no interest in even dealing with them, if they try anymore shit I will end them." He said it with such finality, such self assurance that it was clear he wasn't pissing around.