Google, Bing, Eros, Nadine, Apollo

you try to match wits — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 145 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remington
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

It had been a long while since she'd left the Edge. It seemed the coyotes were smart enough not to stray past pack borders, but she still was vigilant. They had gotten bolder, and there might be a time when they push their luck further when a cache tempted them. Or they thought there might not be much of the pack about and she wanted to leave them with little opportunity. It was her official job now. But it wasn't the only one. They all had to eat. It was with that thought she headed north to really stretch her legs.

She didn't hope to catch something, but maybe see an opportune moment for a pack hunt. With little trouble she followed the signs of a caribou herd hoping to come upon them. So far she unlucky, and knew she was probably getting a bit too close to the lake. She was sure they were on good terms with Driftwood Surge, but she rather leave them their space. Especially without an official blessing given to hunt so near by. By the looks of it, she'd probably just end up going home. The herds were probably only moving further to the lowlands and she wouldn't follow so far. A little worn, as the day was only getting hotter, she decided a break was in order. She wanted the lake, but each path she followed only seemed to twist back to another, leading her no closer to the water. Frustrated an exasperated groan fled her throat, and she sat down.

Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

Travelling in this weather seriously had to be a bad idea, but… Well, what else was she supposed to do? Sit her skinny ass down and wait for the coyotes to come knocking? It wasn’t like they were going to leave her alone because she was hot and tired.

Yeah, jes’ gimme like five, an’ then y’can chase me again! Thanks!

Namir snorted at her internal monologue and kept trotting. Even her itchy paws seemed to be getting sore. Her mouth was dry – actually, she felt kinda light. Kinda like she was floating. But not in the good way, like when she was swimming or something. Like in the ‘the gravity is totally out of control’ kind of way. Not a good way.

Maybe that was why she felt compelled to rumble softly, trying to coax words out of her parched throat and get Remington’s attention. “Yo! There’s th’ lake ‘round here, yeah? Can y’point me that ways?”

[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Played by Vami who has 114 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Judas Orion Archer
It was hotter then hell itself, or so Judas felt as such as the sun pounded down on his stark black coat, leaving his body hot to the touch, his tongue lolling out of his mouth to pant. It reminded him why he seldom traveled around during the daylight hours especially now during the summer months. It was far worse then he rememberee it being last year when he was just a pup. Typically he would be cooling off on one of the rock slabs in the pack's communal den situated in a cavern. However since his tussle with the Edge wolf and the drama it had caused he had been actually trying to do some kind of good around the pack as though to make up for it.

Maybe he would find something to eat? Judas couldn't imagine running around trying to catch food in this heat and found himself huffing to himself. Ahead he heard the words of another wolf, a female but she was not talking to him. She was talking to another girl, an Edge girl, he noticed with a sniff. If he were a smarter guy he would have backed off. "I figure I could take ya? Ain't far." Besides, this trying to make use of himself as a pack wolf was pretty exhausting.
(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2018, 07:27 PM by Judas.)
Inactive No Rank
Remington
Thanks for joining me you two and waiting. @little crow @Judas

Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

She hadn't known another was close. Moving at the same time and all. Plain as day a young girl's voice reached her. "Hell I wish I could, but I'm not sure either." Freakin' fantastic. They could proceed forward? Maybe she knew a few more trails to avoid. Sitting in this heat was gonna make them sick. Her gold eyes took the girl in. She looked like she'd been traveling too long already.

To her surprise a dark male seemed to have heard their misfortune. He was familiar. Oh right, that was the guy who had hurt the new girl and he was suppose to help out. Something Remi hadn't really tried to wrap her head around. Far as she understood he was in trouble because he'd left evidence of his bite.

"Great! You lead and we'll follow."Though Remi let the dusty colored gal go first. She looked like she could use some kindness, and she was a little worried she might tip over before they reached the lake.

(This post was last modified: Aug 30, 2018, 02:57 AM by Remington.)
[Image: se_by_a_yellow_bird-dc2z4ij.png]
Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

Namir had no idea the woman and the youngster knew each other, if only peripherally. She narrowed her eyes a fraction at his approach – asking another woman was one thing, but some young upstart? It made the skin on the back of her neck start to prickle uncomfortably, wondering what exactly he had planned on.

Maybe he knew where the lake was. Maybe he didn’t. Maybe neither of those things mattered because his intention was to lead them somewhere awful, strike them down, and—

The woman blinked again. She was getting ahead of herself. Her paranoia was awfully tenacious in this heat. Maybe if she just had a drink? Namir wasn’t exactly in the condition to fight, but… She could probably run if this guy turned out to be bad business. As the woman deferred, the loner took a step to start following the dark male. They smelled…kind of similar? Maybe? A trick of her heat exhaustion?

“…so…you two know each other, ‘er what?”

@Remington @Judas -- No worries! And her tag is 'Namir', just so you know! <3 Thanks!
[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Played by Vami who has 114 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Judas Orion Archer
The Edge wolf turned when he spoke, taking note of him though not saying anything snarky about his previous situation. He didn't remember seeing this woman while he spent his new days around the Edge territory, then again Judas had done his best to completely avoid all the members of that pack while he remained just on the inside of the borders but nowhere near the heart of their territory or the communal den. Certainly though, her scent was familiar to him as his must have been familiar to her. He'd leave it unspoken. After all, Judas had never regret the scrap he had with @Lyanna but that it had only caused so much drama.

The Edge wolf seemed quick enough to take up his offer, saying if only he would lead they would follow. The loner seemed hesitant but she too started up taking pace once Judas turned and started heading back into the direction of home. Of course, he would steer clear of the Keep's borders but perhaps he would be lucky enough that one of his members would see them and know Judas was 'playing nice' with the neighbors despite the lack of them doing so towards them.

"Ah, not entirely." He tossed his head around his front leg to look over the tawny woman as he answered her. "She's in a pack south of here, mines not far..." And they just kept coming up here looking for food while the Keep wolves were warned never go move South. He turned back forward, lip twitching as he held back the scoff. "Names Judas Archer."
Inactive No Rank
Remington
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

The tawny wolf proceeded. Rather curious or making small talk she realized they must be pack mates. Or as her question posed she didn't have a particular word for what they were since their scents were probably a little of this and that. Remi herself wasn't sure what to say. It didn't sound great what he'd done to Lyanna. But all the same she didn't see why she should say it specifically. Maybe her other packmates would have. Making him inform everyone around the east as part of his sentence. Something about the whole thing felt off to her and she kept silent.

Almost

He kind of answered the loner but Remi was a little worried she might get the wrong idea. Like they spent time together for other reasons. Something that shouldn't bother her but did.

"He's just been learning some stuff from my pack." That wasn't a lie after all, and would make sense. And now she had a name to go with his face. "Glad you know you're way around Judas. I've only been here once. I don't leave the Edge too much." Which was true. This was her first outing in a long time. "I just go by Remi and what 'bout you?" She asked, indicting the one in the middle.

Her golden eyes kept scanning up ahead, eager for the lake.

(This post was last modified: Oct 11, 2018, 02:49 AM by Remington.)
[Image: se_by_a_yellow_bird-dc2z4ij.png]