then the special secret sickness starts to eat through you — Midnight Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
Just after sunset, Cloudy, 64°F, 18°C

piety santoro
into a white and soundless place

A cough escaped her as she finally reached the plateau, the kind of cough that made her stop and take a few moments to really get it out. Her breath was wheezy for a few moments after. Once it settled down she kept moving again. This area was familiar to her. She had visited it plenty of times since settling down on the mountain with her family.

She found a sheltered place to settle down -- for the night or for a few hours was undetermined yet -- as the sun settled along the horizon. It was a beautiful view. It helped to take her mind off of everything for just a little bit. She curled up tightly, tucking herself into her own form.

The tattered Santoro would have found it easy to drift off for some rest had another coughing fit not rattled her back awake.

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

Lorcan made it to the borders of Clearwater Tarn just as the sun was setting along the horizon. Looking down on the tarn from his position higher up on the mountain, the agouti male was suddenly filled with a sense of excitement and anxiety. There would surely be many questions for him. Why did he go, where had he been, who had he been with? The male's stomach tightened at the thought of it all, the thought of having to recall and explain the truly terrible thing he had done. He was certain that Piety wouldn't be able to look at him the same way once she found out what he had been capable of. Try as he might, he was not the same man that she trusted with her heart and her last name all those months ago.

Golden gaze glimmered beneath the warm colours of the sunset sky, tears threatening to swell in his eyes as he took in the view of his home. The very place he had fought hard to return to, the family who he refused to walk away from. Lorcan stiffened, sniffing softly as he shuffled his paws against the stone beneath him before he started to walk forwards towards the borders. He would he crossed right into the territory had he not caught the fresh scent of his wife leading away from the territory. Her scent seemed different somehow, but Lorcan followed after it regardless, his black-tipped tail swaying behind him as he loped after the pale female.

He spotted her settled down in a sheltered area of the plateau, the same place he had taken her to watch the sun go down all those months ago. He approached her tentatively, his golden eyes fixed on her pale tattered form. He greeted her with a whine — Piety... — only pausing his attempt to embrace her when a cough suddenly raked through her chest. He waited until she had regained herself before trying to brush his muzzle up against her cheek and smother her face in tender kisses. I've missed you so much, I-I-I can't even begin to explain how much I've wanted just to... He tried to brush his muzzle up against her again, trying to coat his dirty fur in her scent until he suddenly noticed the odd accent to her scent again. He took a step back to take her all in, his tail sweeping to curl up anxiously between his legs. You, y-you're sick? He questioned nervously, his lips pulling down into a guilty frown. He should have stayed home.

(This post was last modified: Aug 22, 2018, 07:25 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

Suddenly there was a presence against her. She was jerked awake from her tired state as she pulled back. Her form pressed up against a wall of stone as tired brown eyes finally realized who was encroaching upon her personal space. Her tail curled over her spine as her hackles raised. Her gaze was cold and hard as she breathed out a rough answer. I suppose so. She was no healer but it was obvious she was not well even to her untrained eye. Mentally - although that was more hidden to those not aware of the Tarn's on goings - and physically.

And where did you get off to? She questioned as her cold tones barely raised above a whisper. He had missed so much, she had needed so much from him. There was a settling feeling of guilt in her stomach as she realized this is what @Skoll must have felt like upon her own disappearance. She could only assume the fates were giving her what she deserved.

Her body language made it clear she was not willing to accept him back. At least not yet.

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T