Google, Bing

that kid is sketchy — Rogue Outcrop 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: yikes probably should edit this in:

September 1st, 2018
A sudden downburst has flattened several small trees and shrubs.

when I'm bad I'm better

The weather had been undeniably bizarre. One minute it was raining, the next nothing at all. Then, all of a sudden the storm had appeared, mixed with hail and high winds. Vaken had looked for cover, spending the night hidden behind the large rock. It did little to protect him from the storm, but it had been something. He had fallen asleep there, his body pressed tightly against the outcrop.

When morning arrived, the storm was gone. The only sign of its presence was the wet fur on Vaken’s spine. He woke up slowly, groggy, a little fatigued. It had been hard for him to fall asleep with thunder and lightning. He had slowly rose to his paws, yawned, and began the trek towards grass. It took him a second to notice the strange indentation. When he did, he starred at it as if his eyes were playing tricks. The grass was all flat here. The weeds and flora were smushed. Had it been the storm?

He couldn’t see how. Thunder was just a loud noise, and the flashing lights in the sky didn’t ever leave a mark- did they? How would they cause this? He pawed at the ground, expecting something to happen. When it didn’t, he sat. “Huh,” he grunted. “Sketchy.”

(This post was last modified: Nov 02, 2018, 01:45 AM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

Namir had hoped that the mountain would be a bit cooler than the forest – which wasn’t that bad, given how hot it had been in weeks past – but it still felt like it oughta be autumn by now. The recent rains felt like they should have helped, and they did, a little (at least there was more abundant water), but…

Wait. She knew that voice.

It made her skin prickle and her tail stand out straight. From where she was, it was difficult to tell if Vaken knew she was there, or if he was just talking to himself – the latter seemed just as plausible – which left her with a choice. She could just go on her merry way, but…

What had he found? Could it be eaten?

The idea drove the rogue forward, likely planning on how she might thieve a meal, when she laid sunshine eyes upon the very strange sight that had stopped Vaken in the first place. Her eyes bulged, ears pressing forward in slight disbelief. “What th’-- How does tha’ even happen?”

[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Out of all the faces in the lore, Crow’s was the most insulting to the young wolf. She appeared out of thin air, a curse. Her reason for existence was just to make his life harder- he was almost sure of it. When she spoke, it was nails on a chalkboard for the scrappy yearling. He jerked his head like he had seen a ghost when she made her entrance. He was tired of fighting. He wanted to scream it to the sky, he just wanted a break. This had to be a test, a cruel joke. “You’re telling me,” he grunted, scrapping at it with his paw.

It was too big of an impact to be just an ordinary creature, right? Even little shrubs and trees had been knocked over. It didn’t destroy the whole forest, but just an area of it- right up until the mountain. That was very odd. “Maybe a bear?” He wasn’t sure how, or why. It had to be a pretty big bear, maybe it rolled over this area? He squinted his eyes, searching for animal prints in them. First, the coyotes, and now this? He sighed. As long as the lady didn’t eat his guts, he’d count today a success regardless of the coyotes and bizarre landmarks.

(This post was last modified: Nov 02, 2018, 01:46 AM by Vaken.)
Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

“I don’ think bears get that big…”

Shit. She certainly hoped they didn’t get that big, or Crow was packing up and moving south for the winter, never to return. It was strange – and surprising – enough that she still didn’t have the energy – or effort – to make faces or rude remarks to Vaken. That in and of itself was quite a surprise, given how poorly their last interaction had went.

The woman crept forward into the clearing, slowly picking over downed branches and saplings as she sniffed the ground, trying to find tracks or a scent, but… But there was nothing. Nothing at all. “It…it smells clean, almost,” she said, a bit of wonder in her voice.

@Vaken -- omg PLEASE feel free to message me if I take that long again! ;o; I am so sorry!
[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: no rush!!! ! :)

when I'm bad I'm better

The yearling trailed behind the woman cowardly, his head and ears down as he followed in her footsteps. He wasn’t sure what had created this or where it had gone, but he knew it might come back. If it did he didn’t want to be the first one in the clearing: better her than him. He’d trip her along the way if he had to, a sacrifice to the possibly incredibly large bear-demon. It felt childish to consider, but the boy’s self preservation knew no bounds, especially in a situation like this. She had called him a coward before, he wasn’t gonna impress her. Why even bother? He didn’t even try and create a facade. He looked exactly how he felt, on edge and ready to run.

He wasn’t ready to jolt away quite yet. Instead he walked slowly behind her, searching the ground for any indicator of what had happened. A paw print should have left claw marks, toe impressions- something. There was nothing. “Got any enemies who knew you were coming this way? Maybe it is some sort of threat.”