(See All?) Announcements
524 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nadine

2 white lies — Hidden Tree 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 102 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn
RE: A sudden downburst has flattened several small trees and shrubs.

Sneaking away from the Tarn had gotten really really easy. When she'd been younger, smaller, the adults had kept a far closer eye on the Selwyn pup. It had been difficult to do anything naughty without earning a stern look from any one of her caregivers. These days though, not only was Jenny cleverer, but the adults seemed less attentive, tangled up in affairs that Jenny had no interest in.

So of course in typically Jenny fashion she'd taken full advantage of that and wandered off without a care in the world.

Jenny wasn't quite the same pudgy pup she'd been months ago. Her legs were now long and lithesome, which made her adventures that much easier. Soon she would be fully grown and would fit into her oversized puppy paws, till then she had a little more growing to do.

She'd spent the majority of her adventure surrounded by trees and all sorts of new smells, yet as she wandered the trees began to appear...squashed, as though something big and tall had smushed them under paw. Even the grasses and bushes seemed limp and flattened. The only tree that hadn't been affected seemed immeasurably old, as though it had been there since the dawn of time. It was a weathered thing, with a hole in the centre, more than big enough for her to poke her head inside. So that's exactly what she did.

(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2018, 06:58 PM by Jenessa.)
[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9d88.gif]
Played by Becca who has 22 posts.
Inactive Pup
Zale Mizuno-Kersey

Zale had taken off while his mother and father were busy with pack duties. He, too, had realized the bigger he got the less the adults focused on him. He had a bit more freedom with each passing week. He had also gotten a lot bigger sense his first time toddling outside of the den. Traveling was easier for the adventurous Mizuno-Kersey.

His head kept whipping back and forth as he examined this place. It looked...off. Everything seemed squished like when he laid in a patch of grass for too long. He was gonna do some more detective work when he spotted someone's head poking through a tree. "Hey!" He barked out as his tail suddenly started eagerly whipping behind his rump. His dark form bounded up a bit closer to the stranger from the other side of the tree as her.

This girl seemed about the same age as himself and the other Draw kids but he didn't recognize her. A new friend!

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

Jenny wished that the Tarn had something like this, a hideyhole all of her own. She liked the Tarn, with it's water and wide open spaces, but it all made it awfully difficult to be sneaky. If she had a tree like this then the possibilities were endless. With a grin she thought of all the treasures she'd could steal, all the mischief she could get up to. Squashed plants aside, this place was perfect.

And then got even better.

Jenny near jumped out of her fur when Zale's greetings reached her ears. What? Who was that? She wheeled around and-oh, for a moment it was like looking in the mirror. But as her brain caught up the differences between them became as clear as day. His coat was all black, whilst Jenny's was splodged with greys. And his eyes were so green that she wondered if they were even real, or whether he'd stolen the colour for his own devious devices. If that was the case then surely they were two birds of a feather, partners in crime.

"Heey!" Jenny cheered back in response, her grin grew so wide it made her cheeks hurt. She then motioned to the tree. "This is mine, but I will share. Better do what I say or..." Her bright yellow gaze wandered the forest, then lingered on the flattened foliage. Perfect. "Or I will squish you like I did those greens."

It was a fib, she'd never do that but....he didn't have to know, now did he?

Inactive Pup
Zale Mizuno-Kersey

She started talking real fast, laying down all sorts of rules. Zale didn't really like rules but he just kept nodding along like everything was fine and dandy. Maybe if he kept agreeing he would get to play faster. The boy didn't leave the Draw's safety just to have more rules to following. Boring.

His eyes looked around at all the squished-ness he had missed. His lips quickly formed an O shape as green eyes seemed to widen a little. "Well how'd ya do that?" He asked with a crooked grin as he looked back at the yellow-eyed girl. "Can ya teach me?" His voice seemed to raise a bit in pitch with excitement coursing through him, tail swaying enough to knock over a tree on his own. He didn't care about the hole in the tree anymore because knocking down whole areas of vegetation seemed a bit more destructive -- thus, a bit more exciting.

Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

Ha yes! As easy as that, Jenny had lured the pup right into her clutches. She hadn't even really gotten much practice as being naughty, but it appeared as though she was already a pro, that it came to her as naturally as splashing-which wasn't nearly as fun as it used to be. Jenny's smile transformed into a smirk as she nodded along in response to his unspoken question. Yes, she had really squished all those plants. She could make him just as flat, if she so pleased. It was all so much fun, so silly, that she couldn't help but wag her tail till it became a black blur, like the propellers of a helicopter.

"Maybe." She said, her tone gravelly and serious, or at least as much as she could manage. She pressed her paws down and...noticed how wet the ground was. And it had rained really hard the other day. Hmmm, maybe... "I'm special." She puffed up her chest. "I can move water just by thinking it. There was too much trees, I got a little lost and WHOOSH I smashed them all!" She stomped her paws for emphasis.

It was so silly, but exciting! Imagine what she could do if she actually had that power!

"Are you special?" She then asked, expectantly.

Inactive Pup
Zale Mizuno-Kersey

Oh, huh. He'd never heard of anyone doing something like that before. Did all wolves outside of the Draw do stuff like that? He felt a little embarrassed and perhaps jealous. At her question he quickly scrambled to find something just as cool to tell her. His eyes spotted the still standing trees that seemed a bit dark, just like himself. He knew not all trees were like that -- because his home did have a few uncharred trees.

"Course I am!" He chirped back cheerful as ever. "See them dark trees? I did that!" He proudly boasted as he puffed out his chest just a smidgen. "Didn' like them lookin' so bright so I fixed 'em." A toothy grin was given to the girl. "We could do lottsa stuff together!" She could crush trees and he could (pretend) to darken them to a sooty color.

What a duo the two of them would be.

Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

Jenny followed his line of sight and- oh. Yep, he was the one. Not only had he accepted her barefaced lie without complaint but he'd offered one of his own, they were like two peas in a pod. Finally, someone who appreciated Jenny for her clever ways! Her eyes widened as her gaze jumped from tree to tree, then her tail began to arch in circles, around and around till it ached a little.

"Yeah!" She cheered. "First stuff is...we need to get a name." Something to prove they were one of the same, a unit. Thinking of one was a lot easier said than done. The tip of her tongue poked out the corner of her mouth as she focused, this was so very important! "Liiiiike smashy and splashy? Nah that's dumb."

It needed to be cool, like them, not just any name would do.

Inactive Pup
Zale Mizuno-Kersey

A name? Well he didn't know about her but he already had a name. A really nice one too! But context clues gave away she meant a name that they could share. Which wasn't something he totally understood either but he let her take control on the decisions. For now at least.

"I dunno, I kinda liked it. What else ya got?" He asked as he plopped down onto his rear. The boy leaned against a tree, smearing old char and soot into his fur that would likely never be noticed. At least not until someone tried to clean off the seawolf. He wondered if maybe he should take a bath before he got back home. Nah. That was too much work.

Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

Jenny pursed her lips in thought. Their name couldn't be dumb, or childish, sneakery was a very serious business and the last thing she wanted was for all of it to fall flat on it's face because their name was stupid. Mimicking the boy, Jenny also sat down as her tail tapped at the floor. Tap tap tap, a rhythmic beat like the falling of rain.  

"What about...what's your name? We can smush em together, see if it sounds cool?"

Jen...something, as her name had to go first. Just because. Jenny didn't make the rules, she just enforced them. Or so she'd claim.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health