(See All?) Announcements
424 Users Online

Sweet Sweet Sis err grass err cic meh whatever!! — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rau who has 58 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
Zev Your Gift is: You have some sweetgrass for an upset stomach -- but you've eaten sweet cicely by mistake! Your stomach sure feels better, but your head gets a bit foggy, and you sure feel nice and dazed afterwards...
In my knowledge Sweetgrass (and I have native blood :D so we use it) it is better used for colds and sinus issues if you burn it, (it doesn’t really burn but smolders well like incense,) or we use it in a tea for sore throat and coughing; but I have never heard of it treating upset stomachs, I suppose it could be… it doesn’t look the same and with Zev’s knowledge of herbs he would not mistake the two, either way this will be FUN!!

So feel free to join especially if you have the same gift because Zev will encourage any wolf to eat it, Without telling them what it is, might even tell them it's sweet grass if they insist

Zev moved though the underbrush he was in search of more fall herbs that he could dry and use winter would be upon them soon and his supply of herbs was vastly under stocked, he scented the air having committed a lot of plant scents to memory and thought he smelled Sweetgrass nearby. As he thought of how to harvest the sweet grass he began to absently chew on a nearby plant this one tasted good like licorice, his paws stopped and he gnawed on the leaves before him still thinking about sweet grass.

He chewed absently and swallowed enjoying the flavour he must have been hungry, he ate and ate the leaves, Slowly his mind left the sweet grass as he pulled a stalk from the tall plant he had been gnawing on and he peered at the plant in front of him. He bit into the hollow stalk and his mouth flooded with the sweet licorice flavour, he savoured it as he stared at the small whitish blueish flowers something niggled at his mind foggy as it was from the sugar overload.

Sweet ci… his words petered off, mmmmmmm
The brute wagged his tail like a dog and he continued to eat his head foggy and his mind warm slowly he looked around wouldn’t it be fun to share this? He dropped his rump unceremoniously on the ground and loosed a howl that cried come see what I found but his howl faltered at the end and died out in a funny obscure manner, his head was to light to continue howling

He began to pluck stalks and lay them on the ground a sweet smelling clearish sap oozed from the end of the hollow stalks not unlike how a dandelion oozed whitish sap
(This post was last modified: Oct 28, 2018, 02:44 PM by Zev. Edit Reason: changed a sentence and fixed a font colour mistake )
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: Quick post just to get Solas in here

He hadn't been in the area long when a howl rose up from the surrounding trees before dying off in the strangest matter. Solas paused it was obvious that they had found something and were willing to share whatever it was. Maybe some leftovers of a meal? The stormy man wasn't all that hungry but a free meal wasn't something he was willing to pass up. If that was what was being shared. The only thing that bothered him was why the howl had ended in such an odd manner.

Not knowing if it was a good idea or not Solas pointed his nose to the sky and let out his own howl in response. If anything he could ask the wolf about Tulip and see if maybe they had seen her. So with that in mind, he took off paws sending little bits of grass flying as he ran. It didn't take him long to finally see the wolf that had called and Solas found his form tickling something in the back of his memory. Had they met before? Why, was he laying the plants out in front of him?

Solas stepped closer glancing around. There wasn't anything of interest that he could see, other than the plants. Was that what this wolf had called about? Plants? He didn't know all that much about them in but he had started to learn a little and by little, he meant very very little.
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]
Played by Rau who has 58 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
Sorry it seems like the site went down every time I posted a reply to this and RL has been kicking my butt lately, but now that's I'm so sick I can barely see straight I've had to cancel my appointments leaving me with some free time that I should be using to get better, this activity should count toward making me cheer up :D I promise I will not leave it this long again is the site cooperates or I'l try to Pm you first so you know I'm not disappearing
Sorry it's so damned short I'm not at my best

The brutes brain was fuzzy as he watched the wolf arrive, he made have listed sideways fractionally but it was hard to tell,
Zev smiled warmly at the newcomer. He knew this wolf, this one... he paused just a bit to long to think about it... Ahh, He who was surprised by the rock, "Rocky!" He chirped far to cheerfully, then continued as if they had just met yesterday "You remember how I told you about the uses of rocks, The Diationatous Earth and the fire making ones, He plucked a plant and offered it to Solas "This here plant has some nice uses too, all you need do is eat some!" Then he nodded at Solas as if he intended to continue speaking only after the other had indulged him by eating.

With that Zev set about eating another piece that he had previously plucked.
(This post was last modified: Nov 17, 2018, 03:59 AM by Zev. Edit Reason: fixing tags again )
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
Rocky? He wasn't a rocky. His brows raised in surprise at the odd greeting. Solas knew his colors were similar but this was the first time someone had actually called him a rock. It wasn't until the seemingly strange wolf went on to explain that he was the wolf that had explained to him about that weird white rock. Which made him the healer that Solas remembered. Zev if he recalled. A smile crossed his face as more details came back. I don't think I'll ever forget about that rock. Yep, it was Zev and it seemed like he was just as odd as the stormy male remembered.

He glanced at the plant that was being offered to him. He eyed it curiously for a moment. Had he eaten something like this before? He couldn't quite remember but he was sure that nothing bad was going to happen since Zev seemed fine and it appeared that he was eating some of it already. Solas gave an internal shrug, there was no harm in trying some. Placing a paw on the offered piece Solas slowly began to nibble on it. Yeah, he was pretty sure that he had eaten this a while ago but he had no idea what it was or what it did.

You said it had some uses? He asked eating small bits of the plant as he spoke. It tasted okay to him and if it was helpful in some way he might just try finding some more of it at a later date.
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]