297 Users Online
Adelard, Google, Bing, Chan, Juniper, Finley, Apollo, Magg

Confessions — Princess' Place 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar Silverveil
There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.

For the moment, Daesamar was content to wait before answering her question. His eyes were locked on the sky above them. Wispy clouds blew on the wind, occasionally covering the vast sea of stars. He thought about the view from down here, and how drastically different it was then further up the mountain. It was so much clearer up there, almost as if you were in the inky blackness of the nighttime sky itself instead of just looking out at it. Watching the sun rise over the peaks had yet to lose it’s impressive and awe-inspiring effect on the yearling as well. Suddenly, he felt the overwhelming yearning to share the experience with Lyanna. The long trek up the mountain, sleeping in rocky nooks just like they were now. Had he made a mistake when he joined a pack? The thought was sudden and filled him with worry.

Joining hadn’t been too bad, but that had been because Pebble had been by his side. With her, it felt like he had been able to take on any challenge with little fear. Her disappearance came back to mind at times. Had he done something that had driven her off? Had she seen something within the Tarn that was some kind of early warning and she bailed on him? Before he responded e took the time to enjoy Lyanna’s closeness again, feeling her running her nose along his leg. Returning the affection he nipped at her ear before resting his chin over her neck and shoulder.

“No, I didn’t, they’ve all been kind to me but…there was a couple of times I tried to open up deeper. I let the mask slip and one ended with my feelings just getting brushed aside, the other turned into a rank challenge.” Ever since that point, he had been reluctant to open up more than casual greetings with the others. His own thoughts proved to be safer and keeping them to himself left no risk of anything happening. No chance to be hurt by uncalloused brush-offs or advantageous wolves using those moments of weakness against him. “There’s one wolf, @Cheedo, she’s always been kind to me and helped me learn some things.” even then though, more or less due to his own shyness he had done little to bond with anyone.

[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn
I'm sorry for the wait! ♥

A quiet sigh escaped Lyanna as Daesamar laid his his across her shoulders. By now and as they laid nestled together in the safety of their lost nook, the angst that had brought her west of the Edge earlier had all but dissipated. The girl listened intently as her friend spoke, revealing that his pack mates were kind but hadn't been truly supportive of him when, from the sound of it, he may have needed it the most. And then he mentioned a name she knew - Cheedo.

Lyanna remembered the woman who'd come down from the mountain to find her tiny friend, Jenny. She remembered the sincerity and kindness Cheedo had offered to her even as a complete stranger. Though she didn't know the woman, her instinct held that Cheedo was a woman of integrity; perhaps she was just the sort of person that could be a positive in Daesamar's life when he needed it. For that, Lyanna was thankful that he had a friend in the tawny woman she'd only briefly encountered. "I am truly sorry to hear that you've been met with anything but kindness from any one, pack mates or not," she replied, craning her neck just so as she looked back toward him without lifting her head from his leg. "It sounds as though you have some companionship in Cheedo?" It wasn't actually a question, more of an affirmation that she'd heard what he'd shared with her. "...I met her once, a fortnight or two ago, actually. Jenny had come down the mountain alone and I came across her in Dragonveil Fold. Cheedo came to collect her. She was quite lovely."

Her eyes were growing heavier by the minute, but - this time - Lyanna would fight off the sleep that beckoned her to be able to spend as much time with her companion as she could. It wasn't difficult for her to grasp just how much Daesamar meant to her by now, and she had missed him more than she'd even realized. Enveloped in his warmth, she felt like she could stay here with him like this forever.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
@Cheedo had become a cornerstone in the young wolf’s life. If it hadn’t been for her, then he wasn’t sure if he’d even still be a member of the Tarn. She had always come when he had called, they had spent a few nights talking. She had been willing to listen when he had awkward questions and the Alpha had even given him good advice for dealing with things. Daesamar grimaced suddenly, a pang of guilt cutting into his heart. He should be out hunting more instead of seeking out Lyanna but he couldn’t bring himself to. The wolf currently pressed against his stomach and side had the same impact on his life as his leader had.

He’d have to talk to Cheedo as soon as he could about this. He shifted slightly, inhaling Lyanna’s scent. It sent his heart racing and left him feeling dizzy. He would stay like this for eons if he could, but unfortunately, he knew that it wouldn’t be possible. The two of them had packs to worry about and they had to come first, especially with the winter and harsher seasons around the corner. He heard a name, one that could manage to ruin his good mood if he really let it. The moment Jenessa was mentioned his closed his eyes. Their last real one on one encounter came to mind. He had gotten over her harsh words, she was young after all and maybe she hadn't learned just how much you could hurt someone. It didn’t mean he wanted to spend a lot of time with her though. He was simply bad with children.

“Well, I’m glad to hear that, Cheedo’s been a huge help to me, almost as much as you have.” he murmured before nipping at Lyanna’s ear playfully and growling softly “Though, you do still manage to confuse me so much.” He paused and considered the last part before he nodded in agreement “She is, and with everything, she’s been through she’s still able to hold her head up high.” He knew Lyanna wanted to only stay friends and it left him feeling conflicted about one last thing but he leaned in and whispered “You look lovely as well, especially in this moonlight. Your eyes remind me of the sun cresting the mountain, bright, golden and full of life and love for everything.”
(This post was last modified: Oct 13, 2018, 01:40 PM by Daesamar.)
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

It warmed her heart to hear that she'd made so much as even a slight impact in Daesamar's life. It was clear from what he'd chosen to share with her that he'd been through an awful lot, as young as he was when he'd lost his mother. It was truly rather tragic, a pain she couldn't fathom but for the empathy she felt. "For what it's worth, I think you're awfully brave, Daes. You pack is lucky to have you, and I hope that your bond with Cheedo lasts through even your darkest days." A smile touched the corner of her lips.

When he went on to issue her a beautiful compliment, her cheeks would have flushed had it not been for the way he was able to put her at such ease. His description of her eyes and the way he perceived the way she looked at the world through them was one of the nicest things anyone had ever said to her, honestly. Perhaps it was true. Lyanna wanted to live and to love, to do so with sincerity and dignity and good intentions; it wasn't so hard to when she had experiences like this one to fill her soul up. In a way, in that moment and as the beating of his heart thumped against her side, she couldn't help but to feel a cinder of guilt of her own. What if...What if she ended up hurting Daesamar? Was it selfish of her to indulge him - to indulge herself - like this tonight, knowing how he felt about her and that, when the sun rose, they would utter their farewells and part ways? She wanted him to be happy, safe - wanted the best for him. What if her platonic love for him ended up causing destruction instead of fulfillment? In her mind, she acknowledged the possibility; but in her heart, there was a sea of it left to give.

The line she was walking was frighteningly fine.

Her brows drew together ever so slightly then, the dissonance caused by the confliction simmering in the forefront of her mind, just beneath the peace she felt with him. "...That's one of the most beautiful things anyone has ever said to me." As calm as the sound of the night around them, her eyes gazed up at the stars in the sky as her tail beat softly against the dirt of their hideaway. "I'm incredibly thankful for you," she murmured, shifting just enough to be able to look up into his pale, silver eyes for a long, thoughtful moment before laying her head back down.

Outside, another firefly flickered past, and in the distance the glow of others came and went. Lyanna watched them with tired eyes, wondering what they made of the two wolves tucked away in a world of their own, if only for one night.

"Let's stay here forever."

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar Silverveil
There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.

It was people like Lyanna and Cheedo that had allowed the youth to get through the turbulent times of his past. Back then, his mother and family had been his support, but they were gone now. As far as he knew anyway. The woman’s words did little to ease his own guilt or his feelings for her. Being so close to her had his heart racing. Daesamar turned his head toward the sky once more, a soft sigh of content escaping. He hadn’t seen himself as brave but luckily. He had done what he had needed to in order to survive. Hearing the compliment from Lyanna had him flushing, warmth flooding his cheeks. What could he do now? He said he was fine with just staying friends, but every moment they spent here together away from their worries and fears. It wasn’t something he ever wanted to let go. He wanted her badly, for things to always stay like it was right now.

Momentialry distracted by the dancing fireflies he followed their flickering and dancing lights. It looked a lot like the stars above, almost as if they were in the very sky itself. Daesamar turned his head, looking down at Lyanna, a smile on his muzzle. He nodded his agreement “I don’t give them out lightly.” His silver eyes met her bright golden gaze and he held his tongue momentarily before pressing his cheek against her forehead. “I’m thankful for you Lyanna and I want to as well. Just to be with you forever.” He was happy, genuinely happy and content with his life for the first time in a long time. He didn’t have to worry about his pack, and there was someone he could share his worries and concerns with.

An idea struck the young wolf and he closed his eyes for a moment. It wasn’t just an idea, it was a wish and a hope. What if they could start up a pack together? The idea of leading something was daunting and terrifying but with her, by his side, he felt like he could take on anything in the world. Shifting around he readjusted his position, nudging her head and laying his cheek on the ground so that she wouldn’t have to. He’d bring it up later, maybe in the morning or the next time they met. For now, he was happy to just look out at the stars and fireflies, watching the brief flickers of light cast their warm orange glow against the dark trees. “What if we could stay together forever?”