not born of men but some bog-mother moon — Firefly Weir 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 60 posts.
Inactive Pup
SeeJay
@Vareth || Full Moon, Night, Overcast Clouds, 57.2 ° F, 14 ° C

i'm skin and bone

just a king on a rusty throne

She had been out just a tad too late. The sun had slipped down to hide below the horizon while the moon raised in the sky. It was bright but the clouds seemed to be trying their best to smother it. When the moon managed to squeeze through the clouds, the water reflected it beautifully. Nothing had charmed SeeJay like that reflection had. The secluded area hid it away from the rest of the world and she couldn't help but feel like this was all hers. Just like the rabbit foot or the roots of the medical den. A crooked grin rested on her face as she admired it.

Soon enough the clouds pulled back over the moon though and she was left with darkness, the faint cloudy light was not enough to make the magic she had seen. So she settled down onto her stomach, toes dipping into the weir ever so slightly. The girl was ready to wait for the magic to appear again.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Switch who has 44 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall
Wow this began to add up.
it's in my blood, it's in my water

SeeJay was a part of the Scowle. In fact he really couldn't remember a lot before she'd arrived. But he knew enough to realize she hadn't quite been with him and Senda at the beginning nor Vaeda and Anduin. She was an outsider of sorts. Maybe the Archer children weren't the nicest and hadn't helped in the issue. But he was starting to think it was on her own accord. He had noticed how she preferred the adults to company with other pups. How during lessons and gatherings she hung back away from them. He didn't quite understand. Morganna and Cel didn't treat her different. His dad neither. Him and the other pups weren't truly so bad were they? This was what puzzled him. And this was why when she stole away in the darkness he followed.

He had to know if she was afraid of them. More importantly what she was up to. Skirting away from the borders, venturing in the woods all alone, and in the night. Did she hide out here a lot? His dark nose wiggled as he put it close to the earth. But as far as he could tell it was just her one trail. The boy frowned, but continued to follow. Attempting to be quiet until eventually he came upon her little hide out.

It was a beautiful spot. Tucked away from everything, and there was a pool of water. The moon's silver light painted its surface unlike anything he'd seen. Marveled, he was sure it had never been so big and bright. It made this place seem more unreal. So much so he forgot about what he was doing until the light was smothered and his eyes had to adjust to the level of darkness. Settling upon her, looking none to bothered. Well it seemed obvious the dark didn't bother her. It wasn't what he was testing. "What ya doing?" He asked, easing closer to her with his ears cupped forward, and his tail slightly raised. Puzzlement in his unmatched eyes. It was kinda like she was waiting for something.  

i have been blessed with a wilder mind
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You smell the remains of an elk nearby. Enjoy your feast! +10 Health
Inactive Pup
SeeJay

i'm skin and bone

Waiting was usually not her forte, she found ways to occupy her time. Yet she was willing to wait for now. The mystic sight the moon had provided was worth waiting for. Nor could she recall seeing something like it in her short life. How did she know this was not just a once in a lifetime opportunity?

She wiggled her toes slightly and it sent ripples through the previously still water. It was well timed as a voice shattered her silence as well. Usually she would have tried to exit herself from the situation but there was no well meaning way out of this. Simply getting up and leaving would be too rude.

"Jus' wait." She softly responded, glancing between the clouded sky and the stilling water. Soon enough the magic would happen again and the boy would see exactly what SeeJay was doing. Although she did have to wonder if he had it in him to wait with her. The girl was well aware not everyone had the same interests as her. Obviously.

Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall
Wow this began to add up.

He was slightly surprised she didn't withdraw. It was what she was good at. Maybe it being just him she was less scared? He was beginning to wonder if his theory had even been right. But he still didn't have answers to his questions and Vareth liked to know things.

The girl told him to wait. A softness to her voice he'd never heard. Suggesting something to do with the sky and water. Oh, well duh she'd been looking at the beauty too. Seeing she didn't seem reluctant to share it with him, he made a place beside her. Just enough they still had space between them. He didn't think he needed to go out of his way to make her uncomfortable. In fact he decided he would try not to. It would mean if he found an answer it wouldn't be tainted.

"You think it will really happen again?" This time his own voice was hushed. If he was afraid of breaking something. Maybe he was as his mismatched gaze settled upon her own orange stare. Just for a second any way until lingering upon the clouds that obscured the moon. He realized the depth of his words. She would known he'd been standing here awhile would she care? From the corner of his eye he tried to see if it mattered. Or if she was far more worried about other things. Things that would have been better for him to look upon.  

Inactive Pup
SeeJay
she's a big baby, sorry )):

i'm skin and bone

"You think it will really happen again?"

Her ears swiveled and pressed against her crown, orange eyes looking away from the shifting clouds to look at her age-mate. "Ya already saw?" She asked softly. What was the feeling bubbling up from her stomach into her throat? She had felt it before but she didn't have a word for it. It made her tongue feel heavy and...and. Oh. She felt consumed by the feeling and awkwardly shuffled a bit away from him. Her gaze drifted anywhere else but him.

She didn't really need him to answer (for despite her more dull mind, she understood the word again) and so maybe she stopped listening as she focused on the feelings consuming her. It was a reminder of why she didn't linger around the kids her age. Everyone seemed to have a foot (paw?) up on her own skills. How long had he been there? How was he so skilled?

"I think I wanna head home." She mumbled softly under her breath, kicking a pebble into the water and shattering her magic show.

Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall
that's all right

Oh gods she had been listening. Vareth wasn't really good about fixing stuff. Eventually if he hurt Sedna they made up. Usually playing a game as if it'd they'd never fought in the first place. He was certain he would only freak SeeJay out more if he attempted to tackle and wrestle with her. So the boy gave no answer to verify, but his silence was probably enough. As there was little doubt she minded this fact, and his ears flattened in dismay. He really hadn't wanted to give her reason to leave.

She was going to go. Just like she always did. He felt a bit of bitterness stretch his jaws. A want to just grumble at her to go then. When she didn't run straight off a quiet sigh fled his lips, and he forced himself to move closer. Was it really that bad he'd been watching the whole time? "Look I just came to see what you were doing and should have said something sooner. But that..well..I've never seen anythin' like et." They could agree on that right? She could maybe see he didn't mean any harm. "I just thought..maybe you didn't want to be..alone." He rolled his lips shut, his mismatched stare upon her facade. He kinda wished his mom was here to help him fix it.