533 Users Online
Bing, Google

don’t call me nice again — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
@Moonshadow only.

She wasn't waiting any longer. The talk with @Kajika was done and she had grown antsy with each passing day. Maybe she had waited out of politeness or to see if her desires swayed. Yet everything seemed to stay the same with her. With the pack. Missing children, grieving wolves everywhere. She had to do something otherwise she knew she would just up and leave.

She moved with confidence to the heart of the territory. Everyone would hear her but she truly didn't expect anyone to show up. Nor did she really want anyone to show up. There was no telling what the outcome would be or how bad things could possibly get. While she didn't truly want anything to get bad she was prepared.

The Parlow tilted her head out and let out a deep call for Moonshadow. There was no outright challenge to her tone but it was clear this was a business call. Her tail curled over her spine and she lifted her head high, waiting for the appearance of the ebony female.

Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Yes life had been stressful for the cove matriarch, but it seemed like it always had been that way. Whenever a break was caught something devastating came along to undo it all. That didnt stop the ebony Eastfall from doing her very best to protect her home and her family. Large paws moved easily along the familiar border of her home. The stench of coyotes seemed to be fading which pleased her but the scents of Nash was still nowhere to be found. A small sigh fell from her maw as she brushed her coat against a tree. Her attention was pulled from her border patrol as Birtie called out for her. Detecting nothing alarming in the pale woman's voice Moonshadow turned and made her way to the origin of the call.

She made her way quickly through the rocky terrain until the Parlow came into view. Her voice had made it clear this wasnt a social call and her body language made it quite clear what was on the agenda. At the sight of a raised tail Moonshadow's own silver dusted banned lifted over her back. She too held her head high as the pair made eye contact. "Birtie," the name was the only thing she said her tone even and neutral. There was no need to ask why she called, her body language said it all. Adrenaline began to course through her veins for the four year old had never been in a rank challenge. Scuffles, yes. Fights, yes. But this was different and she didnt know how to feel about it.

Word Count: 000
(This post was last modified: Oct 02, 2018, 08:54 PM by Moonshadow.)
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She merely stared, not exchanging a hello or how are you for it seemed like an informal snarky thing to do. Birtie didn't expect Moonshadow to just roll over and so she accepted the woman's strong stance for what it was. Granted she kept her own dominant stance as well. Her features grew a bit soft as her brows thoughtfully furrowed. We can talk if you want to hear me out first. No one else she had challenged had wanted to hear her out. Granted this challenge wasn't like any other challenge she had had before.

But I think we both know even if you don't hear me out I won't stop. It was fact and no matter what it wouldn't change. The Parlow had made up her mind well before the ebony female had shown up.

(This post was last modified: Oct 02, 2018, 09:01 PM by Birtie.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

A few moments of silence passed between the women and no other form of greeting came, not that that bothered the ebony woman. Birtie did however offer to talk first if she would hear her out. Moon's silver dusted banner flicked over her back in thought. The Parlow woman continued to say that they both knew if she didnt hear her out then she wouldn't stop. Moonshadow had always been willing to lend a listening ear, and even now she would as well. "Birtie, ya know I'm always here to listen no matter what. And if ya dont I'm sorry I didnt make it known." She stated her features softening as well. Clearly something she was doing - or not doing - was bothering the pale woman. Moon wanted to know what it was so that she could hopefully improve upon it to be there better for her family.

(This post was last modified: Oct 02, 2018, 10:32 PM by Moonshadow.)
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

I think you need to step down Moonshadow. She stated with a soft sigh. Her facial features were soft but she held onto her dominant position. I think it's best for you to focus on you and your immediate family. Let someone else take the reigns for a bit. She explained as she aimed to meet the gaze of the ebony woman with her good eye. She was being awfully nice about this but Moonshadow deserved that. Even Birtie knew it.

Finally she huffed before her tone grew a bit stronger. I want your rank. If you'll let me have it, I'd be honored to have you as my adviser. Because even if Birtie was a bullheaded beast she knew she didn't have the proper experience. She would need an adviser. If I can't talk you into handing it over though...well, I'm gonna have to fight you for it.

Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Silver dusted ears pressed forwards as she listened to the other woman's words. Birite believed she needed to step down and focus on her immediate family - her children and husband. Her mind drifted back to Namid and their conversation after her return home. "You must remember you are not alone. Ask for help. There are wolves here who love you, who would love to take some of your burden. Allow them to. There is no shame in it."

Namid had done it with her. Trusted Moon to serve the pack while she took her time to heal, maybe she could do the same with Birtie now. Have the same arrangement with her that she did with the Vuesian queen. Though maybe not...the Parlow woman huffed before her tone became stronger. She wanted her rank and should she give it to her Birtie would want her as an advisor. Dark eye lids threatened to narrow for she felt that maybe the pale woman wasnt wanting to help but simply possess the rank. It was then made clear that if she couldnt be talked into it then Birtie would fight her for it.

Silver met yellow as silence fell between them so that Moonshadow could think of a response. There was no way she would willingly give up her role unless she truly believed she could no longer protect them. Which she felt like she still had a few good years left in her. "How 'bout a deal?" she prosed an eye brow raised quizzically curious if Birtie would be willing to compromise. "Yes maybe a break would be good, but I  was entrusted to lead to keep those within it safe. So how 'bout I take a step back temporarily and allow ya to take the reins. But when I feel ready then ya hand it back over. If ya dont wanna take the deal then I guess we can hash it out." She hoped that Birtie would be willing to take the deal just as she had with Namid. Something deep down in her though felt like the Parlow woman wouldn't be satisfied with that, so her body prepared its self for the latter option.

(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2018, 04:45 AM by Moonshadow.)
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She would take what she could get. Although her unspoken conditions might or might not be shown with time. No one had ever said she was the most lawful creature.

Deal.

The world fell from her inky lips without a second thought as she kept her gaze locked on the ebony leader. It was official then. There was a heat in her chest that was not acknowledged and would likely go ignored for some time. I think a meeting might be in order to discuss the change and let others know. I'd like you next to me there. There was a silent question in her gaze.

"Will you be there?"

Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Sorry about the wait! <3

Dark brows raised in mild surprise. If she was to be completely truthful she didnt think this problem would be solved with words. Nonetheless Birtie agreed to the arrangement and proposed a meeting to let the others know of the change. Her mind flashed back to the meeting where Vespertio announced her stepping up, and where Namid sat during it. Her gut wrenched a little bit before the Parlow woman stated that she wanted Moon to be there with her. Keeping her composure Moonshadow gave her packmate a nod. "That's a good idea, shall we call it now?" she suggested knowing the pale woman would want to take over immediately but wanted everyone to know the deal so that there was no confusion later on. Plus now she could go search herself for her child instead of leaving it to someone else.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
one more from each of us should do it? :)

Soon. She replied evenly as she kept holding her strong stance, making it clear that while it might not be fully announced yet the position was rightfully hers. A deal is a deal. Even if the deal is made with the devil. I want to inform Kajika of it myself first. Once that is done I'm sure the meeting will be called soon after. She informed the Eastfall woman with a polite nod.

If we're both done here I think we have more pressing matters to attend to? The Parlow asked with a quirked brow. Would the woman finally get some much needed rest or even stretch her legs some? Whatever it was did not fully bother the new leader of the Cove. She simply knew she had her own matters to attend to now. It just...wouldn't sound so leaderly if she said so selfishly.

Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Feel free to fade and archive and ill change the ranks! <3 Ill also PM you about the meeting :)

A hot prickly feeling washed over the ebony female as a single word was uttered in response soon. Moonshadow wanted this to be done already and for everyone to be on the same page. Birtie however wanted to inform Kajika first then hold the meeting for the rest of the pack. Why this bothered her Moon had no idea. It was a perfectly reasonable want but it just didnt sit well but she had no reason to speak out so she simply returned the polite nod. The Parlow woman wasted no time in ending this meeting, saying if they were done then they had more pressing matters to attend. Silver orbs met one yellow for a second. "Yes we do" she agreed holding her completely dominate stance for a moment longer. It pained her but a deal was a deal so her silver dusted tail unrolled going to a neutral position behind her. Her head however didnt quite move. It was her way of saying until the meeting she wouldn't completely let go. With another polite dip of her head the large woman turned and left the scene. Knowing Birtie would go seek out Kajika, Moon was left to mull over what had just transpired on her own.

Moons exit