(See All?) Announcements
543 Users Online
Sophrosnia, Google, Bing

spent too much money on a therapist — Nomads Pass 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
He wasn't surprised by the words that came from Summiter. Another thread of hope snapped and Solas simply shook his head at the question. If you find her just tell her to go to the Cove. I'll. He swallowed sharply. I'll be returning there eventually. If he stayed would be another thing altogether. She's fairly young about two years old. He didn't know her exact birthday but he was fairly certain of her age.

A soft snort escaped him at the mention of a cat. If it had been a cat he didn't think that it would have left it in the open like this but then not all cats were the same. Doesn't have to be a cat, could have been another wolf, or it might have been an eagle. They were close to the mountains and he had the large birds flying near them once or twice but he ignored them and they ignored him. He was probably too large to be something for them to take down but then a deer was larger than him. In any case, he didn't have any issues with the birds.

Solas waited as his companion ate his fill. There was no need to be pushy since there was no way that Summiter could finish half a deer by himself. Maybe if the stormy man was hungrier he might have pushed the issue but right now he was actually happier to have a bit of company even if they might part ways soon enough.

Summiter stepped back his mouth bloodied and motioned that Solas could take what he wanted. Stepping forward the stormy man took over where the other had left off. Striping meat from bone and enjoying the taste of it no matter how old it was on his tongue.
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]
Played by Switch who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
You can't even slow me down

He did his best to keep his expression neutral instead of bemused. There was just something about the way Solas had spoke. As if he didn't want to go back to the Cove, or couldn't. Much as it'd be interesting to pull at that thread, he didn't. He nodded in quiet understanding, trying to put the details together so he might remember. She was more likely to take care of herself at two years than six months.

"True, but it's a bit easier to steal from one wolf or an eagle," He remarked, the hint of humor still in his gaze. Stealing wasn't a good thing, but neither was starving. Whatever reason it was here he was he was just happy for the free meal. It might have to last him quite awhile. The less effort the better.

He thought about trotting on his way, but he didn't quite want to leave his company. He took to a sit, chewing his meal for a moment before pinning his gaze on the man. "Are you the only one looking for her?" There was no tease, just simple interest.

Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
Stealing was definitely a bad thing and Solas was well aware of that fact. He hadn't been driven to that point himself but he had seen what could happen to others when they thought that they could slip into a pack's territory and help themselves to their caches. It was one of the few things that had caused him to hide in his mother's fur and shiver at the savagery as they had torn that wolf apart. Some of the thieves he had met while they weren't trying to take from packs had been rather unpleasant, to say the least. The only 'thief' that he could honestly say wasn't like that was Tulip but she hadn't been able to steal from the Cove and had gotten caught instead.

As long as that wolf doesn't have friends to help track you down later. He offered with a shrug. Either way its here regardless of what decided to leave it. They both got a rather filling meal with absolutely no effort, besides walking over to it, and that was something a loner couldn't really refuse.

The question that left Summiter mouth caused Solas's mouth to close with a sharp click. Was he the only one looking? He hoped not. He really hoped not, but it had been months since she had been taken. Would the others have given up by now? Maybe. I don't know. He said slowly looking at the deer that they had both decided to partake from before letting out a sigh. It's been some months since I started looking so I guess there's a pretty good chance the others stopped looking by now. He hated the idea that they could have dropped the search but could he blame them? Not really. Not when he was losing hope himself.
Inactive No Rank
Summiter

"Got that right," he agreed, going back to chomping on his piece. Debating if he should chew and swallow faster to get another one. Especially seeing that his question had provoked something in the man, Summit continued to rip the meat up. Obviously he was listening, and eventually stilled his jaw. Cleaning his face,  his black ears twisted back.

"Well was she part of your pack long? Were you the one she's closest too?" It probably wasn't really helpful but Summit had so little to offer. He wasn't really about false comfort not unless it worked in his favor. Why he could try to convince this man to hang with him, give them both a better winter advantage he doubted Solas would. "Eventually no matter who it is, how far you've looked, and spread the word out there's still a pack that needs taken care of, and yourself."

Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
He didn't care if Summiter went for another piece of meat or not he was too busy considering the questions that had been asked. I actually don't know for sure how long she was there. He had been aware of the tension at first but his frequent hunts had meant that he hadn't been in the territory very often. It also meant it had probably been more than a few weeks before he had even been introduced to her. Besides the lead female, Moonshadow, I was probably the closest to her. Solas hadn't seen her with Kajika but that didn't mean that they hadn't talked at all. If he remembered right it was Kajika who had initially offered her a place in the Cove.

Summiter's honest words were like sandpaper rubbing against his ears. He knew that, but that didn't stop him from wanting to look, even if all it gave him was bloody paws. I know but I just can't seem to stop. Shaking his head he sighed again in frustration. She could be just around the corner, and I don't want to turn away when she might be there. Even if it seems hopeless. It was hopeless. He was hopeless. How could he expect to keep going like this? He was a better than he was just months ago but he was still wearing himself down and it was all taking its toll on him.
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
This one kinda meh sorry if ya struggle I can attempt to add.

It seemed he hadn't put much thought to other details. Summit would guess when he started his search those probably hadn't been important. Maybe they weren't important now. Sometimes they were. At least it seemed there was someone else rather than him that might miss her. "Then you probably have the best chance of figuring out where she went." He offered, though the man probably knew that. "Had she ever wanted to leave? Have a reason at all? Come from another pack around here?" Again not entirely helpful. There was no way he was going to offer to join on this sad search. He'd pass the word around, and wonder about what became of it. But that was all.

"That's is rough," he muttered, batting around a few other words in his mind. "Still I hope you think bout taking some some kind of break. Won't do her any good if something happens to you. Who'd find her and help her then?"

Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
Slowly he began to shake his head in denial as Summiter began asking questions like had Tulip wanted to leave or did she come from another pack in the area. Solas had checked some not all the packs that were around but there was one very major flaw in what his companion was saying. She didn't leave on her own she was taken. We found the blood and fur. He responded adamantly. There was no way someone would leave behind that sort of evidence if they just wanted to leave. It would be so much easier to just walk out across the border and disappear and Solas knew that Tulip wouldn't have done that to the pack, or to him.

I followed the trail as best as I could but the bastards made it vanish pretty quick once they left the borders. He wanted to get angry at the wolves but right now he felt a bit numb to it. He had after all had months to think about this as he had searched.

Maybe, I've slowed down a bit to try and gain some weight with the winter coming and all. He knew he could still stand to gain a few more pounds but Summiter was right if he was the only one looking then who would find her when he was out of commission because he had been too stubborn to slow down and take care of himself. A frustrated sigh escaped him as he once more looked at the deer. I guess I'll consider taking a break once I reach the northern edges of the mountain. It was the best he could offer at the moment. If he couldn't find Tulip by the time winter came full force he would probably be forced to stop regardless of his wishes.